Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

That was less than the sum of its parts. Action not great, lots of time filling shooting while we wait for the get out to happen. Fun but kinda... Meh?

Space mods are also the worst thing in all of Star Wars except Darth Binks.

48 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Have to agree about the mods.. Total swing and a miss, maybe more so over here in the UK than the US? Just seemed so out of context and forced. 

Just a weird choice altogether, even the metallic colours of the scrots (not sure anyone that didn't grow up in Kingswinford will know what a scrot is) stood out, even is they blended in with the surroundings would have helped a tad, doubtful though, just an odd choice from the creators.

• Like 3

The big action scenes weren't that great... They were very star warsy though, void of logic and an ability to shoot 

Cad Bane deserved more, without watching the cartoons I didn't know anything about him, definitely wanted to see more, could have been a big bad moving forward 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Still doing some of my favourite star wars stuff even if I've got no intention of playing the game 

Look no actual literal incongruous cowboys and no actual stupid incongruous mods. 

Spoiler

The Jedi being a bit cold does seem to backfire on them quite a lot though. I mean, Luke was rude in the Mandalorian and in Boba Fett. And Grogu left his training. Because, with Luke, what kind of dick doesn't have a conversation at least before taking Grogu away from the people who just rescued him and what kind of dick leaves Grogu to cross the galaxy alone with R2D2 just because Grogu wanted to help out Mandalorian. Half the galaxy were trying to kill Grogu about a month earlier, and he ends up arriving, being looked after some random who then drives him into a war...a lame, crap war, but a war nonetheless. And all of that because Luke gave Grogu a really bitchy choice between a lighsabre and armour made for him by his hero/best friend/nanny. 

I wrote a lot there but I think my main point is Boba Fett, and the end of season 2 of The Mandalorian, were really shit imo. And the game looks good. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

General reviews of Book of Boba Fett remind me of the Lucas Digne thread.

At least half of their outings seem to have received universal praise but they're still shit.

I haven't seen that much praise for it if I'm honest, there's more a few reviewers who can't get past the name of show and what the show actually entailed but I thought the main "criticism" was that it didn't need to exist they could have just absorbed most of it in to the mandalorian 3

I thought it was the same as the mandalorian, solid 6 or 7 /10 every week with some great star wars stuff in there and some boring stuff in there and a rotating get the band back together cast every 2 episodes format that I don't enjoy (I know about the woman whatever her name is but where was Carl Weathers?!) 

Got a RT rating of 73% and I'd say that's about right 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

General reviews of Book of Boba Fett remind me of the Lucas Digne thread.

At least half of their outings seem to have received universal praise but they're still shit.

I know one guy who is obsessed with Star Wars—he had excuses for all the Disney Star Wars films, and he loves the prequels, but Boba Fett was too much for him. He says it's rubbish. I know that's just one little anecdote, but I don't think time is going to look too kindly on The Book (why is it called this) of Boba Fett.

I genuinely think it's abysmal. All the creative decisions on it are half-baked at best. It became a bit of a hate watch for me. It's telling that, imo, The Mandalorian became bad for me the exact moment Boba Fett showed up in that too.

So I've just re-watched the prequels with my son as we go through the whole cinema Star Wars journey. Now I had forgotten how bad they really are, they're bad, really bad. The acting, script, the dodgy CGI and story lines are awful. I can't find any redeeming features in any of them. I was quite happy seeing Hayden Christeinsen being burnt alive at the end of Episode 3 if it meant not having to hear him deliver anymore lines of dialogue. 

Book of Bobba Fett is a masterpiece compared to those 3 turgid films.

8 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

So I've just re-watched the prequels with my son as we go through the whole cinema Star Wars journey. Now I had forgotten how bad they really are, they're bad, really bad. The acting, script, the dodgy CGI and story lines are awful. I can't find any redeeming features in any of them. I was quite happy seeing Hayden Christeinsen being burnt alive at the end of Episode 3 if it meant not having to hear him deliver anymore lines of dialogue. 

Book of Bobba Fett is a masterpiece compared to those 3 turgid films.

I am still genuinely baffled that he actually came out as the number 1 choice from any kind of casting process.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I am still genuinely baffled that he actually came out as the number 1 choice from any kind of casting process.

I was thinking while watching them that was this was the best take for every scene, that Lucas was happy with the way the dialogue was being delivered and no acting coaches were drafted in. Its baffling as you say. The casting director should never work in the industry again.

6 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I was thinking while watching them that was this was the best take for every scene, that Lucas was happy with the way the dialogue was being delivered and no acting coaches were drafted in. Its baffling as you say. The casting director should never work in the industry again.

It's not that he (Christensen) can't act either.

He was very good in Shattered Glass but yeah, he was turgid in the SW movies.

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

It's not that he (Christensen) can't act either.

He was very good in Shattered Glass but yeah, he was turgid in the SW movies.

Shattered glass is a decent film, you wouldn't think its the same actor.

• Like 1

Natalie Portman in the prequels is like a world class footballer joining man utd

Give it a week and they won't give a **** either and start performing as bad as the rest of them 

You can say what you like about christensen but you have a proven top quality actress also doing that along side him... Something was wrong there, the script is obviously utter garbage 

But the prequels are also a bit like boba fett, largely uninteresting verging on poor and then bang something really brilliantly star warsy slaps you in the face, darth maul and duel of fates is a top 5 star wars all time moment for me and I'm not sure anything from the mandalorian / BF can boast that (although I'm guessing for a few the end of mandalorian season 2 will be in that list) 

Insert just when I thought I was out gif 

• Like 1

Â