Philippe Senderos

samjp26

I was so wrong.

We have played Stoke, Newcastle and Hull - two of the games at home. These three teams scored 45, 43 and 38 goals last season. Let's wait until we have played some proper teams over time before we start celebrating our acquisitions?

Most people expected Senderos to be garbage and backup at very best and he's been anything but.  We may well ships goals against the better teams but that will be because, guess what, they're the better teams.  Doing well against similar/poorer level teams are what we should really be improving on and, against teams who we struggled to beat last season, we've looked good.  Senderos has been a part of this improvement and I'm surprised at how well he's done/how quickly he's settled in.

Haters will always hate, though.

• Like 4

I was so wrong.

We have played Stoke, Newcastle and Hull - two of the games at home. These three teams scored 45, 43 and 38 goals last season. Let's wait until we have played some proper teams over time before we start celebrating our acquisitions?

Can't agree with that. Our problem during Lambert's tenure has not been our performances against "proper" teams.

Absolutely. My baggies supporting pal just said the same to me when talking about our next 5. We'll probably win a couple.

I was so wrong.

How'd last season's team fare against those 3? Not being sarcastic, genuinely can't remember. But I'll bet it's a bit of an improvement. We're picking up points where we wouldn't have last year and senderos has played his part there

I was so wrong.

How'd last season's team fare against those 3? Not being sarcastic, genuinely can't remember. But I'll bet it's a bit of an improvement. We're picking up points where we wouldn't have last year and senderos has played his part there

Beat Hull 3-1 and lost 2-1 to both Newcastle and Stoke.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I was so wrong.

Beat Hull 3-1 and lost 2-1 to both Newcastle and Stoke.
More than doubled our return and conceded 4 less in the process. That's am improvement in my book. If we equal every other result from last season from here on in we'll finish about 12th Edited by P3te

Â