$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I heard about Khaled Al-Baltan (Which was written few pages ago) And it seems real if I'm honest, I know that he have interest, But I'm not sure if he's negotiating and wether the negotiations are going good or not. But what I'm sure about is that there is interest.

• Like 1

A NY firm doesn't have to mean an American company ..: just saying :detect:

A private jet arrived at BHX yesterday afternoon.
It is owned by McLaughlin and Stern, a NY law firm with a wide profile of expertise. Their website claims that they were involved in the acquisition of a Major League Baseball team.

Might be nothing, but circumstantially close enough to report I think.

Their Website has this

Since its inception, the firm has expanded in size and scope to meet the challenges of a changing world. Today, we number over eighty attorneys and represent clients in a variety of forums, both domestic and international, including in China, India and other emerging markets. Indeed, as the economy has grown increasingly complex, so too have the services we offer, enabling us to resolve our clients' issues and help them attain their goals.

I doubt the donut guys would use such a top notch lawyer [Hopes]

Yea that and it was a hoax

The newspaper article may have been a hoax, but some people who have previously got information on deals correct (sponsorship) have advised on the deal. I can see no reason for them to lie. I don't think it can be ruled out that the Indian group are interested, and that a deal may be forthcoming. Edited by limpid
fixed botched quote

Money is there to spend.

I'd imagine if he does sign a player or two he will see out the season with or without new owners.

Otherwise it's a bit of a waste letting him spend money only for him to go later on down the line.

1. @dvtavfc similar to last two seasons, maybe a little less. Quality over quantity this time though

So thats about £20m then, bollocks all really. 2 players at most??? maybe another loan signing. If that info is correct then we are well and truely buggered, this squad needs 6 players minimum to be half competetive, 15 new players if it is to achieve anything :-(

You could argue we were very competitve last season. Just for the wrong things.

Seriously though we don't need 15 players - or 6. If he's got £20m to play with (assuming there is no buyer) a new starting CB and a creative midfielder bought, and a loanee LB should see us ok.

• Like 2

If Lerner can find 30 million for Lambert to spend I think we'll have a far better season than most people seem to expect.

Problem is we still have Given, Hutton, Nzogbia, Bent on the wage bill. Plus there are new contracts potentially for the likes of Gabby, Delph and Allbrighton etc. I think this could well be one of the worst summers fo a long time

• Like 1

The only person with his balls on the line today is Dinkleham on TBAR as he said the takeover would be announced on the stock exchange today. Which is as clear and testable a prediction as you can get.

i wondered if the NY stock exchange announcement was more down to crossed wires and internet traffic and would be Van Gaal being announced as the new Man U manager .. ( I believe the club are listed on that exchange ?)

would seem to make more sense 

People need to be patient otherwise it will be a long and gruelling summer.  I am confident something will happen in terms of a new owner before the season starts.  PL staying is good news as at least it means we are not stuck with no manager and no money.  We can get some players in and the tranisition between owners/coaching staff will be easier.

The only person with his balls on the line today is Dinkleham on TBAR as he said the takeover would be announced on the stock exchange today. Which is as clear and testable a prediction as you can get.

Why would the sale of a private company be announced on the stock exchange?

If I were the owner of Dinkleham's balls, I would be a very worried man indeed.

Edit: Just seen TonyH's post. NYSE, so the potential buyer talked about is a US listed company. Phew!

Edited by thetrees

People need to be patient otherwise it will be a long and gruelling summer.  I am confident something will happen in terms of a new owner before the season starts.  PL staying is good news as at least it means we are not stuck with no manager and no money.  We can get some players in and the tranisition between owners/coaching staff will be easier.

Exactly. I think some are letting their hatred of Lambert cloud their rationality a little bit. As you said, being stuck with no manager or no money is the absolute worst scenario.

• Like 1

But if the buyer is on stock exchange, I think they have to announce the buy on stock exchange.

Well if they're both staying its yet another season of just surviving. The fans have already turned and can't see them being very patient with Lambert next season.

We have a poor squad, a manager disliked by the majority and an owner who doesn't want to be our owner. Things are looking good.

I really hope something is done before the start of the season.

Money is there to spend.

I'd imagine if he does sign a player or two he will see out the season with or without new owners.

Otherwise it's a bit of a waste letting him spend money only for him to go later on down the line.

1. @dvtavfc similar to last two seasons, maybe a little less. Quality over quantity this time though

So thats about £20m then, bollocks all really. 2 players at most??? maybe another loan signing. If that info is correct then we are well and truely buggered, this squad needs 6 players minimum to be half competetive, 15 new players if it is to achieve anything :-(

Seriously though we don't need 15 players - or 6. If he's got £20m to play with (assuming there is no buyer) a new starting CB and a creative midfielder bought, and a loanee LB should see us ok.

Id say we need to replace Lowton,Bennett,Luna,Bertrand,Baker,Sylla,Tonev,Bowery,Helenius,Hutton,Bent,Nzogbia and Given at least. They are either bomb squad or shite with the exception of Bertrand who wont stay. Allbrighton may leave too

But if the buyer is on stock exchange, I think they have to announce the buy on stock exchange.

Only if it was purchased through an existing listed company.

If it was personal wealth being used or a new business it wouldn't automatically be listed.

People need to be patient otherwise it will be a long and gruelling summer. I am confident something will happen in terms of a new owner before the season starts. PL staying is good news as at least it means we are not stuck with no manager and no money. We can get some players in and the tranisition between owners/coaching staff will be easier.

Exactly. I think some are letting their hatred of Lambert cloud their rationality a little bit. As you said, being stuck with no manager or no money is the absolute worst scenario.

That's not a possible scenario though is it? Lerner isn't going to risk damaging his investment even more and there will always be a manager.

Out of the actual realistic scenarios Lerner and Lambert being here at the start of the season is the worst one.

People need to be patient otherwise it will be a long and gruelling summer. I am confident something will happen in terms of a new owner before the season starts. PL staying is good news as at least it means we are not stuck with no manager and no money. We can get some players in and the tranisition between owners/coaching staff will be easier.

That's not a possible scenario though is it? Lerner isn't going to risk damaging his investment even more and there will always be a manager.

Out of the actual realistic scenarios Lerner and Lambert being here at the start of the season is the worst one.

You can't really rule anything out, including that.

Disagree. The worst one would be Lambert leaving and us forced to get in a new manager yet again who in all likelihood might not even be here for long either if a takeover happened next summer.

Only if it was purchased through an existing listed company.

If it was personal wealth being used or a new business it wouldn't automatically be listed.

Not sure but aren't at least some consortiums in stock exchange?

Money is there to spend.

Id say we need to replace Lowton,Bennett,Luna,Bertrand,Baker,Sylla,Tonev,Bowery,Helenius,Hutton,Bent,Nzogbia and Given at least. They are either bomb squad or shite with the exception of Bertrand who wont stay. Allbrighton may leave too

If we wanted to be Top 6 I'd absolutely agree with you, but dumping 15 new faces into the team all at once is a shocking idea and never ever works. Look at QPR and Norwich for two recent examples. Its never going to happen and is a terrible idea, takeover or no.

Some of the names listed need more time to judge, Luna, Tonev and Bowery especially. I don't get the hatred for Bowery the OG aside I can't recall a game where he let the team or himself down, his major crime for most of the season was that he was more often than not, not the player the fans wanted to see subbed on.

• Like 1