Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

Watched him quite a few times last year playing for Blunderland and was usually their stand out midfielder. He's calm on the ball and doesn't mind receiving possession under pressure. He plays simple passes and rarely loses the ball. He was playing with Cattermole who does the donkey work but he would be a quality addition in our squad. Pops up with a couple of goals as well?

I am likely to be way off.

Looking at the facts. Lambert is interested in Kiyotake. Ki's agent has come out and said we are not in for him. Nuremburg have made Kiyotake available for 5 million euros.

Is it possible we are back in for Kiyotake rather than Ki? There was talk that an Asian player was seen at BH? Maybe someone has gotten confused along the line.

Maybe were in for neither. Who knows.

Is Lambert's interest in Kiyotake fact? If true his interest may have waned after last season.

don't be disappointed even if he will not sign with us.

i'm korean and i think he is decent player. but i don't think we need him and hes better than our Westwood.

We need a good defensive midfielder and Ki is not that. he isn't defensive minded player, and hasn't defensive ability.

he always needs very defensive minded, hardworking midfield partner because he isn't defend back four...

You're a Korean Villa fan?  Cool :thumb:

Where have you been all these years?

Not in Korea.

I did once encounter a Korean that liked Villa because he loved Richard Dunne, but generally Korean fans have tended to follow their own players and Villa have never had one, so it's cool that we have some kind of pull over there.

So do SSN 'understand' then?  That does usually signal that there is more to it than paper talk.

Edited by Wainy316

don't be disappointed even if he will not sign with us.

i'm korean and i think he is decent player. but i don't think we need him and hes better than our Westwood.

We need a good defensive midfielder and Ki is not that. he isn't defensive minded player, and hasn't defensive ability.

he always needs very defensive minded, hardworking midfield partner because he isn't defend back four...

You're a Korean Villa fan? Cool :thumb:

Where have you been all these years?

I've lurked in this forum all these years. :)

so now news outlets are picking up the story that Swansea want to keep Ki and his agents claiming we've not been in contact, with loose disclaimers stating we are interested but that interest only seems to amount to Percy the Janitor telling his mate Bernard during a fag break

Percy: You know what Bernie, Villa should sign that player who had that one good game against us last season.'

Bernard: Every player in the league has a good game against us

Percy: No that Welsh bloke? Key Young
Bernard: You mean Ki Yueng, he's not Welsh
Percy: Yeah him, he and KiteCokeYates would be great signings and get on great.

Watched him quite a few times last year playing for Blunderland and was usually their stand out midfielder. He's calm on the ball and doesn't mind receiving possession under pressure. He plays simple passes and rarely loses the ball. He was playing with Cattermole who does the donkey work but he would be a quality addition in our squad. Pops up with a couple of goals as well?

Yep, he looked a lot better than most of their midfielders.

Really hope this happens, could be just what we need.

Looking at the facts. Lambert is interested in Kiyotake. Ki's agent has come out and said we are not in for him. Nuremburg have made Kiyotake available for 5 million euros.

Is it possible we are back in for Kiyotake rather than Ki? There was talk that an Asian player was seen at BH? Maybe someone has gotten confused along the line.

Is Lambert's interest in Kiyotake fact? If true his interest may have waned after last season.

As fact as a transfer target gets. Lambert said that we looked at him and made enquiries but were priced out. If the price has halved.. we may be in with a chance since Nuremburg got relegated.

I dont think there is anything in these Ki reports.

As fact as a transfer target gets. Lambert said that we looked at him and made enquiries but were priced out. If the price has halved.. we may be in with a chance since Nuremburg got relegated.

I dont think there is anything in these Ki reports.

Nothing in it though Nursey, Kendrick and Percy all reporting our interest. I think there is interest however alot depends on what Ki wants.

I'd say we are probably interested and the comments from Jenkins are part of putting Swansea in a better bargaining position. You're going to have to pay more for a player if his club allegedly wants to keep him as opposed to wanting him the hell out (See: Bent, Hutton, Given, Ireland, Beye...)

Edited by LockStockVilla

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-chase-transfer-swanseas-3861839

Aston Villa chase transfer of Swansea's Ki Sung-Yueng as Lambert continues bargain basement shake-up
South Korea midfielder set to make cut-price move after the arrivals of Richardson, Cole and Senderos PLUS Swans' Pablo Hernandez close to exit
Getty South-Korea-v-Algeria.jpg
Villa-bound: Ki Sung-Yueng in World Cup action for South Korea

Paul Lambert is set to sign Ki Sung-Yueng and ship out Yacouba Sylla as he continues his cut-price Aston Villa shake-up.

