Kieran Richardson

Nabby

Was a bag of shit aside from being on the line to head the ball away...

That, and only that, was his worthwhile contribution

Not to take it away from him, what a contribution it was...

But had he scored in from the fairly open shot that was given to him or not misplaced two dozen passes previously, he may have been appreciated a touch more

Disgraceful comments about a player who played his part in a superb victory.

• Like 4

I thought he did alright today. Still gives away possession too easily and the less said about his shot the better, but he stood up well to Balotelli and made some important tackles. Oh yes, and without him Liverpool would have equalised, so there's that.

• Like 1

It's easy to take it easy on players when we win, but from an objective standpoint, apart from his header off the line, he were pretty poor. Only player in the team that consistantly gave away possession, which may could have resulted in Liverpool counter attacking us to pieces. I'm never confident when he's on the ball and he is (together with Weimann) a player i would like to see leave come the summer.

Edited by villalad21

I don't think he had a great game and really struggled with Balotelli in particular who was himself utterly abject. Liverpool targeted Richardson and had more joy against him than they got from the rest of our players combined. 

He's still not a left back though is he, clearly. Yet there he is, doing a job. Leaving it all out there. He gets no grief from me. 

I'm sorry but Richerson was very very poor against Liverpool yesterday. Yes the team were excellent and we won, but that doesn't mean he gets bumped up by the work of his team mates. He was very poor I felt. I accept the defensive weakness, but it was going forward he hit the first man every time with his attempted crosses and then ballooned a good chance. 

Edited by CVByrne

He remains suspect in most areas of his game. Every attack automatically breaks down whenever he receives the ball also. I'm never going to be comfortable with him at left-back.

• Like 1

Quite shocked at the stick hes getting in this thread. Wasnt amazing, but wasnt terrible either. Playing out of position and giving his all. The header off the line was awesome.

Header off the line wasn't awesome, watch again. Yes he was in the right place, fair play for that, but he watched the ball for about 3 seconds before it came to him.

I think a few are getting carried away by the euphoria of yesterday. Watch it back if you can, Richardson was pretty bad truth be told, both defensively and attacking. He was beaten easily, his crossing was atrocious and his passing sloppy. It's not hate for hates sake, I just say what I saw.

Delph was amazing yesterday but that doesn't mean that I missed the fact he was equally (if not more) culpable for Liverpool's goal as Okore was. He was still MOTM though. Everyone makes mistakes but Richardson was poorest player for Villa by a mile. Okore was slow when he came on and got beaten a few times but was much better as the game wore on. 

As for Richardson's clearance, I'm ecstatic he made it but let's not get carried away that it was particularly difficult! And I'd say that if it was any player! I'd be much happier with Lowton there.

Nothing against him personally, just think he's not very good! And especially in that position.

• Like 1

Was a bag of shit aside from being on the line to head the ball away...

That, and only that, was his worthwhile contribution

Not to take it away from him, what a contribution it was...

But had he scored in from the fairly open shot that was given to him or not misplaced two dozen passes previously, he may have been appreciated a touch more

Disgraceful comments about a player who played his part in a superb victory.

If that is how you and others view my comments, thats fair enough; Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

However, all of the players played their parts in the victory...

Richardson, aside from the clearance off the line, did the least and actually cocked it up a few times...

Quite shocked at the stick hes getting in this thread. Wasnt amazing, but wasnt terrible either. Playing out of position and giving his all. The header off the line was awesome.

Header off the line wasn't awesome, watch again. Yes he was in the right place, fair play for that, but he watched the ball for about 3 seconds before it came to him.

What would you suggest he did instead?

Jump 6 feet higher and head the ball while it was 15 feet in the air?

What would you suggest he did instead?

Jump 6 feet higher and head the ball while it was 15 feet in the air?

Don't think it was suggested that he did anything wrong, just that the header was what you would expect from anyone who has ever played football before and probably not "awesome".

Â