Philippe Senderos

samjp26

He is perpetually sad. Like someone has informed him that his house has burnt down and all his pets were trapped inside minutes before each match.

Can you imagine how good he'd be if he was happy all match?

I'm going to put this out there in advance:

In the upcoming run of games, we're going to concede goals. Mistakes will probably be made and we'll be punished by world class strikers. When/if this occurs, please don't jump onto Senderos' back. He's done well so far and it'd be a real shame for any confidence built up to be knocked out of him. He isn't a world class defender by any means, but he's helped us to win some vital points so far and regardless of what happens in this horrible run coming up, let us all try and stick behind him!

Well said mate!

We're often too quick to criticise players for mistakes and yet, we're all not perfect ourselves.

It seems to me like concrete Ron finally has someone alongside him he can trust and if he's good enough for the Captain, he should be good enough for us.

• Like 1

In the upcoming run of games, we're going to concede goals. Mistakes will probably be made and we'll be punished by world class strikers. When/if this occurs, please don't jump onto Senderos' back. He's done well so far and it'd be a real shame for any confidence built up to be knocked out of him. He isn't a world class defender by any means, but he's helped us to win some vital points so far and regardless of what happens in this horrible run coming up, let us all try and stick behind him!

Fair point, hope he continues to shine as he has been excellent so far....

I think the difference is in recent seasons Vlaar wasn't able to babysit all of the defence (i know he made mistakes also occasionally), but one misplaced pass or poor clearance was almost always punished with a goal. Now if Senderos makes a mistake or any of the defence makes a mistake there is a good chance one of the other defenders will mop up.

I'd also just like to call him "Senderdross" before anyone else does in light of our next five games. :P 

Â