South Korea midfielder Ki  will be Lambert’s fourth summer signing in a cheap deal from Swansea, where he has 12 months left on his deal.

The Villa boss has also signed Kieran Richardson plus Joe Cole and Philippe Senderos on Bosmans.

Club owner Randy Lerner held talks with boss Lambert last week after flying to the UK and pledged to back him with limited funds.

Now Ki is joining from Swansea - Lambert wants an experienced holding midfielder to allow Cole a free role behind the striker.

Sylla is joining Turkish club Kayseri Erciyesspor on a season-long loan, and other flops such as Antonio Luna are also set to go. But Lambert has recalled outcasts Darren Bent and Alan Hutton to train with the first team again.

Despite not selecting Hutton for a single start in his two seasons in charge, Lambert is refusing to let the Scotland defender join West Brom.

He wants him to compete with Matt Lowton for the right-back spot inn the new season.

Captain Ron Vlaar, 29, who also only has 12 months left on his current deal, is expected to take three weeks off after helping Holand to the World Cup semi-finals.

Villa intend to sit down with Vlaar and discuss his contract on his return.

* SWANSEA also look set to lose Pablo Hernandez to Qatari side Al Arabi - who are managed by former Chelsea defender Dan Petrescu.

The Spanish winger has flown to the Middle East for talks.          

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-chase-transfer-swanseas-3861839#ixzz37XApAsYq
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-chase-transfer-swanseas-3861839

Aston Villa chase transfer of Swansea's Ki Sung-Yueng as Lambert continues bargain basement shake-up
South Korea midfielder set to make cut-price move after the arrivals of Richardson, Cole and Senderos PLUS Swans' Pablo Hernandez close to exit

Getty South-Korea-v-Algeria.jpg
Villa-bound: Ki Sung-Yueng in World Cup action for South Korea

Paul Lambert is set to sign Ki Sung-Yueng and ship out Yacouba Sylla as he continues his cut-price Aston Villa shake-up.

South Korea midfielder Ki  will be Lambert’s fourth summer signing in a cheap deal from Swansea, where he has 12 months left on his deal.

The Villa boss has also signed Kieran Richardson plus Joe Cole and Philippe Senderos on Bosmans.

Club owner Randy Lerner held talks with boss Lambert last week after flying to the UK and pledged to back him with limited funds.

Now Ki is joining from Swansea - Lambert wants an experienced holding midfielder to allow Cole a free role behind the striker.

Sylla is joining Turkish club Kayseri Erciyesspor on a season-long loan, and other flops such as Antonio Luna are also set to go. But Lambert has recalled outcasts Darren Bent and Alan Hutton to train with the first team again.

Despite not selecting Hutton for a single start in his two seasons in charge, Lambert is refusing to let the Scotland defender join West Brom.

He wants him to compete with Matt Lowton for the right-back spot inn the new season.

Captain Ron Vlaar, 29, who also only has 12 months left on his current deal, is expected to take three weeks off after helping Holand to the World Cup semi-finals.

Villa intend to sit down with Vlaar and discuss his contract on his return.

* SWANSEA also look set to lose Pablo Hernandez to Qatari side Al Arabi - who are managed by former Chelsea defender Dan Petrescu.

The Spanish winger has flown to the Middle East for talks.          

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-chase-transfer-swanseas-3861839#ixzz37XApAsYq

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

yep that's old now, we've moved on from the initial Mirror guff and now the rumours have changed.

While we are on the topic of Koreans and with a couple of avid Korean fans on the thread.

What ever happened to Lee Cheung-Yong at Bolton? He obviously got injured but looks like he's played plenty of games in the last couple of years. Surprised nobody from the Prem has picked him up, I thought he looked really decent before his injury.

No idea what he has been like the last couple of years but from Wiki it looks like he was scored a few goals and got some assists. Also still making the international team as well.

Possible cheap option for us and a new Korean mafia at villa park

While we are on the topic of Koreans and with a couple of avid Korean fans on the thread.

What ever happened to Lee Cheung-Yong at Bolton? He obviously got injured but looks like he's played plenty of games in the last couple of years. Surprised nobody from the Prem has picked him up, I thought he looked really decent before his injury.

No idea what he has been like the last couple of years but from Wiki it looks like he was scored a few goals and got some assists. Also still making the international team as well.

Possible cheap option for us and a new Korean mafia at villa park

many korean football fans were disappoined about Lee's poor form. yeah he was decent winger, but now he looks just like an average championship player. korean fans think he was ruined by serious injury.

• Like 1