Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Episode 5 👍

Hide contents

Best episode of The Mandalorian, sorry I mean Book of Boba Fett of the series.

Yeah I had to recheck the title what I was watching after a few minutes 😂 Really good episode.

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Episode 5 👍

Hide contents

Best episode of The Mandalorian, sorry I mean Book of Boba Fett of the series.

Are we going to get to see Grogu next week? We're going to Grogu next week, aren't we? Eek! 

Enjoyed that. No excuse now, keep it up to this level and it will be good. Can't wait for the next episode now and I was thinking of binning it 2 episodes ago. Looking forward to seeing the character in your hidden contents🤞

Are spoiler tags necessary?  You’d have to be a bit of a drip to come into the Star Wars thread if you didn’t want just aired episode of a Star Wars show spoiling.  

Anyway, two good episodes on the spin now 👍

10 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Episode 6 - 10/10! 🤯

Hide contents

The scenes with Luke and Grogu training, just wonderful. 

Spoiler

How good was the Luke CGI?! Definitely testing the tech for a future Luke series. Rumours of Han and Q'ira. We got Order66, 501st Clone Troopers, Cad Bane!!! Luke with Ahsoka.

This was pure Star Wars.

F**K YOU JJ ABRAMS. F**K YOU RIAN JOHNSON.

All hail Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How good was the Luke CGI?! Definitely testing the tech for a future Luke series. Rumours of Han and Q'ira. We got Order66, 501st Clone Troopers, Cad Bane!!! Luke with Ahsoka.

This was pure Star Wars.

F**K YOU JJ ABRAMS. F**K YOU RIAN JOHNSON.

All hail Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni

Quite. 

• Like 1

Just caught up with last week's episode, which was good (if basically just a 'get up to speed' with a character...). I am slightly at a loss as to why a bounty hunter, who by the nature of his profession effectively needs a van, and used to have a van, is going to switch to having the equivalent of a single seat hot rod with no boot.

• Like 1

It's still a bit weird though isn't it? 

Spoiler

It's not boba fett! 

That episode made the next one must watch for me but at the same time its been the epitome of the good and bad of the mandalorian 

Spoiler

The throw backs to classic star wars characters... The throw backs to the characters who come and go every other 3 episodes, if they could then they would have shoe horned in cara dune in somehow by now

I still don't like that format 

And enjoyed this week's episode. It is a bit fan service-y, but it's done better than Star Wars has done in the past and it's doing potentially interesting things with it. 

Lent a bit heavily on the Western tropes though. I get that that scene is an important one in the wider canon but it's very odd to have a true black hat in the Star Wars world.

Personally, I can't say I am a huge fan of The Book Of Boba Fett. It's lacking focus, has turned into a completely different show, and I'm not sure about the "fan service" stuff yet either. I hated that stuff in The Force Awakens and I'm not convinced it's much better here.

Nostalgia ... Meh.

It also seems to be very much a Dune/Firefly hybrid as well. Which isn't a bad thing in theory...

Â