Kieran Richardson

Nabby

Does anybody remember Warnock's performance in the QPR home game under McLeish?'.

Wasn't that the one where he scored 1 own goal and freidel did brilliantly to deny him a hat trick?

Sure in one game he had several attempts at our own goal and ended up being booed by our fans

I think looking at Warnock emphasises  how much the game has changed in 5 years. Ashley Young is perhaps the classic example of a modern day full back.

This may part explain the reasoning behind the Richardson selection.

I think, like most Villa fans, I would say it won't work in this case.

Pity. I was excited when we signed Richardson-I've been a fan ever since his MU days.

If he had cone through Bury's youth team, he'd have spent his entire career in the lower leagues. Luckily for him, he was scouted by Man Utd aged about 10.

pure rubbish. you dont play 200 Premier League games and nearly 10 England caps because of who scouted you

and btw he originally played for West Ham before going to United ;)

If he had cone through Bury's youth team, he'd have spent his entire career in the lower leagues. Luckily for him, he was scouted by Man Utd aged about 10.

pure rubbish. you dont play 200 Premier League games and nearly 10 England caps because of who scouted you

and btw he originally played for West Ham before going to United ;)

If he had cone :lol:

He's garbage I'm afraid.

Emile Heskey has 60+ England caps and probably 400 top-flight apps. He is also garbage.

Some players get lucky.

He was extremely poor tonight but wasn't helped by the fact that he isn't a natural left back or at least not a defensive one, he was just back from injury, he came up against a winger on top of his game and there was a lack of help from any of the midfielders in terms of doubling up on Phillips.

I have to say also I doubt it will have done anything for his confidence that after QPR'S third goal every time he touched the ball he was booed. I can appreciate supporters are getting anxious and frustrated but for me Richardson was doing his best it is just that his best against Phillips tonight was nowhere near good enough.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Wasn't that the one where he scored 1 own goal and freidel did brilliantly to deny him a hat trick?

Sure in one game he had several attempts at our own goal and ended up being booed by our fans

The very same.

I actually thought he was ok going forward. Made some decent runs from really deep to support the attack although his final ball was lacking sometimes.

Defensivley he was all over the shop though. Phillips had his number.

He hasn't had a single good game for us 

He has to be fair. 

Problem is they were the first couple of games this season and he's been largely crap since

He has to be fair.

Problem is they were the first couple of games this season and he's been largely crap since

He looked poor to me, was just overlooked due to us winning games and there being no reason to search for a scapegoat.

He has to be fair. 

I've forgotten about them, but now you remind me I remeber thinking he was average, which is better than he has been.

The mindless sending off after 20 mins vs West Brom, the performance last night, and the Arsenal game where he gave the ball away in the opposing half before jogging back as they countered to score stick much more prominently in my mind. 

He has to be fair. 

he was brilliant at Anfield

Â