Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I like him further up. He takes risks that a DM shouldn't.

Agreed, you can't dwell on the ball, expect the ref to give a foul, not clear it or dribble in tight places but I think he will improve in this respect, he certainly looks more comfortable that his very early games, though he's not really played for us as yet.

He did look fairly happy playing a little higher, a good tactical decision from Lambert, but I do think he could do the DM role as long as he can take on board that any mistake can cost the game.

It's great to see a player improve so quickly, I hope he can make it at our club.

I actually think he's the AM we've been praying for :o

Maybe not as crazy as it sounds. So far his strengths with us are his quick and usually accurate passing, rather than his defensive work. It makes sense that a DM would take time to get used to the Premier League, whereas AM abilities are maybe easier to use straight away.

Maybe not as crazy as it sounds. So far his strengths with us are his quick and usually accurate passing, rather than his defensive work. It makes sense that a DM would take time to get used to the Premier League, whereas AM abilities are maybe easier to use straight away.

Go for it!

We already have Gabby and Andi on the flanks, Cleverly out left and Westwood as a DM so Sanchez as ACM makes perfect sense.

Playing players out of position is kinda the Aston Villa way 

Edited by sne

I think it shows how uncreative Cleverley and Westwood are that a DM comes in and looks more attacking.

Partly true, unfortunately. But also maybe shows that what he is above all is a decent reader of a football game. He's got closer to scoring than any of our other midfielders as well.

IIRC no Aston Villa midfielder has scored a goal after 11 games this season. Unbelievable, really.

I think it shows how uncreative Cleverley and Westwood are that a DM comes in and looks more attacking! LOL

I thought we were going to see how creative Westwood is once Sanchez came into midfield and did the defensive duties. Not working well yet.

Sanchez doesn't appear to be employed that defensively now.  Every single midfielder we have seems to be suited to being played in the centre of a midfield 3.  No attacking and no defensive midfielder.

I thought Cole and Sanchez were brought in for those two roles.

I think it shows how uncreative Cleverley and Westwood are that a DM comes in and looks more attacking! LOL

I thought we were going to see how creative Westwood is once Sanchez came into midfield and did the defensive duties. Not working well yet.

Also hasn't happened.  Top post though :D

Â