Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

Looking on the Sunderland forum it seems they have a mixed opinion of him. Naturally I didn't watch Sunderland loads last season, but the times I did I thought Ki was generally one of their stand out players. 

Not sure if they are a bit bitter or genuine but I can't help but be excited with this move. 

This would be a fantastic signing in our current predicament if true! And from a decent source too! Fingers crossed if he joins our potential first choice 11 are actually looking quite decent

I'd be over the moon with this. He gives us something we're lacking in midfield; A good tackler who'll help to cover and a bit of creativity. Ki, Delph, Westy and Cole in a midfield diamond looks alright to me. Trying not to get my hopes up too much in case it turns out to be just newspaper rubbish, but I have my fingers crossed for this one.

While I would be very happy with this, we'll still lack a strong physical presence in midfield.

Worked for Germany tonight

We aren't Germany. We're barely capable of stringing five passes together. 

This is a strange one. We already have Westwood who is the same type of player. Money would be better spent on a physical ball-winner imo, unless Delph's gonna be leaving us.

Edited by adz.villa

He isn't the physical type of defensive-midfielder that I would've rathered but he still is a tenacious player. Presses well and covers lots of ground. On the ball, he is great technically, moves it quickly and can single-handedly dictate. His performance at Villa Park last season being a good example of this but he always impressed whenever I saw Sunderland. He was most often played as the holding midfielder in a 4-1-4-1 by Poyet but can play more box-to-box also.

Edit: As some have suggested, he could well be signed to play as in the latter role and replace Delph.

Edited by Isa

While I would be very happy with this, we'll still lack a strong physical presence in midfield.

Worked for Germany tonight

Schweinsteiger wasn't physical? I must've watched a different tournament.

• Like 2

Watched a fair amount of Sunderland last season. He was easily one of their top players. This would be an amazing signing if the money is right.

Edited by NSmith22

Why would Ki be a replacement for Delph? They're different players altogether. As stated, Ki is more Westwood esq, or KEA esq for that matter. Delph is a wildcard midfielder, a dribbler. Ki is a cool customer, hard working and a with great range of passing. 

• Like 1