$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Because I'm not convinced were going to be spending loads of money. I think next seasons goal will be to do much better than the last 2 seasons and I don't see that costing to much. Next season will be a settling in period for the new owners. Top half finish and having a real go at both cups. Who's going to come villa if we aint promosing them a big budget? I just think they will stick with lambert until they settle in. If he aint doing the job next season he will be gone. Not next season but the one after, that's where I see us spending big ish money.

Fair enough. I think Lambert will only take us down.....

There is no way in hell McLeishbert will still be Villa manager at the start of next season. If he is,

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself.

• Like 1

I think were best sticking with lambert next season, even if it is to baby sit while the new owners settle in. If he does well he'll stay, if its terrible again a change will be made. Maybe someone will already be lined up if halfway through the season things aint improved much.

Why on earth would you stick with Lambert? His record is woeful, his football is woeful and by all accounts his assistants who he has carried around for 7 years are nothing short of a disgrace . The guy is a total disaster from start to finish. He is awful and had been since he arrived. He should have had the bullet months ago, how is still employed is a mystery. Utter crap manager.

Revisionism. Lambert has done a good job here but people fail to see the whole picture as usual.
He really really hasn't. He is dreadful

Because I'm not convinced were going to be spending loads of money. I think next seasons goal will be to do much better than the last 2 seasons and I don't see that costing to much. Next season will be a settling in period for the new owners. Top half finish and having a real go at both cups. Who's going to come villa if we aint promosing them a big budget? I just think they will stick with lambert until they settle in. If he aint doing the job next season he will be gone. Not next season but the one after, that's where I see us spending big ish money.

if lerner stayed and he ran the club next season like he has the past two seasons then I'd agree but new owners will pump enough money in to turn us into a better team and more importantly a more consistent team. At our best we are a good team who can give any team in the league a mauling. At our worst we are the worst team in the league. As I said I think top half of the table is the goal and the cups.

I'm not team lambert by no means but imo I think its best we keep him for next season. Ay who knows he might surprise us.

I disliked lambert massively before he arrived, I did post as much at the time, I have been waiting 2 years to suprise me but it hasn't happened. If we get new owners then I think a whole new fresh start would be better.

I have a horrible feeling next season will be a repeat. No new owner and stuck with Lambert. I think Lambert is limited, poor in the transfer market, unable to inspire and I don't think he comes across well. I'm not entirely convinced the players like him much but that my opinion. I never had faith in him and think he has been a disaster personally

Here's what I think will happen...

Season finishes, an announcement is made soon after that Philip Anschutz has bought the club. Just before the world cup starts Lambert is sacked and given a nice compensation package. Then the world cup happens. Once the World Cup has finished Klinsmann leaves his job managing USA, and joins Villa to manage us.

If only I could bet on Klinsmann being next Villa manager.....

you can.

My hunch - is that the statement will come pretty quickly "that negotiations are ongoing to sell the club - All of the serious bidders have expressed a desire for Paul Lambert to be the manager for next season - and be judged on performance from that point' - Of course that gives Lambert the protection of a silk collar from the guillotine ! - but it does ensure someone is at the helm whilst negotiations are on going...

Unless the deal is done swiftly (ie its already done) - I can't see there being time to recruit a new manager - with all the other stuff that a takeover involves -

I just have :D 33/1.

Having just googled them I found this quote from Klinsmann ....

"I was a little bit involved in it with Anschutz' group"

So who knows... pretty much no chance of it happening but if it does i'm £1200 up :)

Where u getting 33-1, i can only get 10-1

Why did lambert say that we have to respect Lerners decision and football owes nobody nothing. Imo this is the biggest clue yet that lerner has sold up and lambert is gone.

is that what he said?  recently?

Why did lambert say that we have to respect Lerners decision and football owes nobody nothing. Imo this is the biggest clue yet that lerner has sold up and lambert is gone.

is that what he said? recently?

Yes today

I'm not team lambert by no means but imo I think its best we keep him for next season. Ay who knows he might surprise us.

And if he doesn't ?
if the team and lambert do shit again next season then its obvious he will be gone.

is that what he said?  recently?

Here is a link to the Express article. (I think it appeared in the Birmingham Evening Mail first)

I think were best sticking with lambert next season, even if it is to baby sit while the new owners settle in. If he does well he'll stay, if its terrible again a change will be made. Maybe someone will already be lined up if halfway through the season things aint improved much.

Why on earth would you stick with Lambert? His record is woeful, his football is woeful and by all accounts his assistants who he has carried around for 7 years are nothing short of a disgrace . The guy is a total disaster from start to finish. He is awful and had been since he arrived. He should have had the bullet months ago, how is still employed is a mystery. Utter crap manager.

Revisionism. Lambert has done a good job here but people fail to see the whole picture as usual.

About three good months out of almost two seasons. It's hardly revisionism and the 'whole picture' has been pretty woeful.

• Like 1

Here's what I think will happen...

Season finishes, an announcement is made soon after that Philip Anschutz has bought the club. Just before the world cup starts Lambert is sacked and given a nice compensation package. Then the world cup happens. Once the World Cup has finished Klinsmann leaves his job managing USA, and joins Villa to manage us.

If only I could bet on Klinsmann being next Villa manager.....

you can.

My hunch - is that the statement will come pretty quickly "that negotiations are ongoing to sell the club - All of the serious bidders have expressed a desire for Paul Lambert to be the manager for next season - and be judged on performance from that point' - Of course that gives Lambert the protection of a silk collar from the guillotine ! - but it does ensure someone is at the helm whilst negotiations are on going...

Unless the deal is done swiftly (ie its already done) - I can't see there being time to recruit a new manager - with all the other stuff that a takeover involves -

I just have :D 33/1.

Having just googled them I found this quote from Klinsmann ....

"I was a little bit involved in it with Anschutz' group"

So who knows... pretty much no chance of it happening but if it does i'm £1200 up :)

Where u getting 33-1, i can only get 10-1

BetVictor

EDIT: Down to 10/1. My bet must have knocked it down lol

Edited by PieFacE

Without money I think any manager will be hard pushed to keep us up next season

• Like 1

Lambert

“My understanding is that at the minute nothing’s going to happen.”

To be honest I don't think Lambert has had any idea what's going on since he got here

• Like 1

I'd give Lambert at least until Christmas. He's worked under the remit of reducing the wage bill and moving on the high earners. He has had to sign players to boost the squad size on a limited budget hence why most are £1m - £2m and command low wages.

This season he's been unlucky with injuries to Benteke, Okore znd Kozak who are his most expensive signings. On the basis that the emphasis will be that the future signings should be quality rather than quantity he deserves the opportunity to show what he can do now that the club is in better shape financially.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 1

I must say the notion that Lerner will sell and place some kind of condition on the sale to the new owners that Lambert keeps his job is absurd. It's the equivalent of trying to sell a property with a sitting tenant. It seriously reduces the number of potential buyers because it make the whole deal much less attractive. If you buy something, be it a property or a business, you want to be able to have free reign to enjoy it without restrictions and binds.

If Lerner wants out, as it seems he may, he certainly won't jeopardise that out of some misguided sense of loyalty to an employee.

• Like 1