$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Here's some more of that quote.

“I really don’t know,” he added. “My understanding is that at the minute nothing’s going to happen, that’s my understanding. Whether that changes when he says his speech or his statement I’m like you, I’ll wait and see.”

Mixed messages.

I must say the notion that Lerner will sell and place some kind of condition on the sale to the new owners that Lambert keeps his job is absurd. It's the equivalent of trying to sell a property with a sitting tenant. It seriously reduces the number of potential buyers because it make the whole deal much less attractive. If you buy something, be it a property or a business, you want to be able to have free reign to enjoy it without restrictions and binds.

If Lerner wants out, as it seems he may, he certainly won't jeopardise that out of some misguided sense of loyalty to an employee.

If the new owners come in - and have a manager in mind then youre right. It won't be a condition of £200m sale that lambert keeps his job. It will be more like he puts a 'good word in'  or as I have suggested before - lets say the takeover isn't complete before say Aug 25 , would they want to come in, sack the manager, and start the new season looking for a manager....  

• Like 1

Lambert

“My understanding is that at the minute nothing’s going to happen.”

That's probably true in the strict sense. "At the minute", it isn't. He could just as accurately have said, "In the next hour" or, "In the next week". That's just another meaningless, disingenuous statement that is his stock in trade and is reminiscent of the MONglish his mentor, "The Gaffer" used to spout.

I'd give Lambert at least until Christmas. He's worked under the remit of reducing the wage bill and moving on the high earners. He has had to sign players to boost the squad size on a limited budget hence why most are £1m - £2m and command low wages.

This season he's been unlucky with injuries to Benteke, Okore znd Kozak who are his most expensive signings. On the basis that the emphasis will be that the future signings should be quality rather than quantity he deserves the opportunity to show what he can do now that the club is in better shape financially.

He doesn't. The football over two years apart from about 10 games has been pitiful. He has survived purely because he isn't mcleish

I'd give Lambert at least until Christmas. He's worked under the remit of reducing the wage bill and moving on the high earners. He has had to sign players to boost the squad size on a limited budget hence why most are £1m - £2m and command low wages.

This season he's been unlucky with injuries to Benteke, Okore znd Kozak who are his most expensive signings. On the basis that the emphasis will be that the future signings should be quality rather than quantity he deserves the opportunity to show what he can do now that the club is in better shape financially.

He doesn't. The football over two years apart from about 10 games has been pitiful. He has survived purely because he isn't mcleish

And that the owner is happy to have someone who survives on the cheap.

When Randy sold the Browns he retained shares in them and when Simpson and Davies bought the Texas Rangers they didn't buy the whole thing straight away. Plus Randy is going to speaks of his role at the club next season.

This season he's been unlucky with injuries to Benteke, Okore znd Kozak who are his most expensive signings. On the basis that the emphasis will be that the future signings should be quality rather than quantity he deserves the opportunity to show what he can do now that the club is in better shape financially.

So if his job was to keep us up for 2 seasons on the cheap then it looks like he will have been successful. So well done Lambert. Thank you and goodbye.

So if his job was to keep us up for 2 seasons on the cheap then it looks like he will have been successful. So well done Lambert. Thank you and goodbye.

That wasn't his job and you know it. If that was the remit mcleish would have stayed on. All the pro Lambert fans were clamouring for mid table/top ten. Face facts, this clown doesn't know his arse from his elbow and should be sacked as soon as possible. He has spent £40m and made us worse!

• Like 1

I must say the notion that Lerner will sell and place some kind of condition on the sale to the new owners that Lambert keeps his job is absurd. It's the equivalent of trying to sell a property with a sitting tenant. It seriously reduces the number of potential buyers because it make the whole deal much less attractive. If you buy something, be it a property or a business, you want to be able to have free reign to enjoy it without restrictions and binds.

If Lerner wants out, as it seems he may, he certainly won't jeopardise that out of some misguided sense of loyalty to an employee.

If the new owners come in - and have a manager in mind then youre right. It won't be a condition of £200m sale that lambert keeps his job. It will be more like he puts a 'good word in'  or as I have suggested before - lets say the takeover isn't complete before say Aug 25 , would they want to come in, sack the manager, and start the new season looking for a manager....  

I would envisage the "good word" would be restricted to reporting on his performance as part of the discussions. I can't see why Lerner would go any further than making potential buyers aware of how he has performed and what he has achieved (or not) based upon his objectives. There's nothing in it for him to try to look after Lambert beyond presenting facts- if anything it may damage his credibility in the eyes of potential buyers.

That wasn't his job and you know it. If that was the remit mcleish would have stayed on. All the pro Lambert fans were clamouring for mid table/top ten. Face facts, this clown doesn't know his arse from his elbow and should be sacked as soon as possible. He has spent £40m and made us worse!

I honestly thing that was his job or he would have been sacked sooner. With Mcleish I'd say relegation was too close for comfort so he was sacked. Plus he may not even have been as big a yes man as Lambert, who knows?

As for making us worse, as a squad yes but our first team fully fit is probably stronger. So the way things pan out over a season will massively depend on luck with injuries etc, like with most clubs in the bottom half.

Btw don't get me wrong, I'm no Lambert fan, I just don't think he is the worst manager in the world.

Come to think of it if the takeover is done late in the transfer window then Lambert probably will stick around until January at least. If it's done sooner and significant funds are available to spend before the season starts then I'd expect a new manager.

McLeash was sacked because if the fan reaction to him.

Lambert is doing what the owner has asked so will get a letter of recommendation if there are new owners.

New owners may well decide to give him a go rather than change everything at once. That seems to happen with most takeovers.

• Like 1

I think DOL did what the owner asked but was still sacked when the takeover happened 9yes I know he went a couple of weeks before)

McCleish was definitely down to the fans reaction & possibly the fact that it was at this point that Lerner decided to move the goalposts & sell up.

I remember the dear old General stating about McCleish "just think what he could do with an owner who backs him". This tells me that at that point, Lerner was still with us. By the end of the season, he'd changed his mind & the expensive McCleish signings then formed part of the bomb squad.

• Like 1

Lambert

“My understanding is that at the minute nothing’s going to happen.”

In June, Holmgren reiterated the Browns were not for sale, responding to a rumor that Lerner had the team on the market.

"No, the Browns are not for sale," he said. "I talk to Randy all the time, and I assume he'd tell me. We have a very open, honest relationship. No, there's no truth to that."

Klopp says he isn't interested in the Utd job and there is 1000 reasons why he is happy at Dortmund.

Another piece of factual information that goes against what TBAR have said.

I'd believe the 5th richest man in the world is taking over before I'd believe Klopp is coming in TBH.

• Like 1