Philippe Senderos

samjp26

I think some Liverpool fans are so incensed by the trip is because Senderos kept Mario quiet. Made him look distinctly average. He's been an excellent signing thus far. A leader and someone who does very well at set pieces. Should of scored yesterday though.

• Like 2

I think some Liverpool fans are so incensed by the trip is because Senderos kept Mario quiet. Made him look distinctly average. He's been an excellent signing thus far. A leader and someone who does very well at set pieces. Should of scored yesterday though.

Sky were also upset too. 

• Like 2

Surprised captain was given to gabby ahead of sendders

Was going to say. Even though I'd keep Vlaar as skipper for reasons of continuity and loyalty (or bribery), you'd have thought Big Phil would be first choice when Concrete doesn't start. No disrespect to Gabby, but he's not the same kind of motivator.

Might be a bit early and might be a bit harsh on Vlaar but I'd make him captain.

I said before he signed he was a talker and that he would lead those around him in a more vocal way than any other player at the club but even I'm surprised of how much of a leader he is looking.

In a short space of time he has started to look like the main man in the side certainly in the defence.

I'd be chucking him the arm band for the next game.

Nah. Why mess with something that works? You don't do stuff like that. Save it until things go bad to shake it up.

A true leader doesn't need an arm band.

Senderboss.

At first, I wasn't happy with this signing at all if I'm honest but over these last 4 games (especially yesterday) he's been superb. 

Loved what he did to Balo, tripped him up then had him in his back pocket all game. Brilliant. 

Might be a bit early and might be a bit harsh on Vlaar but I'd make him captain.

I said before he signed he was a talker and that he would lead those around him in a more vocal way than any other player at the club but even I'm surprised of how much of a leader he is looking.

In a short space of time he has started to look like the main man in the side certainly in the defence.

I'd be chucking him the arm band for the next game.

An uncharacteristically crazy suggestion. Are we not trying to persuade Vlaar to sign a new contract? So publically stripping him of the captaincy during that period will endear us to him because . . . ?

Anyone else refusing to pronounce his name as Sond-or-ross?

Totally. When did that start!? Yesterday most called him 'Sondeross' when we all know it's pronounced; 'Senderlolss'

I sort of got it in my head that he's older than he is, he's only 29, a lot of good centre backs play in to their early thirties (John terry, Vidic, etc.) so we could have him as part of a solid defence for the next 3 seasons. By that time the champions league money will give us a chance to sign ans attract an understudy

Balotelli had scored every game against us, why not try to upset his apple cart a bit. Beyond that, Balotelli is a man who appears in a Puma advert standing over an injured player, getting a yellow card and then winks at the camera. If you're going to sell (or profit from) an image, don't be upset when that same style is used against you. Or, since Balotelli didn't seem that upset, maybe the media should take a page from his book and apply that philosophy.

• Like 3

Balotelli had scored every game against us, why not try to upset his apple cart a bit. Beyond that, Balotelli is a man who appears in a Puma advert standing over an injured player, getting a yellow card and then winks at the camera. If you're going to sell (or profit from) an image, don't be upset when that same style is used against you. Or, since Balotelli didn't seem that upset, maybe the media should take a page from his book and apply that philosophy.

Spot on

Â