Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure anything from the mandalorian / BF can boast that (although I'm guessing for a few the end of mandalorian season 2 will be in that list) 

Insert just when I thought I was out gif 

I thought the final episode of season 1, directed by Taika Waititi, was the peak moment of the show. It was so good. I think my disappointment was clear in an earlier post, but that reveal at the end of season 2 fell so flat on its face for me. Everything about 'Luke' in the TV shows has been really off for me.

Spoiler

The new Spiderman film showed how to bring back classic characters—you actually have to give them a chance to do something and be a character interacting with the world, not just waftily drifting through a scene or two making bizarre decisions.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

I thought the final episode of season 1, directed by Taika Waititi, was the peak moment of the show. It was so good. I think my disappointment was clear in an earlier post, but that reveal at the end of season 2 fell so flat on its face for me. Everything about 'Luke' in the TV shows has been really off for me.

Reveal hidden contents

The new Spiderman film showed how to bring back classic characters—you actually have to give them a chance to do something and be a character interacting with the world, not just waftily drifting through a scene or two making bizarre decisions.

I'm the only person I know that thought season 1 was better than season 2. I loved the short, sharp, self-contained storytelling of the first season. The second season started to become more like a generic action space show, and the nostalgia stuff didn't do much for me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Natalie Portman in the prequels is like a world class footballer joining man utd

Give it a week and they won't give a **** either and start performing as bad as the rest of them 

You can say what you like about christensen but you have a proven top quality actress also doing that along side him... Something was wrong there, the script is obviously utter garbage 

But the prequels are also a bit like boba fett, largely uninteresting verging on poor and then bang something really brilliantly star warsy slaps you in the face, darth maul and duel of fates is a top 5 star wars all time moment for me and I'm not sure anything from the mandalorian / BF can boast that (although I'm guessing for a few the end of mandalorian season 2 will be in that list) 

Insert just when I thought I was out gif 

Ewan McGregor also left his acting skills at home before arriving on set too.

I’ve really enjoyed both The Mandalorian and BoBF, and the classic Western set up and feel to the episodes. I think they’re perfectly made for what they’re supposed to be. 

It helps keeping in mind that you’re watching a silly kids’ show for grown up geeks. About which I feel precisely zero shame. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

well, I think it looks good! 

It does. It looks pretty great in that trailer tbh. Hopefully it's better than the rubbish Boba Fett!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It does. It looks pretty great in that trailer tbh. Hopefully it's better than the rubbish Boba Fett!

I didn’t mind Boba Fett but it was basically an extended Mando storyline (should’ve included it as part of the Mando series instead) 

• Like 2

looks bigger budget to me, hopefully they spend more time of Tatooine 

also looks like it has a proper baddie, maybe even 2 or 3

wonder if they'll take the opportunity to introduce a new jedi or a potential spin off with another survivor - my not exactly cock on the block guess is that someone from rebels will turn up

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

looks bigger budget to me, hopefully they spend more time of Tatooine 

also looks like it has a proper baddie, maybe even 2 or 3

wonder if they'll take the opportunity to introduce a new jedi or a potential spin off with another survivor - my not exactly cock on the block guess is that someone from rebels will turn up

Spoiler

The baddies, the Inquisitors feature heavily in Star Wars Rebels (well worth watching). 

As for a known Rebels character rocking up, The timeline for Kenobi precedes Rebels by just a few years so you may see a younger Kanan Jarus?!? That would be quite cool

Â