Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

They've also confirmed the mandalorian s3 will be February with ashoka later in the year 

There's also a new SW show starring jude law called skeleton crew, sounds like it's about kids (but they said not for kids) set after return of the jedi

Just watched the first episode of Kenobi and thought it was pretty good indeed! 

good introduction to characters and where the plot will be heading.

Spoiler

Also a nice part for Flea of RHCP 😎

• Like 1

Potentially interesting Obi-Wan/Hellraiser cross over in the first ep? :D  

OBI-WAN KENOBI Star Rupert Friend Reveals Grand Inquisitor Details And Why  He DIDN'T Watch STAR WARS REBELS

Fairly OK opening episodes. The chase scenes featuring a supposedly 10 y.o (who looks 5 years younger) and grown men was a bit comically bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enjoyed the first two episodes of Obi Wan.

Nothing too surprising, but a decent storyline developing and I do like the main antagonist.

Promising start.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

In real life she is Ewan McGregors' daughter.

Apparently had drug problems, as did Ewan so it's crazy seeing her trying to sell drugs to her dad whilst looking like Paul Foot selling pills at Winterfell.

• Haha 2

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Obe and thought they sucked. So many parts are jarring that the ability to enjoy the show is terminally damaged. Most of the acting is straight up bad with baby Leia and pouty teenage third sister as the worst offenders.

Spoiler

The action scenes are ALL awful. Any time Leia is outrunning grown men is stupidly awful. Reva is menacing like spoiled toddler, shaking her impotent fist at everything. And where did she go after her lame parkour effort across the city? Her whole plan worked up to the point she forgot to book an uber to get to the action in time. 

I mean she is flipping and shooting down towers to turn into bridges and bouncing up and down walls to get to the fight then just sort of never turns up.  The parkour was so pointless too. Just run.

The stiff English inquisitor (Hellraiser from Berkshire) was seemingly unaware that his disobedient dark side sister would turn on him which is literally a sith teaching. And what is with guy in the wide cycle helmet getting so upset about civilians getting hurt. Dark side getting all sniffy about collateral damage came out of nowhere. Mostly though it was Leia that spoiled it. Can't act, can't run, I can't be the only one that was wishing that Obe Wan would force choke her.

Kumaul Nanjiani was funny, but desperately tried to throw his life away for no gain to the most bloodthirsty inquisitor, who then decided to spare his life even though he was actively trying to help a Jedi!  I mean she tried to stab every innocent person she met, but actually stand up to her and all you get is a wall slam and back on with your day.

Ewan is decent, but starved of anything meaty to deliver thanks to a script that is functional at best.

Our main conversion in the straggler household after watching was, which is worse. The scooter chase on Boba or the Leia chase through the woods? It is a close thing and the scooter chase is one of the worst things the star wars universe has ever spat out. 

Home alone was more credible.

36 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Obe and thought they sucked. So many parts are jarring that the ability to enjoy the show is terminally damaged. Most of the acting is straight up bad with baby Leia and pouty teenage third sister as the worst offenders.

Reveal hidden contents

The action scenes are ALL awful. Any time Leia is outrunning grown men is stupidly awful. Reva is menacing like spoiled toddler, shaking her impotent fist at everything. And where did she go after her lame parkour effort across the city? Her whole plan worked up to the point she forgot to book an uber to get to the action in time. 

I mean she is flipping and shooting down towers to turn into bridges and bouncing up and down walls to get to the fight then just sort of never turns up.  The parkour was so pointless too. Just run.

The stiff English inquisitor (Hellraiser from Berkshire) was seemingly unaware that his disobedient dark side sister would turn on him which is literally a sith teaching. And what is with guy in the wide cycle helmet getting so upset about civilians getting hurt. Dark side getting all sniffy about collateral damage came out of nowhere. Mostly though it was Leia that spoiled it. Can't act, can't run, I can't be the only one that was wishing that Obe Wan would force choke her.

Kumaul Nanjiani was funny, but desperately tried to throw his life away for no gain to the most bloodthirsty inquisitor, who then decided to spare his life even though he was actively trying to help a Jedi!  I mean she tried to stab every innocent person she met, but actually stand up to her and all you get is a wall slam and back on with your day.

Ewan is decent, but starved of anything meaty to deliver thanks to a script that is functional at best.

Our main conversion in the straggler household after watching was, which is worse. The scooter chase on Boba or the Leia chase through the woods? It is a close thing and the scooter chase is one of the worst things the star wars universe has ever spat out. 

You want to get off that there fence before you fall and hurt yourself 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Straggler said:

Most of the acting is straight up bad with baby Leia and pouty teenage third sister as the worst offenders.

Reveal hidden contents

Damn toddlers and their lack of ability to Meryl Streep it straight out of kindergarten.😀

I thought she did a great job if you ignore the hilarious running.   She caught the essence of Carrie Fisher superbly IMO.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Damn toddlers and their lack of ability to Meryl Streep it straight out of kindergarten.😀

I thought she did a great job if you ignore the hilarious running.   She caught the essence of Carrie Fisher superbly IMO.

I could be being a bit harsh because of the running.  I know it's not her fault, but if you are casting for a character that is going to be running a lot, it would surely make sense to check if they can run? 

Spoiler

I may also be being a bit harsh because of how irritating I am finding the way the character is written.  She reminds me of the daughter in Army of the Dead (2021) who's main job is to put themselves into precarious positions regardless of the logic, so they need to be rescued.  I mean, her decision to jump the gap between buildings was basically suicide.  She was never in a million years capable of making that jump, and didn't get close to half way.  It made as much sense as when Dwayne Johnson and Samuel Jackson 'aimed for the bushes' in the Other Guys.

I just want her bits of the show to end whilst I'm watching them.  I'd rather watch the tension between Obi Wan and uncle Owen, which is much more fun.

I don't think the editing is helping either.  Obi Wan somehow teleporting down the side of the building after he had saved Leia, all 3 of the Inquisitors being stopped by an awning when the Jedi they were chasing ran out of the bar. It just looks odd/unexplained along with all the other stuff I mentioned.  Damn, that spice container going off like a narcotic flash bang when it got thrown on the floor. 

Maybe I've been spoiled with watching a really high standard of child actor in movies I've seen recently. Dafne Keen in Logan is one that springs to mind. That is a totally different level, but I do understand that the material she was working with was better too. So yea, maybe I'm a little unfair saying she can't act, but I'm certainly not enjoying the character as presented on screen. 

Also, now I feel guilty for slagging off the work of a 9-year-old who was probably doing her best.

12 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Hide contents

Obi Wan somehow teleporting down the side of the building after he had saved Leia, all 3 of the Inquisitors being stopped by an awning when the Jedi they were chasing ran out of the bar.

Yeah, those two bits did cause a bit of eye rolling when I watched 😄

I'm willing to let a bit of logic go out of the window though on occasion.

• Like 1

Â