$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If the Texas Ranger guys come in then I wouldn't be too surprised if Randy retained a small share in the club and for the time being they kept Paul Lambert on. But with the same scenario I can see them being interested in Moyes.

Edited by useless

Nah, lerner would of made sure lambert keeps his job.

Im not sure I like it but I believe in this as well.
if I'm honest I think we should stick with him next season. Let's see how it goes....we go again, is much better than (in an irish accent) we've got a honest bunch of lads and I can't ask for anymore than that, such honesty. I was telling the wife what an honest bunch of players I have.

Stop it now chap. Face it, he's gone at the end of the season, takeover or no takeover he's gone!!!!

That i think he is. Love him or loath him, its fair to say he was on a heighten to nothing at Villa. Still dont know why he came in the first place with the remit in place. Gone gone gone

No clubs will be kicked out of European competition next season for breaking financial fair play rules, UEFA president Michel Platini said in an interview today.

UEFA's financial fair play (FFP) policy, designed to stop clubs spending more than they generate, comes into effect next season with a maximum penalty of exclusion from European competition for those failing to comply.

"In effect, the first decisions will be announced at the start of May," Platini told Le Parisien newspaper in an interview published on its website.

"But if you are expecting blood and tears and you will be disappointed. There will be some tough things but no exclusions from European competition."

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/24/soccer-uefa-platini-idINKBN0DA0JV20140424

Uefa have since said that they havent ruled it out and Platini isnt even part of that process that decides. Although i think we know clubs wont get kicked out straight away, thats for repeat offenders.

No one is getting kicked out, ever. Clubs will fight it in court and win.

They wouldn't win. Uefa can let whoever they want into their competitions

UEFA can let whoever TV tells them to into their competitions.

There's no way Sky and the like would allow UEFA to start banning some of its biggest draws. It just won't happen.

No clubs will be kicked out of European competition next season for breaking financial fair play rules, UEFA president Michel Platini said in an interview today.

UEFA's financial fair play (FFP) policy, designed to stop clubs spending more than they generate, comes into effect next season with a maximum penalty of exclusion from European competition for those failing to comply.

"In effect, the first decisions will be announced at the start of May," Platini told Le Parisien newspaper in an interview published on its website.

"But if you are expecting blood and tears and you will be disappointed. There will be some tough things but no exclusions from European competition."

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/24/soccer-uefa-platini-idINKBN0DA0JV20140424

Uefa have since said that they havent ruled it out and Platini isnt even part of that process that decides. Although i think we know clubs wont get kicked out straight away, thats for repeat offenders.

No one is getting kicked out, ever. Clubs will fight it in court and win.

They wouldn't win. Uefa can let whoever they want into their competitions

UEFA can let whoever TV tells them to into their competitions.

There's no way Sky and the like would allow UEFA to start banning some of its biggest draws. It just won't happen.

You can't have a ' club '  - where breaking the law is allowed - So it might be UEFA's competition - but for example they couldn't ban afro Caribbean's from playing. So they couldn't exclude a club based on the amount people choose to invest in it - IMO that would breach restraint on trade laws 

No doubts in my mind that a deal has been struck for the club, Premier League status the only stumbling block. If the deal does get done, and the new guys only plan to spend less than say £50m,then I can see Lambert staying. I reckon Lerner would ensure he is given chance to spend some money, even if it did belong to someone else. But, if the new owners have plans to spend bigger, I would most certainly bet on a new manager taking over.

• Like 1

Why would any new owner agree to this?

In the short term maybe - but it wouldn't be legally binding. The only reason I could see, is with all the legals going on they might just want Lambert to 'baby sit' until they get there feet under the table. However if the deal is 95% done now - then yes they would probably want to start with a new geezer 

well lerner thinks lambert has done a decent job under the circumstances. He will make his feelings known to whoever takes over and they might see his point. I just think lerner would of gone to great lengths to ensure lambert stays.

In the short term maybe - but it wouldn't be legally binding. The only reason I could see, is with all the legals going on they might just want Lambert to 'baby sit' until they get there feet under the table. However if the deal is 95% done now - then yes they would probably want to start with a new geezer

And why would Lerner care if Lambert keeps his job?

Nah, when Lerner sells, Lambo's gone.

No doubts in my mind that a deal has been struck for the club, Premier League status the only stumbling block. If the deal does get done, and the new guys only plan to spend less than say £50m,then I can see Lambert staying. I reckon Lerner would ensure he is given chance to spend some money, even if it did belong to someone else. But, if the new owners have plans to spend bigger, I would most certainly bet on a new manager taking over.

can't see us spending huge amounts, it will be gradual but obviously more than we have been spending. In time I think we could be spending big money.

And why would Lerner care if Lambert keeps his job?

Nah, when Lerner sells, Lambo's gone.

seems like they have a decent relationship. Can't see it if I'm honest

I think were best sticking with lambert next season, even if it is to baby sit while the new owners settle in. If he does well he'll stay, if its terrible again a change will be made. Maybe someone will already be lined up if halfway through the season things aint improved much.

There is no way in hell McLeishbert will still be Villa manager at the start of next season. If he is, the new owners may as well write off their first season in charge.

The overwhelming majority of fans have had enough of him and have seen enough already to know he isn't the man to take us forward, even with money to spend.

I think were best sticking with lambert next season, even if it is to baby sit while the new owners settle in. If he does well he'll stay, if its terrible again a change will be made. Maybe someone will already be lined up if halfway through the season things aint improved much.

Why on earth would you stick with Lambert? His record is woeful, his football is woeful and by all accounts his assistants who he has carried around for 7 years are nothing short of a disgrace . The guy is a total disaster from start to finish. He is awful and had been since he arrived. He should have had the bullet months ago, how is still employed is a mystery. Utter crap manager.

Fines are a joke to the mega rich, but I don't think it's fines or nothing. There's plenty in between.

I'd like to give it time to see what happens before I slag it off.

Yep. The first paragraph is correct whilst I agree with the second.

There are sanctions available in between the softest (fine/warning) and the toughest (exclusion/withdrawal of a title).

A fine and/or warning is not "tough" so surely this isn't what's in store for City and PSG. The sanctions in between are:

A points deduction.

Withholding of revenues from a UEFA competitions.

Stopping clubs from registering players to play in a UEFA competition.

A restriction of the number of players a team can register.

A limit on the total wages utilised for players deployed to play in UEFA competitions.

I agree that it needs to be seen what sanctions are handed out before it's considered a farce. The next interesting thing will be the future court case determining the legality of the rules.

• Like 2

Because I'm not convinced were going to be spending loads of money. I think next seasons goal will be to do much better than the last 2 seasons and I don't see that costing to much. Next season will be a settling in period for the new owners. Top half finish and having a real go at both cups. Who's going to come villa if we aint promosing them a big budget? I just think they will stick with lambert until they settle in. If he aint doing the job next season he will be gone. Not next season but the one after, that's where I see us spending big ish money.