Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

33 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Ezra Konsa and Chris Mepham say hi. Personally think we either moddy coddle our youngsters and keep them around too long when they aren't good enough or move them on far too soon and they turn out to be quite good ( Cahill and Davis )

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/09/2018 at 17:44, Johnnyp said:

Ezra Konsa and Chris Mepham say hi. Personally think we either moddy coddle our youngsters and keep them around too long when they aren't good enough or move them on far too soon and they turn out to be quite good ( Cahill and Davis )

Both of those moved on purely because of Martin oniell, Davis attracted interest from man utd at one point but because oniell never liked him we sold him for pennies and we could all see cahill was a good solid cb so when we replaced him with zat Knight I think that just shows how bad some of Mons decisions actually was. 

Apart from those two I'm struggling to think of any other decent prem players we've produced for a long time. 

30 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I would hope that they now realise a change is necessary and are working hard in the background to find the best replacement. If not, we are screwed.

What’s Suliman done to deserve this ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Villastine said:

Made his debut in a 3-1 in the cup during the week. Looks like he played midfield. Be interesting to see if he gets a look in tomorrow. 

Any Dutch speaker in the house who can figure decipher their fans forum might be able to let us know how he played.

Thanks for the update Villastine, he’s a fine young centre back in my opinion but he’s out of contract in the Summer I think

4 hours ago, Villastine said:

Made his debut in a 3-1 in the cup during the week. Looks like he played midfield. Be interesting to see if he gets a look in tomorrow. 

Any Dutch speaker in the house who can figure decipher their fans forum might be able to let us know how he played.

Has he ever played midfield before?

On 29/09/2018 at 17:56, holteend1982 said:

Both of those moved on purely because of Martin oniell, Davis attracted interest from man utd at one point but because oniell never liked him we sold him for pennies and we could all see cahill was a good solid cb so when we replaced him with zat Knight I think that just shows how bad some of Mons decisions actually was. 

Apart from those two I'm struggling to think of any other decent prem players we've produced for a long time. 

Albrighton did ok to win the title with Leicester , played our part in Sturridges development, Barry signed as a 17 year old, Myhill looked a decent keeper when given the chance in the prem

On 08/09/2018 at 14:16, Tommo_b said:

Disagree, I think we see our youngsters as better then they are. Jedinak probably at this point in time is the better of the two, ability, experience, positional sense, composure, physical presenc and many more factors.

Depends how you look at it though, yes Jedinak brings experience to the side, but at the same time he is looking desperately out of position whilst making mistakes and blocking (well Bruce is) the development of fringe players. Would Suliman (or Bedaeu for that matter) be making many more mistakes?

Jedinak will be gone end of the season when his contract expires and our youngsters would have missed the chance to develop into the role. The same logic could be applied to last season when O'Hare, Green, Doyle-Hayes, Lyden etc did nothing wrong when given a chance but then Bruce kept turning to senior players who werent exactly performing (Onomah, Whelan)

It's why he gets no sympathy from the fans when he brings out the "starting all over again" line - try developing some players like everyone else has to, if Suliman is released without ever given a chance I'd be upset, especially with the state of our defence this year

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Albrighton did ok to win the title with Leicester , played our part in Sturridges development, Barry signed as a 17 year old, Myhill looked a decent keeper when given the chance in the prem

Albrighton is another good one, I'd completely forgotten about him. Not sure about sturridge wasn't he about 8 when we had him? Jonathan hogg is captain of Huddersfield, never really rated him but he must be decent. 

14 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Our 2010 academy group that made debuts around that time have mainly had good careers. Albrighton, Hogg, Bannan, Baker, Clark and now Weimann all having solid careers and only Delfouneso and Herd never really achieved anything. Sadly none did it here

Club also made about 10-12 million on the player sales to fund academy going forward

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Our 2010 academy group that made debuts around that time have mainly had good careers. Albrighton, Hogg, Bannan, Baker, Clark and now Weimann all having solid careers and only Delfouneso and Herd never really achieved anything. Sadly none did it here

Club also made about 10-12 million on the player sales to fund academy going forward

Delfouneso has scored a few already this season, he was my hero when I was growing up, class, used to take a kick off and just dribble past the opposition and have a shot at goal, was great to watch

It's okay looking the business against other youngsters but you can only survive on that sort of rep for so long before you have to prove it against proper pros. It's the same old thing of thinking you've made it when you've done nothing in reality. It's all about the progression once you look a cut above against those of similar age.

Ability/potential wise, I don't think there's a huge gap between players 5 leagues apart, it's all about the application/dedication and commitment. There are plenty of non-league players who are capable of the genius and quality you see in the PL most weeks but they don't apply themselves enough to deliver it consistently enough. How that can be improved with our own youth is another thing, as you could argue it's down to the ind to have that within them but you could also argue it needs to be coached into them but can you coach desire and application of an elite mentality? It's interesting. It would be nice to see a few more cement a place in the team but it's tough because managers have to have success now and will feel like they can't nurture players as they won't be around long enough to actually see the benefit (not specific to Bruce before people fly in 2 footed). 

On 01/10/2018 at 20:33, Junxs said:

Depends how you look at it though, yes Jedinak brings experience to the side, but at the same time he is looking desperately out of position whilst making mistakes and blocking (well Bruce is) the development of fringe players. Would Suliman (or Bedaeu for that matter) be making many more mistakes?

Jedinak will be gone end of the season when his contract expires and our youngsters would have missed the chance to develop into the role. The same logic could be applied to last season when O'Hare, Green, Doyle-Hayes, Lyden etc did nothing wrong when given a chance but then Bruce kept turning to senior players who werent exactly performing (Onomah, Whelan)

It's why he gets no sympathy from the fans when he brings out the "starting all over again" line - try developing some players like everyone else has to, if Suliman is released without ever given a chance I'd be upset, especially with the state of our defence this year

The fact that Suliman can’t get games in Holland, a league far less physical than the championship shows he’s no where near ready for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The fact that Suliman can’t get games in Holland, a league far less physical than the championship shows he’s no where near ready for us.

Just because they’re not ready for us doesn’t mean they won’t go on to have fine careers, Daniel Johnson, Callum Robinson and Graham Burke proved that last night, although the latter didn’t get off the bench

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just because they’re not ready for us doesn’t mean they won’t go on to have fine careers, Daniel Johnson, Callum Robinson and Graham Burke proved that last night, although the latter didn’t get off the bench

I've never questioned that SGC, however, my concern is for Aston Villa and what is best for them. I keep on seeing (I've been guilty myself in the past), posts saying we should play our youth, but right now very few are ready. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I've never questioned that SGC, however, my concern is for Aston Villa and what is best for them. I keep on seeing (I've been guilty myself in the past), posts saying we should play our youth, but right now very few are ready. 

The manager has said in the press that Rushian Hepburn-Murphy was going to be a given a chance in our first team, then he gets banished to the u23s

Â