Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

What gets me is that, Swansea fans don't rate him and want him gone, Sunderland fans aren't all that bothered they're not signing him, yet the majority of us are over the moon that we're making this signing. 

Is this down to the quality of the player? Or do we just need this type of player more than they do? 

Whenever I have seen him play I've always thought he was quality.

• Like 1

So the article that's started it all said he'd held talks with Lambert but he has actually been in Korea at a wedding.

So the article is made up then? Yep, nothing to see here.

Telephone?

As for the racist thing. The Japanese / Korea antipathy is well known, with the Koreans usually being on the receiving end. I would hardly blame Ki for that.

what an ignorant comment. Ah well it goes on a lot so he should be doing monekey gestures all he wants

You need to bear in mind that it doesn't carry the same connotation as a monkey chant to a black person. It's an insult, like calling the Scottish smack heads or the noses knuckle draggers. Is it racist? Maybe by our definition. Maybe. I'd call it xenophobic, but I've never really understood the differences.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

What gets me is that, Swansea fans don't rate him and want him gone, Sunderland fans aren't all that bothered they're not signing him, yet the majority of us are over the moon that we're making this signing. 

Is this down to the quality of the player? Or do we just need this type of player more than they do? 

Whenever I have seen him play I've always thought he was quality.

Who cares what Swansea and Sunderland clearing in the woods think. :)

You've seen him play well, I've seen him play well, many others too. It's meant to be.

• Like 2

Just to reiterate. This news first broke on twitter. That's right twitter.

And?

It still has a 99.99% failure rate when it come to transfers. This is hardly gunna make me start believing anything that comes from Twitter. I guess we're signing Young too? 

Throw enough shit at the wall eventually some will stick. This guy probably did have some inside knowledge, but it gets lost in all the other shit. 

Edited by PieFacE

I could be wrong but the guy who broke it on twitter also said at the time that we're getting Bendtner who has been reported to have turned down a move to Eintracht Frankurt in Germany.

And?

It still has a 99.99% failure rate when it come to transfers. This is hardly gunna make me start believing anything that comes from Twitter. I guess we're signing Young too? 

Throw enough shit at the wall eventually some will stick. This guy probably did have some inside knowledge, but it gets lost in all the other shit.

Oh I know and agree. I just wanted to focus on the shock that it came from twitter

• Like 1

South Wales Evening Post back page says that Swansea want to keep Ki

That could mean they think he'll make us significantly better, which could knock them down a position in the league. It could also mean they want more money and we'll have to wait to the nth hour to sign him.

• Like 1

And?

Oh I know and agree. I just wanted to focus on the shock that it came from twitter

I hope you haven't jinxed it by expressing shock at a twitter rumour coming true before it has actually happened.