I'd piss myself

Bugger that... I'd go the whole hog and 'shit myself with rage...'

That's what we need a mass dirty protest at VP if Lerner doesn't sell! :D

NAh - It'll be crap - not many would turn up (or is that turd up!)  :P

Imagine if we dont get taken over.....

I'd piss myself

With a pile of sh*t outside VP won't Lerner just think that Lambert has been signing some more players?  :D

I'd piss myself

With a pile of sh*t outside VP won't Lerner just think that Lambert has been signing some more players?  :D

:mellow:

• Like 1

I'd piss myself

3qpxnx.jpg

• Like 2

There won't be any movement till the summer so I guess it's up to the players and Lambert to secure our league status and hopefully we'll get some tidbits then on.

Yep I don't think we'll hear anything else until the season has finished.

• Like 1

So Jack Petchey buying all those Villa shares was a fan? Was he heck as like! (as they say round here). I named around 25 clubs which are currently in joint ownership. I think that counts as "relatively often" myself. :)

No granted he wasn't that is fair comment but nonetheless it was still a listed company which is still I think different to buying into a privately held company. As for the joint ownership point, my point wasn't that joint ownership was unusual, I thought I'd made that clear but obviously not, my point was that people buying into privately held clubs was unusual. And it is. A fair number of the clubs you identify were purchased under joint ownership so that really doesn't disprove that view.

Anyway, taking your point about Plcs, or non Plcs like arsenal even, people buy into football clubs for all sorts of reasons. It didn't used to be about making money, it used to be more about things like "it's my childhood club" or putting something back, or self promotion, or a certain status in a community. Now though it's more often about "I can make money here" (sadly). And then there's the even newer phenomenon of respectability and a kind of untouchable status from country of origin prosecution (Roman, Shinawatra) or National promotion (Qatar, Emirates, Abu Dabi). So even you were right about People rarely invest in portions of clubs" (which you're not) past behaviour is not guarantee of future behaviour and frankly there's nothing (other than Randy's judgement as to who if anyone, to sell to or sell partly to) to stop some moneyed group/nation/person getting a chunk of the Villa for whatever of the above variations they might wish to pursue.

Again, my point wasn't that people rarely invest in portions of clubs my point was people rarely, very rarely buy a controlling interest or minority interest in a club which is held by an individual. None of the examples you've given are examples of this as far as I'm aware but correct me if I'm wrong.

And I agree people buy into clubs for all sorts of reasons, not just because its their team I made reference to that myself in relation to Lerner's purchase of Villa. As for the newer phenomenon your correctly identify, I think these sort of investors/buyers/owners/custodians call them what you will make partial ownership, purchase less not more likely.

So I don't agree when you say I'm wrong but then down the years we have rarely agreed in relation to the ownership of the club or financial matters so that is no surprise or issue. I would though be interested if you can give specific examples of clubs that relate to what I'm talking about. A club held privately by an individual, not a group and not a PLC that has seen either a minority or majority interest sold privately to another individual(s). I think that would be far more relevant than the collection of clubs you previously stated which are under joint ownership which is quite different.

If and I think it is a fairly sizable if, Lerner sells this summer I personally think he will sell the whole club not a percentage of it but until it happens there is no way of knowing who is right.

To be fair, that's a different tack to what was written above which said

.....Even if Lerner wanted to remain at the club as part of a consortium rather than sell, why on earth would anyone with the levels of wealth we are talking about want to invest bit part? People rarely invest in portions of clubs...

This reply isn't just in reply to the post I've quoted but the various posts I've seen suggesting this shared ownership model involving Lerner.

You've expanded on your original post I picked up on, to now limit/clarify what you said to solely "privately owned by an individual". Which is fine, and thanks for doing that. It's definitely different to what you earlier, and what I was disagreeing with.

I don't think we differ much on the rest, other than that I maybe feel it's less unlikely in future that people might buy into clubs (whatever their ownership model) than you might do.

I can see a selling point being made, to say "look, here's a club with (now) a sound balance sheet (in football terms) where there's huge potential for future growth, where I don't have the ability/willingness to, on my own, take it on, but where if you want in, you don't need to buy the whole thing, and together we can reap the rewards of ownership". Who knows what will happen, though.

There were rumours 2 to 3 years ago that Lerner was looking for outside investment, could it be that the interested parties changed tack and made a full offer or Lerner changed his mind when interested parties showed an interest and decided it was time to go.

I think if anything will happen it'll be done pretty quickly after the season finishes, as they were mega quick in sacking Mcliesh (day after season ended)

That was a very happy monday for me :P

Hope they are quicker than that this time, when the final whistle blow rings out on the last game the new owners and guardiola come on to the pitch and chase away lambert, the new owner then proceeds with throwing bags of cash at pep. Sounds plausible

• Like 1

Having read through this thread in a couple of days now I have to say that I'm impressed about the knowledge about rich people. I haven't heard about anyone of them, apart from Bill Gates mentioned as a joke. This Ellison guy, who seems very unlikely to be the new owner, seems to be among the richest in the world and I haven't got a clue. I thought about looking him up on google but realised that I wasn't really interested. Unless he actually should buy us. But then there would be enough to read about him here. :)

You've never heard of Oracle? Second largest software company after Microsoft? 

Mind is blown.

Anyway Ellison shits money. I haven't checked if someone has already posted this but:

Where Gates became known for flying cattle class with a blanket over his head, Ellison flies an SIAI-Marchetti S.211 fighter plane in which he is known to have conducted mock dog-fights over the Pacific, with his son David. He recently tried to import a decommissioned Russian MiG-29, but the US government said no way. "It's considered a firearm," said Ellison, incredulously, "even though that's not my intention. It is disarmed, but theoretically you could rearm it and take out a couple of cities."

Personally I think there's absolutely nothing in the takeover rumours. I think Randy made the statement to take deflect attention off the relegation run-in and it's all made up bollocks. Hope I'm wrong but that's my gut feeling.

Even though Ellison has no interest in football what makes me laugh more is people jazzing over his wealth yea he is super rich but the vast VAST majority of his wealth is shares in his company it isn't like Mansour who literally pisses money out of the ground he would have to sell up some stock.

Might not be a bad idea to be fair on his part the shares are higher than they have been in ages.

Even though Ellison has no interest in football what makes me laugh more is people jazzing over his wealth yea he is super rich but the vast VAST majority of his wealth is shares in his company it isn't like Mansour who literally pisses money out of the ground he would have to sell up some stock.

Might not be a bad idea to be fair on his part the shares are higher than they have been in ages.

Didn't somebody say earlier in the thread that Ellison has apparently got £4 Billion set aside incase he fancies starting a sports venture?

319072718_2b16f36107.jpg

I worked with Oracle for 3 years and it gave me nightmares. If the owner of that company does take over at Villa, I hope he can get us working better than his other company.

So Ellison's the one responsible for them damn Java updates. 

• Like 1