Kieran Richardson

Nabby

In terms of an improvement, he's not better than Bertrand so in that sense we're weaker than how we finished last season..

Ummm, Bertrand was on Loan, Richardson is not. Whether that's weaker on the field or not is debatable. But it's not weaker from a business perspective. If nothing else, Richardson can play against Fulham....

Is that what we're cheering now? Signings from a business perspective?

From a quality perspective Richardson is worse than Bertrand. If you disagree I'd like to read why.

Experience?  Richardson

goals scored for national team?  Richardson

goals scored in PL?  Richardson

Premier League championship trophies?  Richardson

goals per game as professional?  Richardson

Highest transfer fee paid?  Richardons

Ability to play against all opposition because he's not on loan?  Richardson

Ability to play mid-field role if needed?  Richardson

Experience playing in mid-field role?  Richardson

I just don't agree with the feeding frenzy of some posters.  the mentality seems to be that we are a doomed group of losers so anyone who joins us must also be a loser.  I have seen some very neat play and good goals from Richardson.  Looking forward to seeing some more while he's wearing the right uniform.

• Like 1

He might not be everybody's dream signing but I'm far happier to see this lad playing down the left side of our defence than the likes of Bennett and Luna.

I think that he'll do well here and with Okore back we will be stronger defensively. I also think we'll see a back three with KR and either Lowton or Bacuna, probably the latter, playing wide right. Having seen Vlaar, the club captain, play so well in that system at the World Cup, why wouldn't you want to play that way?

I think Lambert is going for 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 this season, away at least. 

----------GA/AW/CB/LK/DB------------ (When fit, Benteke will start)

Cole-----------------------------Nzogbia (Agbonlahor and Wiemann will rotate)

---------Westwood --- Delph------------- (Both Sitting deep to win possession and link play. One will roam forward to help attack, probably Delph)

Richardson Clark Vlaar Okore Bacuna (Wingbacks to help push forward, making Cole and N'Zogbia to roam in the 'number 10' position)
----------------------Guzan------------------

It's not bad, especially if we use Richardson and Bacuna as wing backs. Both have high energy levels and can provide good service to the strikers if given the opportunity. 

Edited by Jay.P.A

The more I've thought about it, the more this makes sense. An improvement and experience at LB for a pittance. My bro is a Fulham fan and he seems to rate Richardson (well, he says he's "alright" which is certainly higher praise with less expletives than I'd give Bennett and Luna)

Edited by Spoony

Welcome to the club Kieran I always like to give players a opportunity before they get crucified even before a ball is kicked.

Hopefully turns out like a nobby solano type signing

I'm surprised that fool Lerner has allowed any signings free or not. Can't blame lambert he can only work with what tight restrictions he is given by his boss

I'll tell you what, since this was announced I've been disappointed with it...

However...

Having read this thread I've actually come round to it. He's 'only' 29, like others, I thought he was older, at least a few years miles left on the clock. He scores a handful a season, we need goals and he's not worse than what we have, not by a long way.

Not what we would be wanting in a perfect world, but it's definitely better than we were getting last year!

As I said before, I don't blame Lambert. Also this isn't the worst signing we have made this window either, but I still don't rate him a great deal. He will still get raped in the space left in front of him, as other left backs have found.

Good signing, best of the 3 this summer so far. Great to have more experience in the dressing room too. Especially if Vlaar stays, he'll have mega respect as Captain now after that World Cup

Might be a pretty ok signing if used the right way.

Think he'll do fine as a wide player in a 3-5-1-1/3-5-2 system but might get found out played as a LB in a 4-4-2 system. Mainly because of lack of cover and support, just like our previous LB's

In terms of an improvement, he's not better than Bertrand so in that sense we're weaker than how we finished last season..

Ummm, Bertrand was on Loan, Richardson is not. Whether that's weaker on the field or not is debatable. But it's not weaker from a business perspective. If nothing else, Richardson can play against Fulham....
Is that what we're cheering now? Signings from a business perspective?

From a quality perspective Richardson is worse than Bertrand. If you disagree I'd like to read why.

Experience? Richardson

goals scored for national team? Richardson

goals scored in PL? Richardson

Premier League championship trophies? Richardson

goals per game as professional? Richardson

Highest transfer fee paid? Richardons

Ability to play against all opposition because he's not on loan? Richardson

Ability to play mid-field role if needed? Richardson

Experience playing in mid-field role? Richardson

I just don't agree with the feeding frenzy of some posters. the mentality seems to be that we are a doomed group of losers so anyone who joins us must also be a loser. I have seen some very neat play and good goals from Richardson. Looking forward to seeing some more while he's wearing the right

I doubt any manager in the league rates Richardson above Bertrand. In fact I doubt our manager does.

I agree with the mentality regarding the players who are joining us. These are players with no better options, leaving average clubs that no longer need or want them. Or in the case of richardson, a player who like I said has no better options than a club up for sale who can't be sold.

No actual decent players will want to join us because no one knows what the future of Aston villa is going to be. Lambert has no choice but to sign these types of players because they're the only ones who would consider joining a team like ours. Its where we are as a club right now.

Richardson is not an awful player who will lead to our relegation but at the same time he's just another average player wearing the shirt. Unfortunately something we've seen a lot of over the last few years.

I think we're in real trouble this year, if I saw another team finish as poorly as we did and sign these players i'd be thinking they're in for a tough season.

I think we're in real trouble this year, if I saw another team finish as poorly as we did and sign these players i'd be thinking they're in for a tough season.

I thought that about Newcastle last season, they finished terribly (as bad as we did this year) then didn't exactly sign any world beaters. But they did alright last year and with a bit of luck there's no reason we can't surprise a few people this year. I'm not talking mid table even, just a 13-16th spot which is more than achievable with the players we have Edited by weedman
  • Like 1

Ummm, Bertrand was on Loan, Richardson is not.   Whether that's weaker on the field or not is debatable.  But it's not weaker from a business perspective.  If nothing else, Richardson can play against Fulham....

Sounds like you're planning for the Championship next year as well...  ;)

I'm happy with all the signings so far.  We need bodies with experience, and we're not going to sign any world beaters in our current situation.  I'm surprised we're even adding to our wage bill at all.  Hope we retain Concrete Ron and we'll be ok, at least biding our time until a takeover can be agreed.  It's the very best we can hope for right now, sadly.

Â