Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't personally

I want rogue one and star wars old Republic game trailers, they're still the best thing they've done in nearly 40 years 

Don't mind tie ins and winks and nods but the setting is so big they can be braver than obi wan and boba fett 

I love Rogue One but I do wonder how fondly I’d remember it without the last 5 minutes.

• Like 4

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I love Rogue One but I do wonder how fondly I’d remember it without the last 5 minutes.

Jinn Erso was quite annoying to be fair but luckily overshadowed by better characters in Krennic, Baze Malbus & Chirut Imwi and the droid, K2S0

I loved Rogue One as a stand-alone but very much part of the canon, traditional ‘war’ movie 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah Rogue One was amazing, but Donnie Yen aside, the best part was Vader being badass, and trying not to cry when you realised the last scene with Leia was set right before New Hope. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

space horses... That’s a kids TV show

See, now I'm just disappointed TROS didn't have a BraveStarr tie-in.

Very much enjoyed the first episode, but by this point I've gone so full-Filoni fanboy that I've most likely lost all objectivity.

And Ming-Na hasn't aged since Street Fighter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

See, now I'm just disappointed TROS didn't have a BraveStarr tie-in.

Very much enjoyed the first episode, but by this point I've gone so full-Filoni fanboy that I've most likely lost all objectivity.

You would not believe how much googling I required to understand your post 🤣

In order, it was: “TROS”, “BraveStarr”, “Filoni”, “Ming-Na”, “Ming-Na Streetfighter”, “Why was Kylie Minogue  in Streetfighter?”

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Haha 1

Watched the first episode of Book of Boba Fett. 

It's alright. Nothing amazing, but first episode and getting the elephant in the room out of the way, it's decent enough. Hopefully this series can leave it's references to the usual Star Wars stuff to it being set on Tattooine. If the Force or a bloody lightsaber turns up they've **** up.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2021 at 16:52, GarethRDR said:

I read this and thought, no way could she have been in Street Fighter.  Googled her and she’s 58!  What the actual hell?  I think she might be the youngest looking person for their age in human history.

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I read this and thought, no way could she have been in Street Fighter.  Googled her and she’s 58!  What the actual hell?  I think she might be the youngest looking person for their age in human history.

For you, the day you found out Ming-Na was in Street Fighter was the most important day of your life...

Street Fighter Bison GIF - Street Fighter Bison Chun Li - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think she might be the youngest looking person for their age in human history.

Christie Brinkley reigns supreme (60 in that photo)

185555658.jpg

Wonder what happens if one peels the layers a bit

• Like 1

Second episode of Book of Boba Fett was decent again. There's nothing earth shattering about the show, but it's done well enough. Biggest issues for me so far are some of the creature makeup shows the actors eyes too well which makes them too clearly guys on costumes, and Temuera Morrison's rage face being more reminiscent of an angry drunk.

Spoiler

The lack of charisma on show is shocking. Temuera Morrison was an absolute bad ass in his prime, but he is long past his prime now.  His action scenes don't pass any sort of credibility test.  He is not stronger, he is not faster, he is not smarter, he is not technologically superior, yet we are supposed to see him as a fearsome warrior.  I just don't see it.  FFS the assassins sent to kill him got tooled up with "future shields" and cattle prods.  Not even cattle prods really, more cat prods, as they seemed to do next to nothing unless you can get three or 4 working simultaneously for extended periods of time.  They would have been better off taping a bread knife to the end of a broom handle.  Don't even get me started on the parkour.

So far it is fat old man with stick inexplicably wins fights in a universe where floating rocket trains, laser guns and force fields exist.  The script is wooden AF, the lack of humour stark, logic for the in world decision making is wonky as all hell.  The lack of jeopardy is unreal, the biggest threat so far I think is being thirsty.

The Mandalorian had delivered more charisma and more interest whilst barely saying anything and keeping his helmet on in a single scene than has been delivered in the 2 episodes I have seen so far of Boba Fett.  I will watch the 3rd today, but it will require a massive jump in quality to get me beyond that.

Maybe it's just me, but I've found Boba Fett an absolute snooze fest so far.  Stuck the reasoning in a spoiler warning as there are a couple of plot points in there.

Edited by Straggler
spoilers

I think it (Boba Fett) has been OK so far but nowhere near the quality of Mandolorian (yet).

It's not been bad, but hopefully it'll ramp up a bit the next few eps (only watched 1 and 2).

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I think it (Boba Fett) has been OK so far but nowhere near the quality of Mandolorian (yet).

It's not been bad, but hopefully it'll ramp up a bit the next few eps (only watched 1 and 2).

I do wonder if.....

In A New Hope, the early Tuskans/Luke/OWK scenes were softish, the fight scenes, Tuskan incompetence etc .... Maybe TBOBF is being faithful to that small part of the universe and that as you say it develops into something else on a higher level. 

The BF and Fennec we see in the Mando are much better then this.

Â