$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Dinkleham posted this on TBAR:

As far as I know...statement to se...agree to buy the club...dependent on looking at the club etc....funds transferred to a holding account...blah blah...

Sounds like a very reliable info...

Couple of decent players and we'll have a much better season.

Just need a left back, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and keep Benteke. Comfortably finish around 13th.

This is what people seem to forget.

Okore will be back, perhaps Zog as well then Benteke after a few months.

We were one of the teams with the highest amount of injures, yet we were still meant to be steaming up the league. This is not an excuse for Lambert who was shite a lot of the time, its fact about the injuries.

I agree we probably are a  only few players away from being a decent mid table team with the right additions, the major concern that I have is that we are relying on these players who have suffered long term injuries to come back at the same level as before, and also staying fit long enough to get their levels up to the required standard. Usually after such long term injuries players come back and suffer other niggling injuries or worse case scenario the injury goes again. So even if we do buy a few decent players, we are far from guaranteed to climb the table.

I don't get this fear of Lambert walking I really don't. We are not in Europe next season so no preparation is needed. Lambert has been a dead man walking for most of the season as his recent record would suggest and should that warrant any clamour at all to keep him? Look at our general performance level under him in the run in does that show that the players give a **** whether Lambert is at the club next season or are people still wanting to keep Lambert due to the continuity debate?

If he walks which he won't and should actually be sacked then Cowans I'm sure is more than capable to keep the club ticking over even into the start of next season until a buyer and then a new manager can be brought in who might even, shock horror get better performances out of the players Lambert has signed.

• Like 1

People need to be patient otherwise it will be a long and gruelling summer. I am confident something will happen in terms of a new owner before the season starts. PL staying is good news as at least it means we are not stuck with no manager and no money. We can get some players in and the tranisition between owners/coaching staff will be easier.

Exactly. I think some are letting their hatred of Lambert cloud their rationality a little bit. As you said, being stuck with no manager or no money is the absolute worst scenario.

That's not a possible scenario though is it? Lerner isn't going to risk damaging his investment even more and there will always be a manager.

Out of the actual realistic scenarios Lerner and Lambert being here at the start of the season is the worst one.

You can't really rule anything out, including that.

Disagree. The worst one would be Lambert leaving and us forced to get in a new manager yet again who in all likelihood might not even be here for long either if a takeover happened next summer.

If Lambert walked we'd have massive problems convincing a new manager to sign on knowing that he could be sacked if a takeover happens in the next few weeks/months.

Exactly. We'd end up with someone worse than Lambert and with a squad that had been signed by a different manager. We really can't afford yet another transition season on so little investment.
We'd end up with someone worse than Lambert would we and how have you come to that conclusion. That is some assertion to make.

Life long Villa fan living in Swansea (father an Aston boy).

Have beeen following this topic with a great deal of interest and am surprised that one name,as far as I can see, hasn't cropped up as a potential buyer of our great club,Robert Kraft,Although steeped in American Football, Craft and his family have a huge interest in Soccor,the family were very interest in buying Liverpool some years ago but it didn't transpire in the end. A name to conjour with,bet the pulses would be racing if he became our owner.

With Okore coming back and Vlaar/Clark/Baker still around, I'm actually not too fussed about another CB for the time being.

I still think the midfield is what needs work.  Bring in a creative midfielder alongside a destructive midfielder and we'll look stronger.  Depending on the amount of money being spent (let's assume £20m), I think we could pick up good players in both departments.

However, I also think Benteke has the potential to be our major problem; and a lot depends on when Kozak will be back too.  If we got 2 midfielders in, maybe we should switch up to 4-4-2 and play a narrow diamond with Gabby/Weimann as proper strikers? 

It the wages though as well, for instance you look at the plethora of midfielders at Spurs and think some could slot in nicely here (Sandro/Holtby) but are we willing on the wage front, I suppose would they come, perhaps not anyway! We also need to be smart with the loan system (look at evertons loanees last season, Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu stand out players IMO) and maybe more experience un-contracted players

Of course it's wages dependant - and I wouldn't want any of Spurs' midfielders for this reason (Holtby on loan would be alright I guess?).  I think we'd be looking in Europe again for players because of this very reason.  Not to raise old issues, but I can't see Kiyotake wanting anywhere near as much as already established but, perhaps, less able players already plying their trade in the Prem.

