Aly Cissokho

samjp26

Correct stevo, but what I am saying is when he reach's that final third part of the pitch he just looks a tad shakey to me at times.

I agree with this. I don't think attacking is part of his game. Maybe only one in five crosses are any good. Benteke was looking really frustrated with Aly towards the end of the game yesterday. He's a huge upgrade defensively on what we've had in the last few years but I'm not sure he's entirely comfortable going forward. He needs an attack-minded winger in front of him to pass off to.

• Like 1

did anyone actually think he played well yesterday?

WOW, I know I was wrong on the Okore stats, but this guy was awful. 

all their decent play came from him getting tackled, slowing play down and losing posession or being completely out of position. 

The second half he got a little better, but the first half he was like a sunday league player blowing out his arse after a night on Scrumpy Jack!

Plus I know for a fact Sanchez covered his backside twice because he did it right infront of me in the stand!

we were all screaming for Cissoko to get back and he was cantering back...

He's a massive upgrade on Bennett and Luna w/ respect to positioning in general and covering opposing wingers and fullbacks breaking forward, but I thought he really struggled on the few occasions Mahrez managed to go at him head on.   He got completely turned inside out for the goal and was at least as much at fault as Westwood.  I'm not convinced he's better than Bennett in that situation.  Certainly not better than Bertrand.

I like that he looks to get forward and he keeps getting my hopes up until I'm reminded he has little end product unless the opposition is playing so far off him that he can get in a cross with no pressure and little danger of bouncing it off their first man.   His crossing when unchallenged is decent, though.  Still, a significant step down from Bertrand going forward.

The goal wasn't his fault at all. He showed Mahrez inside which was the correct option and once he did that, it then falls to the defensive-midfielder to take charge.

Edited by Isa

Yeah Cissokho didn't do anything wrong for the goal IMO, that's on Westwood. Cissokho did the right thing showing him inside and I have no idea what Westwood was doing. Rather than forcing him along the box or to pass the ball, he just stood still and got in Aly's way and let Mahrez get the shot off.

• Like 1

I'm actually glad we got this guy instead of Bertrand

Bertrand was definitely better but way more expensive he's been decent for the 1.75m we paid

Thought Bertrand had a good start for us but went off the boil. I don't think he really could be bothered with a relegation fight when he knew he'd be away come May anyway.

Cissokho done really well. The commentators on 5live were raving about his crosses on Sunday.

Â