$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

We all need to watch a documentary call " The Secret" they calm that if you keep thinking about something that you really want it we turn up at some point. I think we all just need to hold hands and keep these positive thoughts that Lerner and funky bunch will be gone ASAP, the new owner gets in Pep Guardiola and gives him a open cheque book to all him billions.

We can then forget this hell we've been living in

It's a trick not a secret

We all need to watch a documentary call " The Secret" they calm that if you keep thinking about something that you really want it we turn up at some point. I think we all just need to hold hands and keep these positive thoughts that Lerner and funky bunch will be gone ASAP, the new owner gets in Pep Guardiola and gives him a open cheque book to all him billions.

We can then forget this hell we've been living in

It's a trick not a secret

Does it work?

I am beginning to wonder if the management and players have known about the proposed takeover for a little while as our form has completely tailed off. There isn't even any effort or application now or so it seems. Our fate lies in the hands of bottom 4

• Like 3

I am beginning to wonder if the management and players have known about the proposed takeover for a little while as our form has completely tailed off. There isn't even any effort or application now or so it seems. Our fate lies in the hands of bottom 4

You reckon that most of them know they are shit and very lucky to be playing in a premier league team?

Some people questioned why another US owner would look at us earlier in this thread, especially with our current form and standing.

I've been in the US for 4 days now and already 2 of my cab drivers have been Villa fans, 1 of Mexican descent and 1 who was Brazilian. Both were really excited when I said who I supported and apparently we are well followed by the Hispanic community according to the Mexican chap, who seemed really clued up and said he's been to a fair few games.

Maybe its just coincidence but I found it to be really interesting, it seems that we still are a huge club.

• Like 4

Some people questioned why another US owner would look at us earlier in this thread, especially with our current form and standing.

I've been in the US for 4 days now and already 2 of my cab drivers have been Villa fans, 1 of Mexican descent and 1 who was Brazilian. Both were really excited when I said who I supported and apparently we are well followed by the Hispanic community according to the Mexican chap, who seemed really clued up and said he's been to a fair few games.

Maybe its just coincidence but I found it to be really interesting, it seems that we still are a huge club.

I seriously think it's the 'Villa' connection. Could be a good milking point with the hispanic community.

As an American, I have only ever seen one Villa fan and he was at the movies wearing a 2008 kit.

Villa, as far as I know, is not a big club over here.

Edited by Kwan

As an American, I have only ever seen one Villa fan and he was at the movies wearing a 2008 kit.

I'm in Florida, don't know if it makes any different, I didn't think they would even know who Villa were

Oddly I've seen as many villa jerseys as any other club, bar Barca and Real here in Toronto

But then 'soccer' is not big at all really, is it?

No. It probably still ranks as the fifth most popular sport over here.

But I think I read that it is one of the fastest growing sports in terms of fan base. It's just kind of hard to make an event out of most of the matches when they're at 10 AM. But the increasing availability of online streaming has gotten people interested

• Like 1

No. It probably still ranks as the fifth most popular sport over here.

But I think I read that it is one of the fastest growing sports in terms of fan base. It's just kind of hard to make an event out of most of the matches when they're at 10 AM. But the increasing availability of online streaming has gotten people

interested

I was told it's really popular to play when they are in school but the interest tapers off after

Also true. It's kind of seen as the sport that "everyone" can play since most people just run around and have an almighty kick when they get near the ball.

Also doesn't help that watching the MLS is like watching Villa play every day. 

I'm in Florida, don't know if it makes any different, I didn't think they would even know who Villa were

I'm in Texas. The only Villa fan I have ever met was in Cancun, Mexico.

Bet you gave them a good tip. Also bet they were fulham fans or whatever when the next brits get in the back seat.

It's all in the name.....a Spanish friend told me this yonks ago, aston villa is well known in Spanish quarters.

The only English bit is the way we play.lol

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Don’t you know a few players?

giphy.gif