Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I didn’t want to click on this thread when I saw it appear :( he’ll have a great career whatever happens, it just shows how good you have to be to make it here :(

Are you able to define "great career", out of interest?  Are we talking CL-club great, or just professional somewhere great?

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he will be a Premier League player in the future, look at Calum Robinson for an example

I don't see it, I don't think he's played enough football, its not just us, he's had 3 failed loans

he'd do well to go on to have derrick Williams' career

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he will be a Premier League player in the future, look at Calum Robinson for an example

Lol Robinson is Championship level player at best. Can hardly get a game for Blades. People were hot for him early in FPL and I said stay away

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Any reason you can draw comparisons between Robinson and Suliman apart from they both played for Villa? :D

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Any reason you can draw comparisons between Robinson and Suliman apart from they both played for Villa? :D

None whatsoever, other than they are both good looking chaps that didn’t quite make the grade at Villa :(

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

4 1/2 year deal.

His agent requires a medal, that is a great deal. Along with the last 2 years here he has done very very well.

He won't make it in the PL in a billion years.

Certainly if he doesn't make it in the next 12 then he's unlikely to make it in the proceeding 999,999,988...

• Haha 1

Obligatory photo of him 'in the shirt'. 

I was pretty critical of his potential on several occasions, but he's actually a bit of a trailblazer, being the first Asian-descended Englishman to captain a national side, he's been a long-time fixture of the club, and he's been willing to push himself by moving to Holland and Portugal, so in all seriousness, good luck to him and I hope he goes on to have a successful career. 

• Like 3

This was always a weird one.  Captained his country at under-age level yet never got anywhere near our first team even in the lower leagues where at times we had a dearth of centre back talent.  Two days short of his 22nd birthday so it really is now or never.  Several Villa managers overlooked him so he was clearly never going to make it here.  Fingers crossed for the lad that he can go abroad and hopefully make a good career for himself and maybe get a move back over at some point.

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Villa Report saying that we have 30% sell on fee:

To be fair, if he does make it, its nice to know that we will get a share of it at least! Too often we have let young players leave for pittance. 

Didnt he have only 6 months on his contract as well

1 hour ago, BOF said:

This was always a weird one.  Captained his country at under-age level yet never got anywhere near our first team even in the lower leagues where at times we had a dearth of centre back talent.  Two days short of his 22nd birthday so it really is now or never.  Several Villa managers overlooked him so he was clearly never going to make it here.  Fingers crossed for the lad that he can go abroad and hopefully make a good career for himself and maybe get a move back over at some point.

Think the issue I have read is that he hasnt filled out and strength is one of the major things a centre back in England needs. 

He is only a couple of months younger than Konsa

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just about to kick off on channel 64 FreeSports on freeview, Suliman’s team Vitoria Guimaraes are playing, I don’t know if Suliman will play edit- he’s on the bench

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

He has started 1 professional game since March 2018 which was vs Ooztzan who play in Dutch Derde Divisie which is Dutch 4th division.

Think more chance of me making it in professional football

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has started 1 professional game since March 2018 which was vs Ooztzan who play in Dutch Derde Divisie which is Dutch 4th division.

Think more chance of me making it in professional football

Suliman has signed a 4 and a half year deal at Vitoria Guimaraes so they clearly have faith. I saw him a lot for our u18s, u23s and even on one occasion for our first team in the league cup against Wigan Athletic in a 4-1 victory at Villa Park on 22 August 2017, he appeared as a late substitute, he has also played for England at youth level from u16 to u20 level. He’s a good looking lad too

Been watching the first half, didn't realise that was the club he joined. Guimaraes play decent football but they don't half hang onto the ball too long in the final third. One of their CBs Bondarenko should've been sent off aswell.

Europa league standard team so pretty good move for him if he can break into the 11.

• Like 1

Â