Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Spoiler

Vader watching Obi-Wan burn with the flames flickering off the eyes of his mask. Some pretty gnarly moments in that episode tbh. A Stormtrooper snapped clean in half (bah gawd!) Vader force choking some guy then force snapping his sons neck straight after, then dragging a woman down the street by her ankle....

• Like 1

Much happier with episode 3. Some proper character development delivered really nicely and a proper baddy being bad. Action was impactful and stylishly delivered. So, so much better than the first 2.

Episode 3

Spoiler

Stormtrooper asks the man who doesn't fit in and is dressed like a Jedi if he's seen a Jedi

:crylaugh:

Spoiler

Vader's outfit looked cheap to me? Also really large cod piece for some reason.

Also, I always thought that the meeting in New Hope was the 1st time they'd seen each other since Anakin and Obi-Wan fought in Ep 3. This kinda spoils that a bit

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Episode 3

Reveal hidden contents

Stormtrooper asks the man who doesn't fit in and is dressed like a Jedi if he's seen a Jedi

:crylaugh:

Hide contents

Vader's outfit looked cheap to me? Also really large cod piece for some reason.

Also, I always thought that the meeting in New Hope was the 1st time they'd seen each other since Anakin and Obi-Wan fought in Ep 3. This kinda spoils that a bit

Regarding the second spoiler

Spoiler

They have previously tried to copy the oldest Vader costume, in Rogue One for instance, to the extent of trying to copy mistakes and damage in the costume from the original film, so it's possible they've done the same here.

There's a whole 'thing' about the Star Wars costumes with people able to tell the difference between the films just on minor details that change between the costumes over the series, so it's likely they'll have tried to cater to that crowd by making the suit look a bit shit. The original Vader costume is infamously crap, it has things like smudges in the paint and moulding faults in the helmet that they fixed in the later films.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Regarding the second spoiler

Hide contents

They have previously tried to copy the oldest Vader costume, in Rogue One for instance, to the extent of trying to copy mistakes and damage in the costume from the original film, so it's possible they've done the same here.

There's a whole 'thing' about the Star Wars costumes with people able to tell the difference between the films just on minor details that change between the costumes over the series, so it's likely they'll have tried to cater to that crowd by making the suit look a bit shit. The original Vader costume is infamously crap, it has things like smudges in the paint and moulding faults in the helmet that they fixed in the later films.

Spoiler

And the enlarged cod piece? :D

Enjoying Obi-Wan and a few episodes into Boba too. All good.

Might have to pick up the Mandolorian again, for some reason just stopped watching it before the end of the first season.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Might have to pick up the Mandolorian again, for some reason just stopped watching it before the end of the first season.

I’d advise that you pick up the Mandalorian before you continue with Boba.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2022 at 10:42, Dante_Lockhart said:

Same re the stopping. For me it was because it was just so, so bad. I'd heard great things, from people whose opinions I respect, which is why I stuck with it for so long. I gave up two episodes before the end and never felt like I missed out.

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Same re the stopping. For me it was because it was just so, so bad. I'd heard great things, from people whose opinions I respect, which is why I stuck with it for so long. I gave up two episodes before the end and never felt like I missed out.

You missed out

On 06/06/2022 at 11:42, Dante_Lockhart said:

Boba is bantha poodoo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He was banging all the chicks before Ben came along.

I bet Camie Loneozner was the prime target

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

You missed out

There were 8 episodes. After enduring the first 6 which were dull as ****, with nothing to care about in any of the characters, does it all come together in the last 2 episodes? Is the Mandalorian character suddenly interesting? Are the scripts suddenly better than those written by me aged 13? Are the plots suddenly better than Barbara Cartland? Is the cinematography suddenly better than Crossroads? 

If not, I'll pass thanks. 

Â