Philippe Senderos

samjp26

I'm going to put this out there in advance:

In the upcoming run of games, we're going to concede goals. Mistakes will probably be made and we'll be punished by world class strikers. When/if this occurs, please don't jump onto Senderos' back. He's done well so far and it'd be a real shame for any confidence built up to be knocked out of him. He isn't a world class defender by any means, but he's helped us to win some vital points so far and regardless of what happens in this horrible run coming up, let us all try and stick behind him!

You might wanna copy and paste this into all the other player threads as well dude.

• Like 4

I'm going to put this out there in advance:

In the upcoming run of games, we're going to concede goals. Mistakes will probably be made and we'll be punished by world class strikers. When/if this occurs, please don't jump onto Senderos' back. He's done well so far and it'd be a real shame for any confidence built up to be knocked out of him. He isn't a world class defender by any means, but he's helped us to win some vital points so far and regardless of what happens in this horrible run coming up, let us all try and stick behind him!

You might wanna copy and paste this into all the other player threads as well dude.

I get your point but I specifically posted this in the Senderos thread because of the reaction given when we signed him. He hasn't done great these last few seasons so of course we as fans are going to be unsure of whether or not we should've signed him, but so far he has done well. However, he'll still make mistakes and this has to be expected.

He'll make far fewer mistakes than Baker, I'd stake my house on that.

Despite thinking you are 100% correct, I'm willing to accept that bet for two reasons, one your house is pretty big and two I don't seem to have to offer a stake or odds in return.

I look forward to either some decent results in the next few games or a new holiday home :)

Like I said a while back, if he makes a few of the errors that he's infamous for then he'll be excused if his level of performance otherwise stays as it is currently.

Just like when a good goalkeeper makes a howler you brush it under the carpet as one of those things.

If Phillipe keeps playing as he is he's got nothing to worry about from the fans. I hope.

I agree to an extent, but there's times when it's just daft.  If Vlaar is out for any length of time and Senderos ends up getting a 3 match ban for it, it's not so clever.

Hopefully nothing comes of big Philippe's kick at not-so-super Mario...

Since when do you get sent off for a trip? Booking nothing more.

Off the ball incident.  Definitely wasn't a big boot or anything, but if a slight lean of your head to someone elses is a red card offence...

He'll make far fewer mistakes than Baker, I'd stake my house on that.

Despite thinking you are 100% correct, I'm willing to accept that bet for two reasons, one your house is pretty big and two I don't seem to have to offer a stake or odds in return.

I look forward to either some decent results in the next few games or a new holiday home :)

Didn't see the game but judging by the match thread you might be onto a winner here.

Sometimes success in football is all about being in the right place at the right time.

Maybe, just maybe, this applies to Big Phil.

And he certainly looks happier than he did at Foolham

senserosgif.gif

Edited by turnbull

Â