$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Whoever does come in the summer is going to need to invest in at least half a team because there are quite a few jokers at the club who are simply not good enough and do nothing more than pretend they are Premierleague footballers

No. It probably still ranks as the fifth most popular sport over here.

But I think I read that it is one of the fastest growing sports in terms of fan base. It's just kind of hard to make an event out of most of the matches when they're at 10 AM. But the increasing availability of online streaming has gotten people interested

The Premier League has been a massive success for NBC. Even sports fans here who don't like (soccer) know who Wayne Rooney is, who Arsenal are, etc. It's becoming part of the collective sports consciousness. The gear I see in the Boston area is Liverpool, Celtic, Man U, and then a drop off. After that, I see Chelsea and Arsenal, but no other British clubs. I see plenty of Flamengo and Palmeiras, Benfica and Porto, and some Real Madrid and Barca shirts, usually worn by Central Americans.

No. It probably still ranks as the fifth most popular sport over here.

But I think I read that it is one of the fastest growing sports in terms of fan base. It's just kind of hard to make an event out of most of the matches when they're at 10 AM. But the increasing availability of online streaming has gotten people interested

The Premier League has been a massive success for NBC. Even sports fans here who don't like (soccer) know who Wayne Rooney is, who Arsenal are, etc. It's becoming part of the collective sports consciousness. The gear I see in the Boston area is Liverpool, Celtic, Man U, and then a drop off. After that, I see Chelsea and Arsenal, but no other British clubs. I see plenty of Flamengo and Palmeiras, Benfica and Porto, and some Real Madrid and Barca shirts, usually worn by Central Americans.

Have they heard of Baker and KEA :rolleyes:

Whoever does come in the summer is going to need to invest in at least half a team because there are quite a few jokers at the club who are simply not good enough and do nothing more than pretend they are Premierleague footballers

If we're taken over, a manager could be extremely brutal with our first 11 in the summer. There are too many players in our squad that lack the quality to make a difference. I honestly wouldn't mind if we see 5-10 players sold, in an attempt to 'start again'. Something like this, keeping only a few of our current crop:

---------------- Guzan ----------------

Naughton - Vlaar --- Okore - Bertrand

-------- Barry ---------- Delph --------

Zaha ------- Holtby ----------- Grealish

----------- Benteke/ Kozak -----------

If we're taken over, a manager could be extremely brutal with our first 11 in the summer. There are too many players in our squad that lack the quality to make a difference. I honestly wouldn't mind if we see 5-10 players sold, in an attempt to 'start again'. Something like this, keeping only a few of our current crop:

Naughton - Vlaar --- Okore - Bertrand

-------- Barry ---------- Delph --------

Zaha ------- Holtby ----------- Grealish

----------- Benteke/ Kozak -----------

Wrong thread for it but Zaha has looked absolute pony in the premier league

First signing we should make if we get a new owner who is going to spend a lot is Richards from Man City.

id like him here too but for me he sums up everything thats wrong with the prem and why were are where we are, decent player, better players abroad if we did the scouting, he'd want say £40-60k a week with very little to suggest he's worth it, we'd need a deal that was right for us

i dont want this shoe string budget bullshit to continue but i dont want the recklessness back either

Hard to see a takeover if we are in the championship which is a strong possibility

It really isn't mate. It's actually very unlikely.
i don't see us getting anymore points this season mate

i dont think we need to, norwich will need a win vs arsenal or chelsea, fulham with their goal difference would need 6 points from stoke away and palace, not impossible but unlikely 

Hard to see a takeover if we are in the championship which is a strong possibility

It really isn't mate. It's actually very unlikely.
i don't see us getting anymore points this season mate

Us staying up has more to do with the teams around us though. Even if we don't pick up points Fulham have to beat both Stoke and Palace or Cardiff have to beat Newcastle and Swansea. 

We're 9-1 to go down, some money to be made there, there's also money to be made on Fulham winning both.

Some people questioned why another US owner would look at us earlier in this thread, especially with our current form and standing.

I've been in the US for 4 days now and already 2 of my cab drivers have been Villa fans, 1 of Mexican descent and 1 who was Brazilian. Both were really excited when I said who I supported and apparently we are well followed by the Hispanic community according to the Mexican chap, who seemed really clued up and said he's been to a fair few games.

Maybe its just coincidence but I found it to be really interesting, it seems that we still are a huge club.

Bet you gave them a good tip. Also bet they were fulham fans or whatever when the next brits get in the back seat.

Haha, the first one possibly, the Mexican guy however knew his stuff and told me about the games he had been to and stuff. He also knew about the tour in the summer.

By the way, the Texas Rangers are absolutely smashing the Baseball league.

Richards - Vlaar --- Okore - Bertrand

-------- Chalobah ---------- Delph --------

Bacuna ------- Sigurdsson ----------- Grealish

----------- Benteke -----------

Fixed

It'll only grow over there, like the NFL over here. More and more brits are taking an interest and following a team now. Dont think it particularly matters though and neither does the nationality of the new owner if there is one. Aslong as they know what theyre doing or get advice from people who do.

First signing we should make if we get a new owner who is going to spend a lot is Richards from Man City.

id like him here too but for me he sums up everything thats wrong with the prem and why were are where we are, decent player, better players abroad if we did the scouting, he'd want say £40-60k a week with very little to suggest he's worth it, we'd need a deal that was right for us

i dont want this shoe string budget bullshit to continue but i dont want the recklessness back either

This would be as reckless as buying James Milner from Newcastle again guaranteed success and double your money if reselling.

The footie thing is definitely on the up over here. This is why these sports loving American owners want to get in on the act.

The stats are there for all to see. The 25 years old and younger market is solidly loving soccer and I believe #2 in ratings behind American football.

The problem financially is that it is the 40 year old + market that drives TV revenue and they are still solidly into baseball, basketball.

However if the momentum gained with the new generation kids like my son is maintained for the next batch you will see soccer take another huge leap forward,

When the current teenager is 40 and watching tv with his family then soccer will become a powerhouse for TV viewing and the money will flow.

I am not sure how the MLS gets by on this because it is the European leagues that everyone wants to see, the MLS is a sideshow but growing all the time.

If the MLS ever managed to get a major TV deal in say 10 years, there would be a flood of players coming over here. Before then invest in a team like Villa and assuming we are not relegated and thrown into the back lands of nowhere.... there is plenty of money to be made in the years ahead.

• Like 1

I want MLS to improve...but I'm not sure I want to envision a future where it becomes the vastly superior league to all others in the world...if we could be on par with the Dutch league in terms of quality and fan support, I'd be thrilled. But for me, MLS has a replica league feel to it, like the embarrassing "Real" Salt Lake, Chivas USA, etc. A lack of total authenticity is what still keeps me from paying much attention to MLS. That and the still often dreadful level of play.

Sorry for going so far OT...

Wrong thread for it but Zaha has looked absolute pony in the premier league

I agree, I don't want Zaha, I was just naming a team with very few current Villa players in it, as an example.