Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

really has to cut the sloppy passes out. still fairly early days, but the problem at this point is any opposition manager who does his homework will see that you can get a lot of joy if you make Sanchez pass it quickly and he seems to lose confidence quickly so one bad pass is usually followed shortly by another.

hes a bit inconsistent. 1 game is awesome the next he isnt. He still needs time. Kind of glad Delph got injured so he can get an opportunity to settle before Delph **** off. He will come good. His fitness still looks short of Premier League level.

When he gets the ball, its almost as if he feels he needs to get rid of it straight away and most of the time he panics and just boots it anywhere. He doesn't do a bad job of breaking things up but he immediately puts us back under pressure when he gives the ball away. Not quite sure what to make of him yet tbh.

Edited by Jimzk5

I think there looked a great player there.  He looks slightly off the pace and trying too hard and rushing his passes.

We have to remember it took Angel and Petrov a season to get used to playing in England and they didnt turn out too bad.

Don't think he is quite used to the amount of time (or lack of) he will get on the ball here. That will come hopefully.. ATM, I actually prefer to see him get forward and he seems far more confident doing so.

• Like 1

I think there looked a great player there.  He looks slightly off the pace and trying too hard and rushing his passes.

We have to remember it took Angel and Petrov a season to get used to playing in England and they didnt turn out too bad.

We may not have a season with him, I'm afraid. He needs to get it together, now!

Dear me complete overreaction.Not his best performance last night, but showed enough to suggest that we would miss him terribly if he wasn't in the team.

The problem last night was PLs insistence on getting Westwood in the team, he plays too deep, and Sanchez pushes up to far forward, and then looks off the pace when he has to get back.He needs to just sit in front of the back 4 and win the ball there, the fact that Westwood , Cleverley, NZog, and Weimann did nothing with the ball when we got it is another problem.

Sanchez will turn out to be a bargain at £4m

• Like 2

Clearly has ability and is also still a bit off the pace of Prem. Whether he can learn that we will see.

One thing I like about him though is his winning/challenging of headers coming from the opposing centre backs. He did this a lot of times last night and the fact that he is pretty big means that it cut off a main supply line into Pelle which I think contributed to the fact that other than the goal they only really had one other very good chance.

not a convinced student of all this working their socks off....some could view it as chickens with their heads chopped off....football is played upstairs in the head.

yes, working hard is essential, IF that work is effective....reading the game is equally as important, composure is equally as important, temperament is equally as important, intelligent movement is equally as important,first touch is essential too.

my god we have a long way to go and judging by what i see, we haven't started yet.

Â