Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

And enjoyed this week's episode. It is a bit fan service-y, but it's done better than Star Wars has done in the past and it's doing potentially interesting things with it. 

Lent a bit heavily on the Western tropes though. I get that that scene is an important one in the wider canon but it's very odd to have a true black hat in the Star Wars world.

Two words... Dave Filoni

42 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

You're all wrong. If you couldn't get excited by episode 6, then Star Wars isn't for you. 

I think my problems are more with the showrunner, I think it's good star wars buts it's not necessarily good tv, same with the mandalorian, they do lazy stuff and weird decisions

The last 2 episodes of "boba fett" are exactly that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

You're all wrong. If you couldn't get excited by episode 6, then Star Wars isn't for you. 

Dunno about that. I've been a Star Wars fan since the 70's and I found episode 6 to be a mixed bag. Everything good was on Tatooine, but the Luke/Grogu stuff was slow and a bit boring. Luke's deep fake effect was amazing and all of the special effects are next level genius. But, we shouldn't be watching the show just to marvel at effects and the Fett story needs to move on and it hasn't in 2 episodes. The last episode now needs to be an absolute banger to make the series worthwhile. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Just give it all the Favreau.  Star Wars is his, hand him everything and let him do whatever he wants with it.

If only he’d had the sequel trilogy.

And Dave Filoni. 

• Like 2

Episode 5 I enjoyed.  It was the first episode I did enjoy.  I only watched it because I was told it was basically an episode of the Mandalorian, which it was.  It had interesting characters, layers of plot combined with mythos and legend, a gentle sprinkle of humour and it straight up looked better.  I mean, it looked way, way better, like it had double the budget of the episodes that came before combined. 

Episode 6 was pretty boring IMO. A little fetch quest side mission that did nothing to develop plot or character.  Not offensively bad or anything, but it's clearly trying to set up a Magnificent 7 in space ending, and I don't think I'm on board for it.  At the moment it is not so much the magnificent 7, it's more, the Mandalorian and the uninspiring 6.  If we have to do a western movie trope, I'd rather Mando played Shane and we end with him riding off into the sunset.  The biggest problem is still that I don't give one single shit for Boba or any of his crew (I suppose Shand isn't awful, but she is the only one).  Every time we cut to the titular character I'm disappointed, which I can't imagine is the goal of the writers.

Unrelated to plot etc, I thought the CGI Luke was pretty amazing.

It's been a western in space since 1977 .  Anybody thinking the "western"  theme seems out  of place  needs to jump off a cliff.

The Vespa mod shit ? Now that  is out of place but the cowboy stuff IS bang on.

I have not seen any cartoons but I'm a 41 year old man who grew up on the OT and had all the toys so the last 2 episodes are the best Start Wars "stuff " since 1983 IMO.

FWIW Sam Jackson would star in Eastenders if there was money in it so I think Mace Windu's return is inevitable.

I’ve enjoyed the last couple of episodes, it feels like Star Wars to me hence I’m disappointed the episodes are so short because the stop start of tv episodes is frustrating but I’m enjoying the content.

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Sam Jackson would star in Eastenders if there was money in it so I think Mace Windu's return is inevitable.

I can see it now...

Always Two There Are Star Wars Meme | Pirates & Princesses

Phil and Grant Mitchell - Yat Yat Full Version on Make a GIF

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete3206 said:

10/10 for the Boba Fett finale. For me, anyway.

It was a lot of fun. 

Spoiler

Disappointed to see Cad Bane killed off. Could have done a lot more with the character in the live action shows. 

Other than that, Boba Fett riding the Rancor was amazing. 

I see Kenobi has an official airing date in May 2022... 

Will be home interesting to see what they do with this, as there's a fair bit off his story told within Rebels 

Spoiler

Particularly involving Darth Maul! 

I also wonder about existing character cameos and half expect to see the wookie from Boba Fett popping up! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Great finale!!!

Reveal hidden contents

I take it it was Marshall Vath in the bacta tank post credits? Kinda makes sense. 

Yes, decent although some of the fight choreography made me cringe a bit. Mando, Luke, Grogu and Cad Bane have been the highlight of the series though for me and I'd rather they just blend it in with The Mandolorian going forward. Oh and the Mods, nah.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes, decent although some of the fight choreography made me cringe a bit. Mando, Luke, Grogu and Cad Bane have been the highlight of the series though for me and I'd rather they just blend it in with The Mandolorian going forward. Oh and the Mods, nah.

Have to agree about the mods.. Total swing and a miss, maybe more so over here in the UK than the US? Just seemed so out of context and forced. 

• Like 1

Â