Well if they're both staying its yet another season of just surviving. The fans have already turned and can't see them being very patient with Lambert next season.

We have a poor squad, a manager disliked by the majority and an owner who doesn't want to be our owner. Things are looking good.

I really hope something is done before the start of the season.

BJ, if the club isn't sold yet, what are we supposed to do?

Go into the season without a manager? What quality manager would join the club before a sale? 

Anyone ready to admit they're isn't a buyer? Lamberts not gonna have talks and stay for the sake of 2 weeks or so

He's been given money, and knows he's staying probably for at least another season

The takeover won't happen for at least another 6 months in my mind. Of course this will be labelled as nonsense as it's not what people want to hearIf couro

There's nothing to admit to in the first place. We don't know if there is a buyer(s) or not.

We'd end up with someone worse than Lambert would we and how have you come to that conclusion. That is some assertion to make.

It would be very hard to attract managers under the current conditions. Who would want to come and manage the club after what it's been through with little investment and uncertainty surrounding the ownership?

I'd be more worried about Lambert staying. He's failed to get the best of of his squad. Why will it be different next season?

Upheaval would be worse for us right now than having Lambert stay on.  We've also seen changes in both the last couple of seasons with regards to Lambert's playing style (in my opinion).  There have been points where we've looked good (end of season before this one, start of this one) and points where we've looked **** horrific (all over the shop) but the squad is now "in place" and quality needs adding.

If we sacked Lambert before a known buyer is in, we'd just have to start all over again.  It'd be terrible.

Life long Villa fan living in Swansea (father an Aston boy).

Have beeen following this topic with a great deal of interest and am surprised that one name,as far as I can see, hasn't cropped up as a potential buyer of our great club,Robert Kraft,Although steeped in American Football, Craft and his family have a huge interest in Soccor,the family were very interest in buying Liverpool some years ago but it didn't transpire in the end. A name to conjour with,bet the pulses would be racing if he became our owner.

Hello :) Yes, Kraft has been suggested. 

Cowans doesn't want the job, if you honestly think another manager will come in under the current predicament, you are deluding yourself.

Please read my post again. I'm not advocating a new man to come in under the present circumstances but someone to hold the fort until until we get a new owner and I'm sure if asked as a matter of urgency Cowans would step up.

I note that you can't snoop TBAR's take over thread without being a member now

EDIT Scratch that. You can. Not sure WTF that message was then. . :crylaugh:

Edited by Eames

Cowans doesn't want the job, if you honestly think another manager will come in under the current predicament, you are deluding yourself.

Please read my post again. I'm not advocating a new man to come in under the present circumstances but someone to hold the fort until until we get a new owner and I'm sure if asked as a matter of urgency Cowans would step up.

I think that is a terrible idea and I really don't think Cowans would be eager to do that, if anything I think he is more likely to step down back to working with the youth players rather than step up to manage the team even if only in the short term.

• Like 2

Pallet didn't say anything about the timetable for when the club would be sold, and it would make sense to keep Lambert till it is, say a month from now. Just wait and see without throwing panic alarm quite yet.

Do you know for certain Cowans would step up? Fans who are close to Cowans has said he doesn't fancy being the boss. Have you seen the scenario that happened at Wolves and Nowich? Both employed coaches as the main man and both got relegated.

Anyone ready to admit they're isn't a buyer? Lamberts not gonna have talks and stay for the sake of 2 weeks or so

He's been given money, and knows he's staying probably for at least another season

The takeover won't happen for at least another 6 months in my mind. Of course this will be labelled as nonsense as it's not what people want to hearIf couro

There's nothing to admit to in the first place. We don't know if there is a buyer(s) or not.

It would be very hard to attract managers under the current conditions. Who would want to come and manage the club after what it's been through with little investment and uncertainty surrounding the ownership?

That's more than a fair point but not the point you originally made which I questioned.

Sacking Lambert makes zero sense. Firstly we would have to pay him off. Secondly he has shown that he can keep the team in the league on a shoe string. Also it would create further uncertainty. Why appoint a new man who may well be sacked by the new owners thus creating greater liabilities.

• Like 1