Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

36 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Reading the comments above doesn't inspire much confidence.

If he couldn't get into a shit Dutch teams first XI that's pretty worrying......

I suppose... but they might just have preferred to play their own youngsters over a loaned in player from abroad. Plus there would likely be a language barrier, either way I think he’ll get a fair treatment by DS.

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Great news if we have recalled him, he’s a very good centre back, he’s out of contract in the Summer I think. Let’s see if he can grab his opportunity 

I really admire you sticking to your guns but surely this latest loan failure must make you feel that MAYBE, just maybe you're getting too excited about him? There's obviously something not right about him.

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Great news if we have recalled him, he’s a very good centre back, he’s out of contract in the Summer I think. Let’s see if he can grab his opportunity 

Don't think that's why he was recalled mate.

Unfortunately it looks like its time to write this one off, shame really as it would have done wonders for the local community seeing one of their own to idolise 

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I suppose... but they might just have preferred to play their own youngsters over a loaned in player from abroad. Plus there would likely be a language barrier, either way I think he’ll get a fair treatment by DS.

Why loan him in the first place then? It’s Holland the language barrier would be very minimal as they all speak a English from a very young age.

Im with the others, it’s very telling that he barely played over there, somewhere you’d expect him to shine. 

I think despite his ball playing talents he will just be too weak for first team football.

• Like 1

I so desperately want him to fulfill his potential . I saw him play for England u20s and thought he had an elegance about his game, hopefully he will find his feet and blossom in to the player we love to see in a Villa shirt. With him being of Pakistani descent, imagine the pride he would feel if he was to make the first team, he's one of our own don't forget, so we should all be rooting for this young lad. 

Keep the faith, Easah.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

Can they recall him and loan him out elsewhere?   I would think that would be the most likely reason to recall him.   Not getting any playing time, doesn't help the lad or Villa at all.   Might as well send him somewhere he'l have a chance to develop.

22 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I'd be shocked if there was a language issue, they speak better English than most of the UK in Holland

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He has represented England on all youth team levels, playing quite many games as well, and even captained the England U17 side. He is clearly very talanted and promising, you don't get there otherwise (unless you are Micah and get there because of monster physique or Reo Coker because of running and grit).

Hopefully DS and the new management team handles him properly and developes him the right way. I have no idea why he hasn't kicked on, perhaps he was an early developper and has stalled, perhaps doesn't mentally have what it takes, but many things happen in teenagers lifes (as an example look at Zlatan Ibrahimovich first time in the Netherlands and the problems he had, didn't turn out too bad). It could as well be that with the right treatment and circumstances he can fulfill his potential. I trust DS to be the one who can do that. So I still have high hopes for the kid and he should definitely not be written off yet, but supported instead! 

• Like 2

There are so many youngsters who fail at loan spells, there are a lot of reasons. The move away from home at such a young age, the first time they've experienced first team football, a whole new country in Easah's case. 

He has so much potential and as mentioned by a few should not be written off. Or those who choose to do so may forget others players we have written off (the club itself) so young as not good enough such as:-

Callum Robinson (Now worth £10m in today's market)

Daniel Johnson (Solid Championship midfielder)

Marc Albrighton (This is slightly different as he was more established but he arguably the most successful graduate other than Cahill)

Jonathan Hogg (Solid Lower tier Premier League player)

Enda Stevens (One of the best attacking fullbacks in the Championship and would easily have got in our team the past few seasons)

Players take years to grow, and we have continually not given them the right support making the step from youth football. This needs to change, there is a lot of value in our academy and there is no reason why players like Suliman who are struggling now can progress to be good players at this level or even higher.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

There are so many youngsters who fail at loan spells, there are a lot of reasons. The move away from home at such a young age, the first time they've experienced first team football, a whole new country in Easah's case. 

He has so much potential and as mentioned by a few should not be written off. Or those who choose to do so may forget others players we have written off (the club itself) so young as not good enough such as:-

Callum Robinson (Now worth £10m in today's market)

Daniel Johnson (Solid Championship midfielder)

Marc Albrighton (This is slightly different as he was more established but he arguably the most successful graduate other than Cahill)

Jonathan Hogg (Solid Lower tier Premier League player)

Enda Stevens (One of the best attacking fullbacks in the Championship and would easily have got in our team the past few seasons)

Players take years to grow, and we have continually not given them the right support making the step from youth football. This needs to change, there is a lot of value in our academy and there is no reason why players like Suliman who are struggling now can progress to be good players at this level or even higher.

Very good post, I don’t think it’s too late for Suliman, he’s got an opportunity now

This is one of those strange situations where even though it hasn't worked out on loan it could work here.

He's a player that I could really see working in a DS style team if he has filled out a bit and became more comfortable with the physical side, and we have a current need at CB, I'd hope Dean will take a look before sending him off on loan again.

• Like 1

Â