Kieran Richardson

Nabby

What I'm getting at is every time anyone offered injuries as a "reason" for a bad performance under Lambert (for example not being able to field the same back four for months) they were accused of using it as an excuse.

Now all of a sudden its OK. Doesn't seem fair.

Fwiw injuries are an excuse. A perfectly valid one. But it doesn't seem fair that its allowed to be an excuse for Sherwood but not for Lambert.

Edited by Stevo985

Fwiw injuries are an excuse. A perfectly valid one. But it doesn't seem fair that its allowed to be an excuse for Sherwood but not for Lambert.

I've just explained the difference. Expecting a manager to use the squad he's put together and deal with the odd injury is fair. I think its also fair to put into context a new manager working with someone else's squad.

I wouldn't use injuries to excuse a result under Sherwood but I think its reasonable to look at the context.

What I'm getting at is every time anyone offered injuries as a "reason" for a bad performance under Lambert (for example not being able to field the same back four for months) they were accused of using it as an excuse.

Now all of a sudden its OK. Doesn't seem fair.

I agree with you of course, I like to think I'm a reasonable bloke. Though I also think it is time to move on. People will obviously be more supportive of the new guy at this stage too, I think that's only natural. In Lambert's case there were a LOT of excuses and I think people tired of them pretty quickly, much quicker than I did.

So yeah, Lambert. Hey ho.

I've just explained the difference. Expecting a manager to use the squad he's put together and deal with the odd injury is fair. I think its also fair to put into context a new manager working with someone else's squad.

I wouldn't use injuries to excuse a result under Sherwood but I think its reasonable to look at the context.

Its the same squad. If it was good enough for Lambert to have adequate cover for injuries then why not Sherwood?

But, again, I agree that it is a valid excuse for Sherwood. But it was also valid for Lambert. Just making a point.

Petty? Probably. But it annoys me that the same people who slate Lambert for something then use the exact same thing as a "reason" for Sherwood.

Its the same squad. If it was good enough for Lambert to have adequate cover for injuries then why not Sherwood?

Because one put it together and the other didn't. If replacements for injured players aren't good enough, or he can't adjust the team to cover then that's down to the guy who put the squad together.

Its hard to blame Sherwood that replacements aren't good enough when he's had nothing to do with putting the squad together.

• Like 1

Because one put it together and the other didn't. If replacements for injured players aren't good enough, or he can't adjust the team to cover then that's down to the guy who put the squad together.

Its hard to blame Sherwood that replacements aren't good enough when he's had nothing to do with putting the squad together.

how we really could have done with Luna on tuesday night :P

as he was slaughtered midweek, credit today as he got better after a shaky start today and made a crucial tackle on Kane right after the goal and then pissed him off in the last minute ;)

Not amazing but he did much better today.

He's not really a left back so can't complain much with today's game.

Both he and Bacuna made some excellent covering runs that saved goals

Credit to him today. He was utterly atrocious mid week and he bounced back just enough. Thought he dealt really well with Townsend in the first half and then did his part in weathering the storm in the second.

From zero to, well, doing his bit. Nice one.

• Like 1

Â