Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve seen quite a few players that have been let go but nothing about Suliman? Has anyone got information about him? 

Was thinking the same thing, but he's playing right now so can only imagine they didnt want to announce hes been released until after the U23 campaign has finished. Think if he was getting a new deal it would have been announced by now.

Doubt it. He seems to thrive in youth football/tournaments but has really struggled in his loan spells.

Can't remember if he was back from loan when Revan was making the bench but would imagine we'd rather keep him involved and Suliman's chance here has passed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is there any news whether Suliman has been offered a new contract? I can’t find anything, can anyone shed any light?

Text or phone him yet?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

So just seen he’s been named in the U-20 squad for the Toulon tournament... can’t be that bad then can he?

He’s a very good centre back, thanks for posting that, it’s on thefa.com and it says Easah Suliman Aston Villa, so maybe he hasn’t been released 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

i'd take that with a pinch of salt, the U19s and U21s both have a major tournament this summer so there's a lot of players gone to them instead

maybe he'll pop up in league 2 and work his way back but id be surprised if we ever saw him at PL level, think he'll be similar to donacian or williams

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There’s an interesting article on Birmingham Live about him, it says he has a year left on his Villa deal and is training with our first team, I thought he was out of contract, further proof that I know precisely nothing!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

There’s an interesting article on Birmingham Live about him, it says he has a year left on his Villa deal and is training with our first team, I thought he was out of contract, further proof that I know precisely nothing!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I trust Dean and JT to know what to do with him. Any loan out this season will need to have guaranteed playing time in.

Would be good at somewhere like Bolton that need players or other clubs (Bury?) who financially in trouble. To get guaranteed playing time

Edited by Villan4Life

Yeah last chance for him to prove he has what it takes to be given a new contract and a chance here, he needs to up his game massively for that to happen. It doesn't bode well that at his previous two loan spells at a far lower level than we are aiming at, the manager didn't trust him to play a part in their team. With that in mnd, I am highly doubtful that he will make it here.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

If he only has a year left then what’s the point of a loan? We’d have to give him a new contract to be able to loan him. 

Maybe we have already made up our mind - perhaps its for the players benefit more than the club.

Either way I don't see him making it here.

Â