Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

There seems to be more in this than the usual load of hot air. The journos have been pretty sure that we're in for him, without adding the usual guff that "West Ham, Newcastle and Palace are also monitoring the situation".

• Like 3

deflated_balloon.jpg

You've let yourself down there, mate.

it took me a while to realise it was a balloon. Wondered why somebody had left a litte red bag on a wall, also thought it could be a posh dog shit bag

Edited by Morkery

A lot of bad blood between those nations, I wouldn't read into it too much as dodgy as it may seem on the surface.

My thoughts exactly (as a Chinese person, no less)

Hi guys... I'm a huge fan of Ki! I have followed his entire career and know absolutely everything about him! I have been on the last coupe of years the Planetswans and Readytogo Sunderland forums and look forward to chatting to you guys.

This would be an amazing move for Ki! He had a good world cup and the chance to work with TWO former Champions League winners who played in his position is an amazing chance I can see he will take up!

I also think going to Aston Villa would be amazing as they are a former Champions League winner with an amazing stadium and some amazing players like Benteke.

For Aston Villa they get for a small fee a player with 50 caps, two appearances in World Cup finals (2010/2014), an Olympic bronze medal, Premiership experience... The list goes on!

What kind of player is Ki?

He is a very flexiable player. He can play as a DM and dictate play or he can play higher on the pitch and try to create. His main strenghts are his composure, his passing and his long range shooting. Where most players need to move the ball from A to B to C Ki has a range of passing which goes straight from A to C!

Wingers love playing with him. An example is when Ki was on form for Sunderland last year Adam Johnson went through a spell where he played the best of his career as Ki was getting him on the ball quickly and in space with great long accurate passes. Any wingers at Aston Villa or attackers who run into space will thrive in the same team.

Ki though is not the perfect player. Having followed him closely I also know his weaknesses. I would say his weaknesses are the fact he doesn't bring his personality to his club teams. He is a leader in the Korean national team but sometimes when you watch him in the Premier League he seems happy to just do his job rather than lead the team which he is capable of. I hope Roy Keane's influence can bring this out of Ki.

He is also not very defensively aware. He struggles to pick up runners itnto the box when playing Defensive Midfield. It's not lazyness it's a lack of awareness on defence. He is improving here.

The only other area I am saying this isn't a 100% signing is because he will be missing from the team for January this season as he will be playing in the Asian Cup.

If you guys have any questions please ask and I'll be happy to help. I look forward to visiting Villa Park!

Thank you for the detailed report. Ki is a player that I have long admired. Let's hope that he joins and brings your enthusiastic support along with him!

Life long Villa fan (father & family born and bred in Aston) now living in Swansea.Have seen Ki play on many occasions for the Swans,don't be disappointed when he turns out to be a light heavyweight boxing in the heavyweight division,that's the best way I can put it.