$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Even though Ellison has no interest in football what makes me laugh more is people jazzing over his wealth yea he is super rich but the vast VAST majority of his wealth is shares in his company it isn't like Mansour who literally pisses money out of the ground he would have to sell up some stock.

Might not be a bad idea to be fair on his part the shares are higher than they have been in ages.

You not a Kiwi so you probably don't know about America's Cup yachting race. Oracle Racing beat Team NZ with a massively better funded boat because Larry Ellison has such a hard-on about winning with what ever he is involved in. There was no value return on his money. Carnt just wants to win so bad at whatever he puts his name to. Guy is super rich and pisses money. Vast majority of his wealth is not tied up in shares in his company.

Even though Ellison has no interest in football what makes me laugh more is people jazzing over his wealth yea he is super rich but the vast VAST majority of his wealth is shares in his company it isn't like Mansour who literally pisses money out of the ground he would have to sell up some stock.

Might not be a bad idea to be fair on his part the shares are higher than they have been in ages.

Didn't somebody say earlier in the thread that Ellison has apparently got £4 Billion set aside incase he fancies starting a sports venture?
Yeah he has access to $4bn which when asked about, he simply says its just in case he feels like shopping. Tried a few times to get an NFL/NBA franchise but failed. Even tried to buy an entire entertainment firm to get ownership of some stadiums to get a better chance.

As mentioned, he has put a shed load of money into boatracing.

Edited by samjp26

Didn't somebody say earlier in the thread that Ellison has apparently got £4 Billion set aside incase he fancies starting a sports venture?

Yea someone said he took a credit line out with oracle.

Can you even do that? Would the other shareholders allow that?

Doubtful

319072718_2b16f36107.jpg

Lol fuuuuu auto correct!

• Like 1

You not a Kiwi so you probably don't know about America's Cup yachting race. Oracle Racing beat Team NZ with a massively better funded boat because Larry Ellison has such a hard-on about winning with what ever he is involved in. There was no value return on his money. Carnt just wants to win so bad at whatever he puts his name to. Guy is super rich and pisses money. Vast majority of his wealth is not tied up in shares in his company.

I know of the race, his involvement and how much stock he own and the vast majority of it is stocks

I know of the race, his involvement and how much stock he own and the vast majority of it is stocks
He has 49 billion, and the vast majority may well be in stocks. However, even if 90 % of it is in stocks and other assets, he'd have 5 billion in cash. Edited by AVTuco

Jesus wept, even if we lose all of our matches from now until the end of the season we could still be okay considering the other teams below us have some difficult run-ins. We shouldn't leave it up to other teams to screw up of course, but it could still happen. Saying we're going to be relegated at this point IS being melodramatic.

• Like 2