Kieran Richardson

Nabby

Good signing. Versatile, experienced and not without ability, I'm happy with the addition.

Whether you agree with the signings or not, I believe that neither Cole or Richardson would've been short of offers from elsewhere, so credit must go to the manager (and perhaps RK too) for attracting players under very difficult circumstances. 

• Like 1

For position we are in , this is a great signing, we are not gonna be signing players for big fees so player of his experience we always be welcomed , welcome Kieran and get used to pulling splinters out of ur arse tony moon

Me either. All of these players should be very happy that a Premier League-club wanted to secure their services.

Joe Cole is old, washed up and injury-prone. He brings experience and all that, but players leaving top clubs and then getting older seldom have the motivation to excel.

Senderos is and always was a liability of a defender. Just the same as Zat Knight and Titus Bramble, the type of player you want far away from your squad.

Kieran Richardson? We are his 5th Premier League-club and he has never made it in the Premier League. He showed some form for Sunderland at times, but that is years ago.

I am fairly happy with Richardson, given his energy and the fact that we have piss-poor left-backs in our squad. This is what we have to work with - and given Lambert's poor

record with foreign scouting, I am happy with going with something safe, albeit not very good.

For position we are in , this is a great signing, we are not gonna be signing players for big fees so player of his experience we always be welcomed , welcome Kieran and get used to pulling splinters out of ur arse tony moon

I wouldn't call it a great signing. Acceptable maybe...

Kieran Richardson? We are his 5th Premier League-club and he has never made it in the Premier League. He showed some form for Sunderland at times, but that is years ago.

I am fairly happy with Richardson, given his energy and the fact that we have piss-poor left-backs in our squad. This is what we have to work with - and given Lambert's poor

record with foreign scouting, I am happy with going with something safe, albeit not very good.

How has he never made it in the Premier League? Playing his whole career in the Premier League would point to him in fact making it in the Premier League.

Roy Keane was probably a big part of this move as they played together at United and Keano brought Richardson into Sunderland.

• Like 1

How has he never made it in the Premier League? Playing his whole career in the Premier League would point to him in fact making it in the Premier League.

Roy Keane was probably a big part of this move as they played together at United and Keano brought Richardson into Sunderland.

He's literally won the premier league.

In terms of an improvement, he's not better than Bertrand so in that sense we're weaker than how we finished last season..

Ummm, Bertrand was on Loan, Richardson is not. Whether that's weaker on the field or not is debatable. But it's not weaker from a business perspective. If nothing else, Richardson can play against Fulham....
Is that what we're cheering now? Signings from a business perspective?

From a quality perspective Richardson is worse than Bertrand. If you disagree I'd like to read why.

Experience? Richardson

goals scored for national team? Richardson

goals scored in PL? Richardson

Premier League championship trophies? Richardson

goals per game as professional? Richardson

Highest transfer fee paid? Richardons

Ability to play against all opposition because he's not on loan? Richardson

Ability to play mid-field role if needed? Richardson

Experience playing in mid-field role? Richardson

I just don't agree with the feeding frenzy of some posters. the mentality seems to be that we are a doomed group of losers so anyone who joins us must also be a loser. I have seen some very neat play and good goals from Richardson. Looking forward to seeing some more while he's wearing the right

I doubt any manager in the league rates Richardson above Bertrand. In fact I doubt our manager does.

I agree with the mentality regarding the players who are joining us. These are players with no better options, leaving average clubs that no longer need or want them. Or in the case of richardson, a player who like I said has no better options than a club up for sale who can't be sold.

No actual decent players will want to join us because no one knows what the future of Aston villa is going to be. Lambert has no choice but to sign these types of players because they're the only ones who would consider joining a team like ours. Its where we are as a club right now.

Richardson is not an awful player who will lead to our relegation but at the same time he's just another average player wearing the shirt. Unfortunately something we've seen a lot of over the last few years.

I think we're in real trouble this year, if I saw another team finish as poorly as we did and sign these players i'd be thinking they're in for a tough season.

DC, you just restated what I said. You're so negative about the club that everyone we sign is painted with the crap brush because you assume that only crap would join this crap-laden club. That's our fundamental disagreement. I hope the first few games change your perception of the club and some of our playing staff. Or else maybe that you get laid. Otherwise I fear you may hurt yourself.

• Like 2

Yep. Played his part in the team that won the Premier League, scored at international level, scored in the Champions League, FA Cup finalist and won the League Cup, so saying he's 'never made it' at Premier League level is just wrong.

• Like 1

When I think about it, he was always one of the players I didn't want on the ball near our area, both for Sunderland or Fulham, whenever he played at Villa Park.

I can't believe he is 29. Makes me feel old.  Words like 'experienced' and 'versatile' are being used-it doesn't seem that long ago when he was supposedly the next (in a long line) of bright young things. I guess we all dance to the music of time.

I think he will do okay for us. I am not expecting much just to deliver okayish peformances that can keep us up. As that is our entire ambition at present.

Â