Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

"Bruce has given runs in the team to davis and green , fitness aside neither would merit a place in tommorows starting 11."

WHAT ???

Green -  deserves his place. Who would you replace him with ??

Davis - seems an awful lot of fans would want him in the team when fit. - not as skilful as JK but a better 'back to goal' CF in most peoples opinion.

As far as Suliman goes - he has played for England at every level from U16 to U20 - multiple times - has captained England U20 twice - and has scored twice for England U20

The talent is there - and hopefully this season will make him.

I dont think green will start today. its early days but he hasnt looked great this season.

Davis was only briefly in the last season. After his initail spell I dont think he did that much. I expect him to be on the fringes when he gets fit ( and going by what bruce said that wont be anytime soon)

On 17/08/2018 at 06:09, villa4europe said:

i meant appearances :P

only played 2 games in his grimsby loan spell, he needs to play 20-30 games for emmen 

I have just watched Easah's new team play away to Ajax  - not sure if that was a good or bad performance for Emmen in their first ever match in Eredivisie - but they lost 5-0. Easah did not play

it was like Championship v Evostik League - judging by the individual skills (or lack of them) on display from Emmen,  Easah will be one of their star players.

In fact, moving from our U23 to Emmen will be a retrograde move - I would expect our best U23 side to beat Emmen. . But he will (or should) get games against some good players - so it will help  

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How bad does this lad have to be if Jedinak is a better option for the CB role?

He’s gone on loan to Emmen FC in Holland until the end of the season, he’s out of contract then too, we’ve probably seen the last of him, sad really

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he's 20 and yet to play for emmen

if that remains the case for much longer then i wouldnt be too fussed about it, another one who sounds like he will disappear to nowhere

I rate him, very good centre back, I think it’s a shame that we can’t play him in our first team when we have a shortage of centre backs. The manager said that the kids would get a chance with us this season, not only Easah but we’ve let Andre Green go to Portsmouth on loan too

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he's 20 and yet to play for emmen

if that remains the case for much longer then i wouldnt be too fussed about it, another one who sounds like he will disappear to nowhere

Yet many of them are between Premier League or in some ok teams in the championship (Sheff W, Preston, Bristol...etc).

55 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How bad does this lad have to be if Jedinak is a better option for the CB role?

He doesn’t have to be bad, we have a manager who doesn’t have the courage to try, even if he was forced to play some youngster, he would need to be impressed from the first chance he gives. Yet for players who he likes they could do mistakes for god knows how long and it won’t change the fact that they will start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Yet many of them are between Premier League or in some ok teams in the championship (Sheff W, Preston, Bristol...etc).

He doesn’t have to be bad, we have a manager who doesn’t have the courage to try, even if he was forced to play some youngster, he would need to be impressed from the first chance he gives. Yet for players who he likes they could do mistakes for god knows how long and it won’t change the fact that they will start.

I think you are correct

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I rate him, very good centre back, I think it’s a shame that we can’t play him in our first team when we have a shortage of centre backs. The manager said that the kids would get a chance with us this season, not only Easah but we’ve let Andre Green go to Portsmouth on loan too

I don’t think Andre Green going was bad at all. We got two wingers and still have Adomah. If we shipped Adomah I’d say say Green would have been a good backup.

Although playing regulary down there with a good team hopefully will help him more than being just an impact sub who lacks confidence.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My gut feeling for that would be that that’s because they clearly are not good enough to be in the first team. 

• Like 2

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think Andre Green going was bad at all. We got two wingers and still have Adomah. If we shipped Adomah I’d say say Green would have been a good backup.

Although playing regulary down there with a good team hopefully will help him more than being just an impact sub who lacks confidence.

I agree 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

My gut feeling for that would be that that’s because they clearly are not good enough to be in the first team. 

Well, Green has played quite a bit for the first team and done pretty well I think. Suliman hasn’t been given a chance in the league but let’s not forget that centre backs take long to develop

5 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:
1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Disagree, I think we see our youngsters as better then they are. Jedinak probably at this point in time is the better of the two, ability, experience, positional sense, composure, physical presenc and many more factors.

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well, Green has played quite a bit for the first team and done pretty well I think. Suliman hasn’t been given a chance in the league but let’s not forget that centre backs take long to develop

See for me Green has had decent moments but overall has been weak and not produced enough to warrant a first team place.

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Disagree, I think we see our youngsters as better then they are. Jedinak probably at this point in time is the better of the two, ability, experience, positional sense, composure, physical presenc and many more factors.

I haven’t seen any of our youngsters (apart from Green, and whoever played in some cups games).

I’m just speaking generally. They don’t have to be worse than Jedinak to not play them. Bruce doesn’t give chances easily. Unless he’s stuck with someone.

He didn’t start playing Bjarnason until he scored against Bristol last season. He was playing Elmo ahead of Adomah last season until he somehow scored then get Elmo to play as a fullback again.

You can’t expect that a new player (especially youngsters) would shine in 5-10 minutes every two games!

You need to give a player a proper run to know what he’s made of. Ofcourse I’m not saying we should try players instead of in form players. But Jedinak is costing us a lot at the moment, we need to try something else. 

I don’t mind Jedinak by the way, he’s done ok in many games last season.

But this season him and Bruce are being worse than I could imagine.

45 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

My issue with this is that youths often develop in quantum leaps when exposed to senior football. Even those who don't look good enough. Which is why having a culture of throwing kids in on the deep end is so important. 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Ezra Konsa and Chris Mepham say hi. Personally think we either moddy coddle our youngsters and keep them around too long when they aren't good enough or move them on far too soon and they turn out to be quite good ( Cahill and Davis )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

My issue with this is that youths often develop in quantum leaps when exposed to senior football. Even those who don't look good enough. Which is why having a culture of throwing kids in on the deep end is so important. 

All our kids should be prepared to play lower league and conference football if the aren't ready for the first team, and if they show any resistance to wanting to do that -release them.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

All our kids should be prepared to play lower league and conference football if the aren't ready for the first team, and if they show any resistance to wanting to do that -release them.

I fully agree, but we are a lower league team at the moment, so why they aren't utilized more I will never know. 

Â