$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

a game in hand, 3 points ahead of Norwich with something like a dozen goals in our favour with 9 points for them left to play for doesn't sound to me like we will be in much danger especially when you look at their games.

a game in hand, 3 points ahead of Norwich with something like a dozen goals in our favour with 9 points for them left to play for doesn't sound to me like we will be in much danger especially when you look at their games.

Exactly, some people just like to worry

Just did a predictor and didn't have us winning any of our remaining games. I tried to be as realistic as possible with the other fixtures though obviously you never know with other teams like you do with the Villa.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=1

Have a pop if you want. I had us finishing 16th with Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff all going down.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

a game in hand

Yep. The form we're in we must be favourites to win away at Manchester City.

We've recently been smashed by Stoke and now Swansea, and lost at home to Fulham.

I don't want to be right. I want to be very, very wrong. I want to be so wrong I get laughed at. But just now it's not looking too clever is it...?

I think we stay up on goal difference but if city put 7 or 8 past us who knows.

If we go down and we don't get a new owner, what on earth happens next?

I wouldn't be surprised if Lerner completely pulled the financial plug and we made no transfers in the summer

He'll sell us on the cheap to a Venky's or similar and thus begins the demise of Aston Villa Football Club.

I don't think we'll challenge for the league if we get taken over in the summer. Challenge for a Top 6 spot, maybe.

I guess it depends on who comes in, I am not saying I know everything or know things 100% but I do know that the people I spoke to have got it spot on so far (how things will play out) and they believe the plan is to invest to the point we can and will challenge the top.

But hey, things change, right?

• Like 3

Stay up and we win - or challenge for - the league within 5 years. Go down and we will probably be there for a few years.

This is huge :(

Really? We will be challenging for (or winning) the league within 5 years.

TBH I'd be happy to just challenge for 10th with no fear of relegation.