Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

The whole Galaxy is going to shit and Yoda's just chilling in a swamp because he's mildly embarrassed.

Little prick was CEO of the largest child trafficking network in the Universe and does ZERO jail time . Instead this green nonce gets 20 years in Florida and is allowed to change his appearance from CGI to  Jim Henson puppet at the taxpayers expense.     

I'd love to see a list of all the people who flew on Yoda's private star ship too. 

Had his own overnight room at Stoke Mandervillle as well

• Like 1

Is Obi-Wan worth it? I sort of got tired of SW, then I played the new Lego game and it’s given me a bit of joy. OWK is my favourite SW character - and EM is one of my favourite actors.

Should I watch?

I haven’t even watched the Mandalorian. 

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

Is Obi-Wan worth it? I sort of got tired of SW, then I played the new Lego game and it’s given me a bit of joy. OWK is my favourite SW character - and EM is one of my favourite actors.

Should I watch?

Ok in parts but overall disappointing. Adds nothing really to the story as such

• Like 1

Thought the last two episodes were better with the finale as the best one. The fight choreography was OK, a couple of nice techniques to disarm and break balance when you look at it closely....too much spinning though!

Some nice reveals, hidden easter eggs.

Yes it could have even better, thought Ewan McGregor was pretty good.

The trailer for Andorran looks very good, I'm hoping it's more Rogue One 'dark' than Book of Boba 'disney schmaltz'.

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

Should I watch?

I thought it was good and well worth the watch.....people are different.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2022 at 22:26, mikeyp102 said:

It’s an easy enough watch, with bits of fun. 

I think the casting is a bit off (Lea doesn’t look 10) and they needed to age Ewan more as it’s a big jump between now and Alec in New Hope. 
Also this just feels fan fodder as it doesn’t really tie in with him being a hermit for years 

I was thinking that.  We're only 9 years behind, Obi-Wan is way too young now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Should I watch?

Mandalorian is worth your time. It's not flawless but it's a solid bit of Star Wars entertainment and is more successful than any of the rest of the Disney stuff at getting the magic of it all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rogue One is definitely the best Disney offering but I've enjoyed the Mandalorian and parts of Obi Wan and Book of Boba Fett (everyone seems to have suddenly forgotten how much they creamed themselves over episode 6 of the latter).

The sequel trilogy was an abomination, although I enjoyed the Force Awakens at the time but I'm disliking them more as time goes on and strangely softening my stance on the Prequels.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The sequel trilogy was an abomination, although I enjoyed the Force Awakens at the time but I'm disliking them more as time goes on and strangely softening my stance on the Prequels.

I find it like trying to decide which dog shit sandwich tastes the worst.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Rogue One is definitely the best Disney offering but I've enjoyed the Mandalorian and parts of Obi Wan and Book of Boba Fett (everyone seems to have suddenly forgotten how much they creamed themselves over episode 6 of the latter).

It took 5 episodes of mediocrity  to get to episode 6 though . You'd expect better than  a 1 in 6 hit rate from a company such as Disney. 

The problem with Obi-Wan as a series, same as the Solo movie, is there's no danger, risk or sense of fear. We know how these characters turn out. Same as Andor, we know how his arc ends.

What makes the Mandalorian work is that we don't know his or Grogu's paths yet.

Marvel with their series have got it right by setting them after the events of films, so the journey we go on with these characters has some mystery.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 4

Just now, stewiek2 said:

The problem with Obi-Wan as a series, same as the Solo movie, is there's no danger, risk or sense of fear. We know how these characters turn out. Same as Andor, we know how his arc ends.

What makes the Mandalorian work is that we don't know his or Grogu's paths yet.

Marvel with their series have got it right by setting them after the events of films, so the journey we go on with these characters has some mystery.

Yup , absolutely zero stakes . It also makes everything ridiculously predictable.

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It took 5 episodes of mediocrity  to get to episode 6 though . You'd expect better than  a 1 in 6 hit rate from a company such as Disney. 

I think you are very kind calling it 5 episodes of mediocrity. It was genuinely poor TV despite the universe it was set in.

• Like 1

Just now, Straggler said:

I think you are very kind calling it 5 episodes of mediocrity. It was genuinely poor TV despite the universe it was set in.

Universe ?

You mean the one sandy planet where 90% of this saga plays out ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

So far Rogue One is the only new thing I've enjoyed. 

I watched Rogue 1, and the first two of the new trilogy. Rogue One was enjoyable enough, the other two were terrible.

The whole thing (Disney in general) it's abundantly clear is to pump out as much "content" as they can, with new cheaper actors and they just use the old legacy characters for bait and switch. Quality doesn't matter in the slightest. It's the Netflix model, churn out lots and lots of content and surely one or two of the things you've pumped out with be a hit. 

They're all copying the model, HBO now making GoT into a franchise with a million shows. It's all to justify monthly streaming subscriptions. This whole business model will collapse once the next recession hits because the easiest thing in the world to do when you need to cut your expenditure is bin off Disney+ and Netflix. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â