Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Enjoyable episode but…

Hide contents

Theres is absolutely no way in hell Vader would have let Reva live, very frustrating

I agree. 

I though it was a great episode - your spoiler point didn’t rile me too much. 

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I agree. 

I though it was a great episode - your spoiler point didn’t rile me too much. 

It’s not an issue with Reva, just have her escape or something.  Vader letting her live was pure Bond villain.  

He’s meant to be ruthless in his pursuit and wiping out of force wielders/Jedi.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Hide contents

It’s not an issue with Reva, just have her escape or something.  Vader letting her live was pure Bond villain.  

He’s meant to be ruthless in his pursuit and wiping out of force wielders/Jedi.

I get your point 

Spoiler

Especially after they had the bad ass Vader force pulling a ship from the sky and ripping it open! 

Not surprised to see the Grand Inquisitor back - especially with his involvement in Rebels. 

Hoping the finale next week goes up another notch! 

• Like 1

I thought it was a good episode, agree with the spoiler, thought the hits actually landed for maybe the first time so far 

They nailed the stormtroopers aim 

Edit - on the spoiler 

Spoiler

I think it can be taken as arrogance, like he knows that she can't land a glove on him so he's not worried about her, the fight was toying with her, if he wanted her dead he'd have done 10 times over during that fight 

It didn't quite fit with the flashback, if that's what they wanted to portray they didn't achieve it, that wasn't arrogance that was needy 

Edited by villa4europe

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I thought it was a good episode, agree with the spoiler, thought the hits actually landed for maybe the first time so far 

They nailed the stormtroopers aim 

Edit - on the spoiler 

Hide contents

I think it can be taken as arrogance, like he knows that she can't land a glove on him so he's not worried about her, the fight was toying with her, if he wanted her dead he'd have done 10 times over during that fight 

It didn't quite fit with the flashback, if that's what they wanted to portray they didn't achieve it, that wasn't arrogance that was needy 

Spoiler

I thought the prequal-era fight was supposed to show that in the years since becoming Vader he’d adopted a more patient method of fighting. He doesn’t need to prove that he can beat her. As you rightly point out, he can easily if he needs to.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:
  Hide contents

I thought the prequal-era fight was supposed to show that in the years since becoming Vader he’d adopted a more patient method of fighting. He doesn’t need to prove that he can beat her. As you rightly point out, he can easily if he needs to.

Spoiler

I thought the flashback fight was to shoe-horn Haydn Christiansen into the show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I thought the flashback fight was to shoe-horn Haydn Christiansen into the show.

Spoiler

Did you think the de-aging technology was a bit terrible for Hayden Christensen, or was that just me?

It’s weird because it seemed like they’d nearly perfected the technology with Marvel - Samuel L, Kurt Russell and Michael Douglas

37 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:
  Hide contents

Maybe but I liked it, I thought the choreography and pacing of it was good, something star wars rarely gets right, might have to see if someone edits the whole thing together on YouTube 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, desensitized43 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did you think the de-aging technology was a bit terrible for Hayden Christensen, or was that just me?

It’s weird because it seemed like they’d nearly perfected the technology with Marvel - Samuel L, Kurt Russell and Michael Douglas

I think he just looked fat

Edited by TheAuthority

On 08/06/2022 at 21:27, stewiek2 said:

Wasn't that impressed by the latest episode. Felt lacking in suspense and obviously lots of sound stage filming.

I did see an Interesting comment regards th

Reveal hidden contents

Part 1: childhood fun, traps to catch Jedi, people in need pleading help (The Phantom Menace)

Part 2: Detective Kenobi, protect the Princess, misdirects (Attack of the Clones)

Part 3: Jedi escaping, Empire wins, Vader v Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)

Part 4:  Rescue the Princess, infiltration, escape and get tracked, more hopeful, recruiting rebels (A New Hope)

e series so far on Youtube-

The formula seems to be holding. That was the Empire Strikes Back episode (just besieging a desert planet instead of snow). I wonder how ‘Return of the Jedi’ plays out?

It’s an easy enough watch, with bits of fun. 

I think the casting is a bit off (Lea doesn’t look 10) and they needed to age Ewan more as it’s a big jump between now and Alec in New Hope. 
Also this just feels fan fodder as it doesn’t really tie in with him being a hermit for years 

Enjoyed the final episode of Kenobi and on the whole a solid series regardless of a couple of flaws. 

Spoiler

Brilliant duel between Obi-Wan and Vader but was expecting a ‘high ground’ remark when Obi-Wan was sunk into the ground!

Didnt mind the conclusion to the Reva storyline either - she was always going to do the right thing! 

So, it’s Andor next and fingers crossed it’s another good one! 

• Like 1

Yeah it had the reason to watch despite it being a poor show overall I thought, bit like the mandalorian 

Spoiler

Not much about them I thought the inquisitors were poor, poorly written and a bit boring if I'm honest, at the moment to me they just seem like a way of getting round the can only be 2 sith thing

Reva was a rubbish character who did nothing for me, wasn't always convinced by the actress either 

The tip toeing of the line took the piss at times, this did come close to going too far, especially with Reva chasing after luke

Now I know where leia got her holster from, bugged me for 30 years that - not sure why star wars do that shit, no one cares 

I'm pretty sure for as cool as that fight was if someone on YouTube broke it down I'm not sure how good it actually was, lots of spinning for no reason in a classic star wars fashion

Overall it had the problem that it didn't convince me it needs to exist but I went in to it with that problem and was maybe blinkered by it, its such a huge galaxy they waste it, that said vader should have gotten his own TV show rather than obi wan, this show should have been about the purge and focused on vader the inquisitors and the path leaving obi wan and Luke / Leia out of it, go ashoka or quinlan vos instead, season 2 will have no reason to exist either 

They also need to use the old music, they know what they're doing when they bring it back in specific moments and it works 

Said before marvels balls are too big and star wars aren't big enough 

• Like 1

It was easily the best of bad bunch but still needless in the grand scheme of things .  The Mandalorian ain't perfect but at least it's good fun and never had so many stinkers in a row like Fett and Obi Wan.   This is unforgivable  from a such a wealthy company  . WhenI was growing up Disney was a gold standard in the industry and now they're pumping out  so much garbage it's mind boggling.

Rey Palpatine still ends up undoing the entire Skywalker family arc though so there is always the lingering feeling that no matter how pretty that fight was it still  leads to Rian Johnson shitting all over Mark Hamill.   I just can't forget this nonsense  ends with the most optimistic Jedi in the Universe attempting to kill his nephew for no reason. All the Grogu's  in the world won't change that.

FWIW the de-ageing tech they used on Hamill to play 10 year old Luke was incredible.

5 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I'm convinced I could've wrote a better storyline than that. 

Hayden Chrstiansen is just so pointless. 

Hayeden Christiansens 3 lines seems like the entire point 

And I'm not sure how I feel about that

Still I'm sure I can buy a lola toy for £50 and lego got some new sets

The whole Galaxy is going to shit and Yoda's just chilling in a swamp because he's mildly embarrassed.

Little prick was CEO of the largest child trafficking network in the Universe and does ZERO jail time . Instead this green nonce gets 20 years in Florida and is allowed to change his appearance from CGI to  Jim Henson puppet at the taxpayers expense.     

I'd love to see a list of all the people who flew on Yoda's private star ship too. 

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â