$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

A private jet arrived at BHX yesterday afternoon.

It is owned by McLaughlin and Stern, a NY law firm with a wide profile of expertise. Their website claims that they were involved in the acquisition of a Major League Baseball team.

Might be nothing, but circumstantially close enough to report I think.

I wonder which Baseball team that was?

I tried to google it - but couldn't find anything. Looking through their news archives they seem to have invested a lot of time in trying to expand the chinese market [don't panic just an observation - they probably have lots of other clients as well]

.....Actually thinking about could the jet have something to with the Blue Noses rather than ourselves ?

Odds are they work for our potential new owner.

Yeah we will have a name by lunchtime.....

Ive heard there going Nando's for lunch - get some spies over there folks....

It is owned by McLaughlin and Stern, a NY law firm with a wide profile of expertise. Their website claims that they were involved in the acquisition of a Major League Baseball team.

I wonder which Baseball team that was?

I tried to google it - but couldn't find anything. Looking through their news archives they seem to have invested a lot of time in trying to expand the chinese market [don't panic just an observation - they probably have lots of other clients as well]

.....Actually thinking about could the jet have something to with the Blue Noses rather than ourselves ?

Odds are they work for our potential new owner.

I would also assume this: our side legally will be BoA/ML, unless BoAML are instructing another legal firm. Could be the case, I don't know how these things work to be honest - but it doesn't make sense to me. I also highly doubt it's for the 'noses as they have a swamp of crap to wade through first I'd imagine, with being listed on the HKSE AND mystery shareholders that allegedly no one knows their identities. At several points during small heath's troubles it appeared that the CEO/board don't even know the structure of their own business, with much confusion and boardroom power squabbles.

Very Very long shot - but the only geezer I can see buying a baseball team recently is Phil Mickleson , as part of a consortuim

think someone mentioned ny baseball team earlier , this is executive profile for geoffery r handler from business site  

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=2935472&ticker=MAXW&previousCapId=97327&previousTitle=MAXWORLDWIDE%20INC

A NY firm doesn't have to mean an American company ..: just saying :detect:

Their Website has this

Since its inception, the firm has expanded in size and scope to meet the challenges of a changing world. Today, we number over eighty attorneys and represent clients in a variety of forums, both domestic and international, including in China, India and other emerging markets. Indeed, as the economy has grown increasingly complex, so too have the services we offer, enabling us to resolve our clients' issues and help them attain their goals.
Edited by limpid
fixed botched quote
  • Like 3

The scenario I worry about is that Lerner has been busting a gut to sell us for around 3 years without sucess - The fact that he has gone public - is a last ditch attempt to drum up a buyer - and that BOA \ Merril Lynch have also been appointed for some considerable time.

If all the above is correct than when are no more likley to see a buyer now, than any time in the past 3 years .....[ok maybe slightly because the balance sheet has improved]

I think Lerner's asking price will put a lot of people off. Villa is not worth £200m

Do we know for sure that that's what Lerner wants for the club?

Hasn't this figure been a journo guesstimate? 

Not sure? £200m seems a bit high to me

To be fair, I would imagine that whilst Randy would be in his rights to ask whatever he wants, he would get the business properly assessed and valued as to it's worth.

If he wants out, he knows that not properly valuing his assets will only prolong his tenure here.

• Like 1

Their Website has this

Since its inception, the firm has expanded in size and scope to meet the challenges of a changing world. Today, we number over eighty attorneys and represent clients in a variety of forums, both domestic and international, including in China, India and other emerging markets. Indeed, as the economy has grown increasingly complex, so too have the services we offer, enabling us to resolve our clients' issues and help them attain their goals.

Could be SHA too.

**shudders**

Edited by limpid
fixed botched quote

Their Website has this

I see what you did there ;)

Edited by limpid
fixed botched quote
  • Like 1

Their Website has this

I doubt the donut guys would use such a top notch lawyer  [Hopes]

Edited by limpid
fixed botched quote

I should add that another jet, a private charter from NY, arrived on 15th and is still sitting on the tarmac.

As it is a private charter, it may just be awaiting its next job, or maybe to take back whoever it brought in.

It is also often used by Justin Bieber, who I believe is in Europe at the moment, so probable that he was the passenger and it is completely unrelated.

Probably had Miley Cyrus on it as she was in Brum Friday in Concert would have thought spend a week or so doing her UK tour then back to wherever!?

Can any blame be laid at the feet of Lerner for the position were in now?

Nobody disputes that, pretty sure that we all want him gone. People can't complain 1 week after he has publicly announced that we're up for sale, that it hasn't happened yet, or that because he publicly announced that we're up for sale he is somehow an even worse owner.

No one is soley having a go at him for not selling the club at this point. The point is he has put the club into a bit of mess and happily gambled with our premiership status for three consecutie years. To do all that and fail to sell the club is terrible. Nothing to do with not selling the club right now, he may well sell the club and we'll be better off but it looks like a deal isn't close. If he fails to sell the club we are in serious trouble once again due to the poor state of the squad and the poor manager who has lost the majority of the fans. I know with lerner some seem to just shrug off mistakes but IMO runningt the club the way he has and then failing to sell this summer would be another **** up in a long list of **** ups.

The guy can obviously do absolutely no right in your eyes.  You don't want him to still be here but criticise him for not having a deal lined up ALREADY.  Of course, this is **** nonsense anyway as you can't possibly know whether;

a - there are any interested parties

b - there are any offers on the table

c - the amount of time Lerner has been "looking to sell" or

d - the price he'd want for the club

By all means be upset by recent seasons, the way you think the club has been run, the lack of quality in the playing staff or perhaps even just waking up each day but why don't you just wait and see what happens rather than post this drivel about the "club being **** up" every couple of pages?  The moaning is completely overwhelming.

• Like 2

Personally the only one that I think has an ounce of crediblity on this is Kwan.  He has given us some info and has not milked it.  He has never had a history of making info up and has been a long time poster.

Given the above, it seems that PL will remain in charge for the time being and maybe if the new owners come in for a short time.  We are probably 4 to 6 weeks away from announcing new owners with the prospective owners now doing DD on the club.

• Like 2

I don't understand why Randy would make the statement about us being up for sale, if there aren't any interest.

The same reason anything is put for sale, to see if there is any interest...

Just because we are for sale doesn't mean we will be sold, far from it.