$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Just been talking to a villa fan on site where I've been working. He aint been for a couple of year due to how the club has turned into a joke. Anyway his uncle is best mates with chief executive of norwich and according to this bloke at norwich, villa got sold months ago. Obviously the deal aint been done yet but it was agreed months ago apparantly. How true it is I don't know and I don't know wether this bloke at norwich would be ITK or not. Apparantly he's still good mates with lambert so I don't know.

I can't see that after all the shit that was said after he movedbto us.

Here's what I think will happen...

Season finishes, an announcement is made soon after that Philip Anschutz has bought the club. Just before the world cup starts Lambert is sacked and given a nice compensation package. Then the world cup happens. Once the World Cup has finished Klinsmann leaves his job managing USA, and joins Villa to manage us.

If only I could bet on Klinsmann being next Villa manager.....

Season finishes, an announcement is made soon after that Philip Anschutz has bought the club. Just before the world cup starts Lambert is sacked and given a nice compensation package. Then the world cup happens. Once the World Cup has finished Klinsmann leaves his job managing USA, and joins Villa to manage us.

you can.

My hunch - is that the statement will come pretty quickly "that negotiations are ongoing to sell the club - All of the serious bidders have expressed a desire for Paul Lambert to be the manager for next season - and be judged on performance from that point'  - Of course that gives Lambert the protection of a silk collar from the guillotine ! - but it does ensure someone is at the helm whilst negotiations are on going... 

Unless the deal is done swiftly (ie its already done)  - I can't see there being time to recruit a new manager - with all the other stuff that a takeover involves - 

you can.

My hunch - is that the statement will come pretty quickly "that negotiations are ongoing to sell the club - All of the serious bidders have expressed a desire for Paul Lambert to be the manager for next season - and be judged on performance from that point'  - Of course that gives Lambert the protection of a silk collar from the guillotine ! - but it does ensure someone is at the helm whilst negotiations are on going... 

Unless the deal is done swiftly (ie its already done)  - I can't see there being time to recruit a new manager - with all the other stuff that a takeover involves - 

I just have :D 33/1.

Having just googled them I found this quote from Klinsmann ....

"I was a little bit involved in it with Anschutz' group"

So who knows... pretty much no chance of it happening but if it does i'm £1200 up :)

Dream scenario: Phillip Anschutz buys us: appoints the right people in the right places. renames Villa Park something like AEG Villa Park or The 02 Villa Park for ££££££. Adidas replace Macron for £££££. Dafabet kicked into touch for Sony extra £££££ . £50 to £60 million spent on the squad.

Dream scenario: Phillip Anschutz buys us: appoints the right people in the right places. renames Villa Park something like AEG Villa Park or The 02 Villa Park for ££££££. Adidas replace Macron for £££££. Dafabet kicked into touch for Sony extra £££££ . £50 to £60 million spent on the squad.

Wake up wake up already

No clubs will be kicked out of European competition next season for breaking financial fair play rules, UEFA president Michel Platini said in an interview today.

UEFA's financial fair play (FFP) policy, designed to stop clubs spending more than they generate, comes into effect next season with a maximum penalty of exclusion from European competition for those failing to comply.

"In effect, the first decisions will be announced at the start of May," Platini told Le Parisien newspaper in an interview published on its website.

"But if you are expecting blood and tears and you will be disappointed. There will be some tough things but no exclusions from European competition."

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/24/soccer-uefa-platini-idINKBN0DA0JV20140424

Uefa have since said that they havent ruled it out and Platini isnt even part of that process that decides. Although i think we know clubs wont get kicked out straight away, thats for repeat offenders.

No one is getting kicked out, ever. Clubs will fight it in court and win.

They wouldn't win. Uefa can let whoever they want into their competitions

• Like 1

This is probably the most likely scenario i have heard. It has a bit logic instead of people just throwing out pointless names that dont make sense. Not sure what Klinsman would be like as a manager

Lambert won't get sacked, he will be given a season minimum. Lerner will see to that, if I'm honest I don't want him sacked when new owners come in. Let's see how he does from then.

Why did lambert say that we have to respect Lerners decision and football owes nobody nothing. Imo this is the biggest clue yet that lerner has sold up and lambert is gone.

Nah, lerner would of made sure lambert keeps his job.

Im not sure I like it but I believe in this as well.
if I'm honest I think we should stick with him next season. Let's see how it goes....we go again, is much better than (in an irish accent) we've got a honest bunch of lads and I can't ask for anymore than that, such honesty. I was telling the wife what an honest bunch of players I have.
  • Like 1

Nah, lerner would of made sure lambert keeps his job.

Im not sure I like it but I believe in this as well.
if I'm honest I think we should stick with him next season. Let's see how it goes....we go again, is much better than (in an irish accent) we've got a honest bunch of lads and I can't ask for anymore than that, such honesty. I was telling the wife what an honest bunch of players I have.

Stop it now chap. Face it, he's gone at the end of the season, takeover or no takeover he's gone!!!!