Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

Please, I'd be over the moon with this. Guaranteed revenue stream too.

Yeah right, I'm sure Swansea are just making money hand over fist in Korea right now. 

yup it's a common and quite frankly patronising misconception. Also very rude when idiots like big Sam say it's pretty much the reason for signing Nakata while he was sitting at his press conference.. As someone who is very much into Japanese culture including football, this perception of asians only being good for shirt sales is nonsense. Due to a large number of asians in Europe it's  much less of a case now, very different when there was only a couple. Germany has really tapped into the Japanese market and there is some very good talent there, I'd like Villa to do the same.....anyway, Ki is a cracking player but a racist clearing in the woods. Been in trouble a few times for comments made towards the japanese.

Edited by ForfarVillan

i live and work in Shanghai (i am a brummie) and sometime on a sunday go and watch parks football and i can say some of the talent is amazing , technically so skilful but a little lightweight when against stronger opponents.

i think they are suited better to premiership where normally you do get  bit of time on the ball.

the championship would be difficult for them.

the asians love the game and i think we certainly need to tap this market as forfar villian said germany has already done this and some of the talent they have is fantastic.

i believe in next 20 years we will have a finalist or winner of the world cup from Asia.

Please, I'd be over the moon with this. Guaranteed revenue stream too.

Yeah right, I'm sure Swansea are just making money hand over fist in Korea right now. 

yup it's a common and quite frankly patronising misconception. Also very rude when idiots like big Sam say it's pretty much the reason for signing Nakata while he was sitting at his press conference.. As someone who is very much into Japanese culture including football, this perception of asians only being good for shirt sales is nonsense. Due to a large number of asians in Europe it's  much less of a case now, very different when there was only a couple. Germany has really tapped into the Japanese market and there is some very good talent there, I'd like Villa to do the same.....anyway, Ki is a cracking player but a racist clearing in the woods. Been in trouble a few times for comments made towards the japanese.

Out of interest, what exactly did he say?

Isn't it more xenophobia than racism?

It's explained on his Wikipedia page that he made monkey gestures to the camera after scoring against them. Apparently a racial insult to Japanese people.

Confirmation?

Like others, I'd be over the sun if this happened. I rate him very highly. He is more offense than defense though, and I'd already started to think we mostly needed a DM. But hey, he's so good I'll take a step back.

I also remember from his game at VP that he doesn't dive, which gained instant respect from me.

Please, please, please...

He has a year left on his contract at the Liberty Stadium and Villa will have to pay their first transfer fee of the summer – believed to be in the region of £1.5 million – to prise him away.

Wow thats a bargain. Coming from Mat Kendrick.

Absolute steal. I really would love to see Lambert with a bit of money to spend. Benteke Vlaar Okore were his 3 million plus deals and are our best players. Ki at 1.5 million is just great business. Suprised noone is in for him at that price

• Like 1

Will be one of the most exciting signings we have made in a while.

Composed on the ball, will always show for it no matter where, and always tries to get the ball moving, a brave player in all respects.

Might not be the traditional DM I think we are crying out for but he would be fantastic.

A lot of bad blood between those nations, I wouldn't read into it too much as dodgy as it may seem on the surface.

The Koreans are still a bit bitter about hundreds of years of invasions and suppression.

• Like 3