Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

Yeah, loaning out youth can only get you so far. Especially when our facilities are so much better than the clubs we loan players to.

Ouryouth could possibly feel that taking a step out to a club with lesser facilities makes them try less.

I do think players could develop more being given game time from the bench with the first team.  If we dont give them some here, their growth will be stunted.

With regards to professional sportmen, I know there is a physical side to develop but at the end of the day it is their job. They probably left school at 16 and signed pro and been playing football since 2 or 3 years old. If they are 20 and still nowhere near breaking though, it likely they never will. Any other job after 4 years training and no visible improvement you'd be out on your ear. Instead we have players in their early 20's who still 'need time to develop' yet people like Alli or even Barkley were ripping up the top league at 19. If you aren't even breaking into let's face in a mid table champ team in early 20s it doesn't bode well.

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

With regards to professional sportmen, I know there is a physical side to develop but at the end of the day it is their job. They probably left school at 16 and signed pro and been playing football since 2 or 3 years old. If they are 20 and still nowhere near breaking though, it likely they never will. Any other job after 4 years training and no visible improvement you'd be out on your ear. Instead we have players in their early 20's who still 'need time to develop' yet people like Alli or even Barkley were ripping up the top league at 19. If you aren't even breaking into let's face in a mid table champ team in early 20s it doesn't bode well.

harry-kane-tottenham-hotspur.jpg?w=300&h

12 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

That depends if the manager of said team is willing to give the youngsters a chance to develop, rather than just throwing them in because there is no other choice. 

We have not had a system that enabled us to blood our youngsters properly for some time and for a number of managers. We need to have a system and stability within the first team that allows us to rest our first choice players (perhaps in the "easier" games) and slot in a youth player to allow them to develop in a system, with protection a few games at a time under less pressure to perform. 

Hopefully that is what we are now building towards. 

Bring him home at the earliest opportunity now that Bruce has gone. At least we can get him training with better players even if he doesn't get much game time with them. He's being wasted in Holland. 

• 4 weeks later...

An utterly pointless loan move. Again. Suliman has got potential. Being capped at various grades for England. Right now he is essentially training with a Dutch side who will probably end up in a relegation scrap. That's it. The sum total ( corect me if I'm wrong ) of his playing time so far for Emmen is against an amateur side in a cup game. I'd be shocked if our agreement with them is watertight and that we couldn't have him back in the morning if we wanted. Not saying to start him here. He's a way away from that but he would massively benefit from being at BMH daily with dean smith and co. 

• Like 4

On 28/10/2018 at 01:30, Johnnyp said:

An utterly pointless loan move. Again. Suliman has got potential. Being capped at various grades for England. Right now he is essentially training with a Dutch side who will probably end up in a relegation scrap. That's it. The sum total ( corect me if I'm wrong ) of his playing time so far for Emmen is against an amateur side in a cup game. I'd be shocked if our agreement with them is watertight and that we couldn't have him back in the morning if we wanted. Not saying to start him here. He's a way away from that but he would massively benefit from being at BMH daily with dean smith and co. 

He played 3 minutes off the bench against PSV when they were down by 6 goals, but you're essentially correct. Hopefully he can move back in January.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

There is a reason he keeps getting loan moves, and not playing.  The lad gets bullied playing U23s football and my nan could go shoulder to shoulder with most kids there.

Yep I always thought it was a poor loan move. He needed to go League One and get put against big **** every week so that he could strengthen up. Was never going to get that in Holland where it isn’t very physical. The fact he can’t get games speaks volumes. Doubt he’ll be the first Asian to play for England as many hoped.

On 03/10/2018 at 22:45, VillaJ100 said:

Jamie Vardy says 'hi' ?️‍♂️

• Like 2

On 03/10/2018 at 22:45, VillaJ100 said:

There's plenty of players who have broken through in there 20s and there's just as many players who broke through as teenagers and have amounted to nothing. You could even argue barkley was put in far to young as he is only now starting to look anything like the player he was supposed too be 5 years ago. 

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Emmen play the wonderfully named Odin 59 tomorrow. He doesnt play against them he probably wont be getting much game time going forward

On the bench....again.

16 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

And got zero minutes again. This is a joke. Villa need to bring him back...better off with the u23s than this crap.

The experience of being around a first team and in a foreign country will do him good, he’s out of contract in the Summer, so we probably won’t see him in a Villa shirt again, shame really as I think he is an excellent defender 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
Â