Kieran Richardson

Nabby

Fair play to him. He got dogs abuse on Tuesday with his every touch booed by a vocal minority after the third QPR goal but I thought today he once again gave his all and overall given the standard of the opposition, that a decent winger in Townsend was his direct responsibility, then I thought he performed OK.

Left back is clearly not his favored or best position and ideally he wouldn't be in the team and if others were fit I doubt very much he would be. I do get the impression though that he is doing his best there and really as fans we can then ask no more from him.

I don't like it when players get overly criticised for performing poorly. Being lazy, I can understand the fans getting on a players back. But Richardson has given his all since day 1 and what's he supposed to say when he's picked "Sorry boss, I don't think I'm good enough". If he plays shit, it's on the manager for picking him.

He does give his all and works hard - that's true - but he just isn't technically a good footballer at all. I agree that he shouldn't be booed but the only reason he's playing is due to injuries and that's the way it should be. 

• Like 1

I thought he had a very shakey start but seemed to really kick himself up the arse after that. Noticeably more aggressive in the tackle which to be honest was the absolute minimum I would have expected.

Thought he was aided by a really dreadful Townsend performance. Always been impressed with him for England but don't see a huge amount of 90min games of Spurs so I guess it's game like this why he gets so much hate.

He grew into the spurs game, he had a desperate first 10 mins, of QPR proportions, but then he sorted himself out. Probably needs more game time after his injury and doesn't deserve the level of OTT weirdo hate he's been getting.

Weakest link in our team today going forward, another dissapointing performance tbh

Performance is forgiven for that header off the line right at the end which stopped a goal and probably Liverpool going through instead.

I would like Cissokho to get some minutes before the final though as Richardson was abysmal at the Emirates defensively against Walcott.

Was a bag of shit aside from being on the line to head the ball away...

That, and only that, was his worthwhile contribution

Not to take it away from him, what a contribution it was...

But had he scored in from the fairly open shot that was given to him or not misplaced two dozen passes previously, he may have been appreciated a touch more

Did fine today. 

Incredible fitness levels too. Got forward to support and back to defend an awful lot. Forced their players going the wrong way which helped us pen them in their half for long periods.

His clearance off the line was incredibly important and he should be commended for that. Other than that, fairly typical performance from him - gave the ball away cheaply too often and didn't look assured at all.

• Like 2

Gets way too much hate. Played well at spurs and was fine today. People who think he was the worst player today are deluded and probably should look at Okores performance again.

Â