Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

anr=

So yet again a player who has hardly played gets written off!! IMO he was our best player against QPR he has shown at the WC he has quality. He's still finding his feet but has showed glimpses of quality. He got caught out of position a couple of times but he did ok. I for one won't judge him fully until he's played a number of times.

He has started 3 matches and people are saying how they think he did.

Not a crime and not really "writing him off".

What he did in the World Cup isn't relevant - he needs to play well for us. Also I seriously doubt whether many people paid much attention to him in the World Cup. There were other players in the Colombian squad more likely to catch the eye.

I think there;s a good player in there, he's just made a couple of high profile mistakes.

Weirdly, the last 2 games have actually encouraged me about him.

Before I really wasn't sure if he'd ever be any good.

I think if you look beyond the big mistakes he's made he's done pretty well.

Obviously that doesn't matter if he's making big mistakes. But if he can cut them out then I think he'll do well.

He's still far from ready to play in the PL.

He has some obvious ability. However he also has numerous flaws that unfortunately leads to at least one goal per game when he makes those mistakes. At this level though mistakes are easily punished. 

Easily our best midfielder but also biggest liability at the same time. Until he gets to grips with the PL and cuts out his flaws I'd drop him for a safer option like Richardson who's been more efficient and incisive.

Edited by GasGasGas

anr=

So yet again a player who has hardly played gets written off!! IMO he was our best player against QPR he has shown at the WC he has quality. He's still finding his feet but has showed glimpses of quality. He got caught out of position a couple of times but he did ok. I for one won't judge him fully until he's played a number of times.

He has started 3 matches and people are saying how they think he did.

Not a crime and not really "writing him off".

What he did in the World Cup isn't relevant - he needs to play well for us. Also I seriously doubt whether many people paid much attention to him in the World Cup. There were other players in the Colombian squad more likely to catch the eye.

It's writing him off when people say he's "shit". Saying he had a poor game, or cost us the game is perfectly fair though.

• Like 1

Easily our best midfielder yesterday and his range of passing is generally better than I expected but he is still settling in and will make mistakes. Especially as he is having to be both the defensive and creative midfielder because Cleverley is chickening out and hiding in games and Westy couldn't pass wind at the moment without shitting his pants.

He needs time and better quality around him. Westy needs ungrading Cleverley needs to be sent back to Manure!

• Like 1

I think he looks very good and has got the makings of being a big player for us.
Is obviously making errors at the moment, I think that is more to do with getting used to the pace of the game, he is going to be getting closed down a lot more, he just needs to get sharper with his decision making.

I think at times he was looking around for Westwood /Cleverley and they were totally gone walkabout. The pace seems to be a genuine issue for him too,

This. He looks really tired towards the end of games. Westwood, to me, is very lightweight, and there are so many occasions when Cleverly finds himself in good positions only to turn back or lay it off to others in less dangerous positions.

I think at times he was looking around for Westwood /Cleverley and they were totally gone walkabout. The pace seems to be a genuine issue for him too,

I think it will be something he adapts too in time, much like many CM we have seen come over here.

One minute he thinks he has all the time in world to make a pass, nearly gets caught out and then he starts rushing his game too much and making silly errors :(

He just let players go past him too easily today.

Especially one occasion in the first half, near the half way line. I don't think I've ever seen a player stand off his man so much. It was one of those things that makes you wish you could have an instant replay, it was that bad.

I thought he was poor, but you could just see that there is a cracking little pleyer in there somewhere. He will become an important part of the first 11 further on in the season, he certainly has shown signs of it already.

He is still adapting, both to the team and the league, but I think there are quite a few positives to take from his last two performances. As some others have said, I'm pretty confident that he'll improve with each passing game.

• Like 3

Definitely a poor game yesterday, struggling with the pace of the game but that is something he can develop.

He has time to make it here for sure, just wish he'd do it quickly because he is a liability for us at the minute.

Delphs injury has'nt helped in that respect. Its been sort of 'off you go, son, get on with it'.

Â