Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

This is one of those strange situations where even though it hasn't worked out on loan it could work here.

He's a player that I could really see working in a DS style team if he has filled out a bit and became more comfortable with the physical side, and we have a current need at CB, I'd hope Dean will take a look before sending him off on loan again.

I think you are correct 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

This is one of those strange situations where even though it hasn't worked out on loan it could work here.

He's a player that I could really see working in a DS style team if he has filled out a bit and became more comfortable with the physical side, and we have a current need at CB, I'd hope Dean will take a look before sending him off on loan again.

Or it could be a very normal situation - where he flops at every loan move he makes and flops here as well.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Smith has said in his press conference that Suliman won’t play tomorrow, he’s out of contract in the Summer, so that’s probably the end of him sadly 

I thought he said something about not getting clearance for Easah to play?  Perhaps I misheard...    Is clearance necessary for players returning from a loan outside the country?

56 minutes ago, BigJim said:

I thought he said something about not getting clearance for Easah to play?  Perhaps I misheard...    Is clearance necessary for players returning from a loan outside the country?

Yes, that’s what he said, I didn’t know it was necessary 

• 3 months later...

Must say I find it really weird how we can have youths that are in the England international setup, yet they hardly get a single first team match under their belt. Either we are rubbish at bleeding in young players or the England youth setup is quite dog shit. 

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Must say I find it really weird how we can have youths that are in the England international setup, yet they hardly get a single first team match under their belt. Either we are rubbish at bleeding in young players or the England youth setup is quite dog shit. 

Its just very difficult to judge young players.

I remember we had J lloyed, Barry , Standing - Barry was by no measure the best of those 3 at youth level 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Its just very difficult to judge young players.

I remember we had J lloyed, Barry , Standing - Barry was by no measure the best of those 3 at youth level 

Yes that was kinda my point. Youth players develop so weirdly and different from each other, but a big thing is exposing them to first team football. Sometimes players who look just bang average can blossom under pressure. 

He's the same age as Tuanzebe - it's fair to say winning a load of youth caps isn't a great barometer of future success.

He loans haven't worked out at all, so suspect he'll be gone soon. Hope I'm wrong.

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes that was kinda my point. Youth players develop so weirdly and different from each other, but a big thing is exposing them to first team football. Sometimes players who look just bang average can blossom under pressure. 

He's been sent on loan at least twice (it might be three or four times, I can't remember) and he's barely featured for any of the teams he went to, so 'exposing him to first team football' is - for once - not an Aston Villa failing. 

Some players are great at 15/16 and then no good at 18/19 or whatever. This lad may well not have a career in professional football. 

I don't think caps at any level below U21 are really a great indicator to be honest.

I think he needs to drop out of the football league if need be, and work his way back up. He needs to be playing football, at a club that will be pushed to develop him and potentially reap the rewards.

Last thing he needs is to sign on at a league two club, and not play football.

Im surprised that people are surprised. The number of youth players that dont make it far exceeds those that do.

Thats not just villa thats how it is, perhaps with the exception of the super rich clubs.

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

Im surprised that people are surprised. The number of youth players that dont make it far exceeds those that do.

Thats not just villa thats how it is, perhaps with the exception of the super rich clubs.

I think the surprise stems from the expectations being higher due to him having captained England at multiple age levels and also starting every game of England's Under 19 European Cup win, where he also scored in the final. You expect someone who can do that to be able to get game time even if it is in League Two.

• Like 1

I've always said that the problem with Suliman would always be his physical side. I've seen him play a few times and he doesn't look like he's grown physically. You look at a player like Tuanzebe and he looks strong, Suliman looks far too slight to be a centre back.

• Like 1

From what I can remember of the pre season games, he didn't look out of place in the team.

Remember, Bruce had to play quite a few of the youngsters, as it looked like we were going into administration and Bruce would have more than likely had to have a fire sale of first team players. 

If we hadn't got new owners, I reckon he'd have been in the first team squad along with De Laet, but what do I know eh?.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2019 at 17:29, sir_gary_cahill said:

For me, he’s a very capable and elegant centre back. If he doesn’t make it here, he will somewhere, no doubt

For you, all 3,000 players that never made it at Villa are world class. 😂

Â