Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

1 hour ago, Straggler said:
  Hide contents

The lack of charisma on show is shocking. Temuera Morrison was an absolute bad ass in his prime, but he is long past his prime now.  His action scenes don't pass any sort of credibility test.  He is not stronger, he is not faster, he is not smarter, he is not technologically superior, yet we are supposed to see him as a fearsome warrior.  I just don't see it.  FFS the assassins sent to kill him got tooled up with "future shields" and cattle prods.  Not even cattle prods really, more cat prods, as they seemed to do next to nothing unless you can get three or 4 working simultaneously for extended periods of time.  They would have been better off taping a bread knife to the end of a broom handle.  Don't even get me started on the parkour.

So far it is fat old man with stick inexplicably wins fights in a universe where floating rocket trains, laser guns and force fields exist.  The script is wooden AF, the lack of humour stark, logic for the in world decision making is wonky as all hell.  The lack of jeopardy is unreal, the biggest threat so far I think is being thirsty.

The Mandalorian had delivered more charisma and more interest whilst barely saying anything and keeping his helmet on in a single scene than has been delivered in the 2 episodes I have seen so far of Boba Fett.  I will watch the 3rd today, but it will require a massive jump in quality to get me beyond that.

Maybe it's just me, but I've found Boba Fett an absolute snooze fest so far.  Stuck the reasoning in a spoiler warning as there are a couple of plot points in there.

ive not watched the 3rd episode yet but completely agree, said after episode one they should stick his helmet on more and stunt double and they haven't

the tuskan raider stuff was more interesting than him

but then at the same time i think they've gone down the route of over familiarity, of course they were probably always going to drag a hutt in to it but then they've got a wookie!!!!!!! and it didn't work for me, they'll probably chuck an R2 model in at some point too hoping this is the reaction

See the source image

• Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 13:08, villa4europe said:

ive not watched the 3rd episode yet but completely agree, said after episode one they should stick his helmet on more and stunt double and they haven't

the tuskan raider stuff was more interesting than him

but then at the same time i think they've gone down the route of over familiarity, of course they were probably always going to drag a hutt in to it but then they've got a wookie!!!!!!! and it didn't work for me, they'll probably chuck an R2 model in at some point too hoping this is the reaction

See the source image

And there he was (as well as others) during the rougher than a badgers ass chase scene 

Its watchable but I wouldn't say its good 

That episode of BoBF was er... weak.

Space mods. Nope. Nope nope nope.

Appallingly bad chase scene that went at arthritic tortoise pace with bizarre frame rate problems.

And the fight scene didn't work because of how clearly it was a bloke in a suit.

Rough.

• Like 2

He got given a fearsome Wookie for free and let it go?

He needs an army of hench people to fight the worst gangsters in the galaxy and plumps for a load of weedy looking teenagers?

Goes to confront the mayor and lets his assistant escapes like Jerry Lundegaard in Fargo?

Speeder chase reaching the speeds of mobility scooters?

Rancors are pets now?

Improvement needed Lucasfilm!! This was Galactica 1980 standard!

Edited by Pete3206
added text

5 minutes ago, Pete3206 said:

That scene offended me and I consider myself a fan boy. What on earth were they thinking? Didn't anyone in the editing room put their hand up and say "this is a bit crap guys"

11 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

That scene offended me and I consider myself a fan boy. What on earth were they thinking? Didn't anyone in the editing room put their hand up and say "this is a bit crap guys"

Was it as bad as Count Dooku's mobility scooter?

Count Dooku Star Wars GIF - Count Dooku Star Wars Attack Of The Clones -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete3206 said:

He got given a fearsome Wookie for free and let it go?

He needs an army of hench people to fight the worst gangsters in the galaxy and plumps for a load of weedy looking teenagers?

Goes to confront the mayor and lets his assistant escapes like Jerry Lundegaard in Fargo?

Rancors are pets now?

Improvement needed Lucasfilm!! This was Galactica 1980 standard!

So true, it's more like cosplay homemade fan fiction on film.  If I was told they were filming without a script, I'd believe them.

And did you see the Wookie run away? We pissed ourselves laughing at how stupid it looked.

It's not just bad Star Wars now, it is just plain old bad TV.

Episode 4 was definitely better than the complete shit show of last week. It's still... I dunno. There's not really that much happening episode to episode somehow. And it has choices and style I don't jive with - the space mod stuff just does not work for me, feels like something from a different universe. And as much as I'll applaud using practical effects, they don't look right here. The eyes are too human in to many cases, making them clearly guys in suits.

But it's alright.

• Like 1

I think I'm only watching it cos I'm working from home, it's got existence problems for me, as in why does it exist? It's increasingly not going anywhere or doing anything of any real interest, the best thing about it was the sand people 

Spoiler

Is the warrior who fought him dead? The one who wore more black, I thought they showed the chief but not her (looked like a her) 

I'm expecting her to show up near the end and be a badass 

Really good episode, liked him going back and settling a score and how they wrapped up the flashback sequences.

Max Rebo racking up the appearances too.

Surely this means...

Mando is coming into it, alluded by the theme tune playing after Fennec saying “money can buy muscle”

• Like 2

Episode 5 👍

Spoiler

Best episode of The Mandalorian, sorry I mean Book of Boba Fett of the series.

Are we going to get to see Grogu next week? We're going to Grogu next week, aren't we? Eek! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Episode 5 👍

Hide contents

Best episode of The Mandalorian, sorry I mean Book of Boba Fett of the series.

Are we going to get to see Grogu next week? We're going to Grogu next week, aren't we? Eek! 

Yep - corking episode! 

Â