Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Easah alright. He was actually my top CB and Capt. Plus he had the big guns all sniffing round trying to buy him.

He's still got 2 seasons to achieve this in real life.  :D

Nice... I'll try again :)

It would be a Shamen if he didn't fulfil that potential in real life...

Is Easah a geezer who loves to muscle in?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Unsure to his real life attributes.

@Villan4Life, @OutByEaster? and @sir_gary_cahill could possibly give a better insight than what I could.

He’s a rolls Royce style centre back, he just breezes through matches whenever I’ve seen him at u18 and u23 level. He’s great on the ball and good in the air, he’s just got the lot for me, others will probably disagree. For me, he’s a great centre back, he’ll have a good career whatever happens

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a rolls Royce style centre back, he just breezes through matches whenever I’ve seen him at u18 and u23 level. He’s great on the ball and good in the air, he’s just got the lot for me, others will probably disagree. For me, he’s a great centre back, he’ll have a good career whatever happens

Completely agree, he's looked class when I've seen him.

The only thing that worries me with him (which seems to stop a lot of players stepping up) is whether he can improve physically. Preferably not to the detriment of his other attributes!

FWIW I enjoy your opinions on youth players and think you have a good handle on how good they are - it's just often difficult to tell whether they will make it until they actually do/don't make the step up and the ability to improve physically as well as their mental attributes really seem to come into play at this point.

I know it's difficult to split out the excitement to make objective judgements on youth players too!

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This is really interesting as I've never seen him play, but obviously heard bits about him over the years. He did captain England at 3 youth levels so must have something about him!

Thing is, those criticising his physicality, it isn't necessarily improved by 'getting in the gym'. Struggling in battles on the pitch can be as much a mental thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Thing is, those criticising his physicality, it isn't necessarily improved by 'getting in the gym'. Struggling in battles on the pitch can be as much a mental thing.

I agree I remember Gabby got in the gym and did too much which took away from his pace.

A similar thing happened to Sol Campbell (playing at CB the same as Suliman) when he was injured at Arsenal. He bulked up so much in the Gym that it made him more cumbersome, slower to turn and lost that important yard of pace. Players need a strong core and good definition but too much bulk can detract from other important aspects of the game.

Suliman has had a really bad run of loans where he has not been played despite having dropped down to levels well below the premier league. I would agree with the Birmingham Mail that he is really in need of a breakthrough season this year if he is to have a future with Villa. I've no idea what the issue is, that is putting people off him.

Hopefully the current coaching set up can help him make the changes he needs whether that be mental or physical so he can go off and get a decent run of games against proper professionals at a decent level this season. He has had to carry quite a lot of pressure as being the great hope of the Pakistani community making it as a top pro which might be a factor.

Watching him against Kiddy Harriers last night you could see he was more experienced and communicating well. Read the game quite well, but he’s just so slight. Had no muscle on him at all, and Kiddy had a bit of a unit up front so bullied him a fair bit. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Watching him against Kiddy Harriers last night you could see he was more experienced and communicating well. Read the game quite well, but he’s just so slight. Had no muscle on him at all, and Kiddy had a bit of a unit up front so bullied him a fair bit. 

Thanks, who else stood out for you?

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks, who else stood out for you?

RHM was the best technically, but he needs to adapt to cope with big centre halves. Again, his size could pose a big problem for him actually making it.

TBH I didn’t have a programme so couldn’t tell who half the players were!!  

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Didn’t realise he’d left us 

He played for our U23’s last on 28 October, so he hadn’t left as such. Not sure what his contract position is though, as no new contract was announced and his was due to expire last season. A slightly odd one, perhaps he has been on a short term deal while he finds a new club?

Edited by Elton

From my FM knowledge if we aren't really that fussed about him we can let him have a trial somewhere else in the hope that the club decide to put an offer in on him

Basically a job interview somewhere else whilst still at your current employer 

Edited by villa4europe

Earlier this year Lewis Brunt went on trial somwhere, might have been Carlise, with a view to going there on loan, Suliman could be doing something similar. But I think his contract runs out in the summer, so we might have told him that he's free to join another club if he can find one.

He's not going to make it here. You have Mings, Engels, Konsa, Chester and Hause all infront so really for guy in early 20s he needs to go out and play week in week out somewhere in the league. Not saying he won't rise up the leagues again as a few we've released have done (Robinson and Stevens at Sheffield).

• 2 months later...

moved to Holland and now Portugal, fair play to him, needs football, I don't think he's one of these that will be a PL player in 7 years time and we point fingers at the club as to what happened

disappointing but it is what it is, not everyone makes it

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

moved to Holland and now Portugal, fair play to him, needs football, I don't think he's one of these that will be a PL player in 7 years time and we point fingers at the club as to what happened

disappointing but it is what it is, not everyone makes it

I wouldn’t be surprised if he will be a Premier League player in the future, look at Calum Robinson for an example

Â