$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

In terms of value, it is usually worked out by money peeps as 10-12times the operating income.
Our operating income was around £16.5mill so welve times this gives us the £200m value.
He may get that based on the postive equity, very little debt, great history and brand, english and young players, structure and supportive fan base. Now we have guaranteed our PL survivla too, this is a massive plus for new buyers with the money available in the PL each year from TV and rights etc.

I would be surprised if he doesnt get £160-£180m for us in our current state (even though as fans, we believe the team needs a massive clearout with epxerienced players coming in ASAP).

• Like 1

You don't want him to still be here but criticise him for not having a deal lined up ALREADY

I'll save the pointless debate as you've clearly not understood.

rather than post this drivel about the "club being **** up" every couple of pages? The moaning is completely overwhelming.

Overreaction much? I've made a few posts about that.

rather than post this drivel about the "club being **** up" every couple of pages? The moaning is completely overwhelming.

My guess would be roughly 14,272?

Modern football; where if you're not instantaneously "successful", you're shit.  Anyway, about this takeover...

My guess would be roughly 14,272?

Modern football; where if you're not instantaneously "successful", you're shit. Anyway, about this takeover...

Yeah that's my problem, modern football and wanting instant success. The last 4 years prove that don't they?

• Like 1

I've been hearing all about how terrible modern fans are for the last decade at least.

And it's pretty much entirely true :D

I blame Sky and foreign ownership, though.  They've overseen football becoming a right old nonsense.

Can any blame be laid at the feet of Lerner for the position were in now?

Nobody disputes that, pretty sure that we all want him gone. People can't complain 1 week after he has publicly announced that we're up for sale, that it hasn't happened yet, or that because he publicly announced that we're up for sale he is somehow an even worse owner.

No one is soley having a go at him for not selling the club at this point. The point is he has put the club into a bit of mess and happily gambled with our premiership status for three consecutie years. To do all that and fail to sell the club is terrible. Nothing to do with not selling the club right now, he may well sell the club and we'll be better off but it looks like a deal isn't close. If he fails to sell the club we are in serious trouble once again due to the poor state of the squad and the poor manager who has lost the majority of the fans. I know with lerner some seem to just shrug off mistakes but IMO runningt the club the way he has and then failing to sell this summer would be another **** up in a long list of **** ups.

If that's what your saying that's what the Lerner thread is for

I've been hearing all about how terrible modern fans are for the last decade at least.

Yes, it seems not supporting a billionaire cutting costs or not giving a poor performing manager years of patience means you're an instant success craving modern day fan. Terrible really.

In terms of value, it is usually worked out by money peeps as 10-12times the operating income.

Our operating income was around £16.5mill so welve times this gives us the £200m value.

He may get that based on the postive equity, very little debt, great history and brand, english and young players, structure and supportive fan base. Now we have guaranteed our PL survivla too, this is a massive plus for new buyers with the money available in the PL each year from TV and rights etc.

I would be surprised if he doesnt get £160-£180m for us in our current state (even though as fans, we believe the team needs a massive clearout with epxerienced players coming in ASAP).

I think the projected growth in the US market as well will be attractive to American investors. I think he'd get close to what you say, which would be fairly cheap I would think, but Randy's not in the best negotiating position really. I hope we do get something firm today.

I think the projected growth in the US market as well will be attractive to American investors. I think he'd get close to what you say, which would be fairly cheap I would think, but Randy's not in the best negotiating position really. I hope we do get something firm today.

Thats what she said 

Anyway I am not holding my breath on this announcement. I don't think it will be what we all want. And even if an announcement is made I hope it isn't ambiguous and open to speculation like previously 

Yes, it seems not supporting a billionaire cutting costs or not giving a poor performing manager years of patience means you're an instant success craving modern day fan. Terrible really.

No-one has "supported a billionaire" in cutting costs - but this is yet more drivel you love to post repeatedly.

And yes, almost everyone has said they want significant funds to "challenge for the top 6"; even at the cost of losing the stadium name.  Modern football.

• Like 1

A NY firm doesn't have to mean an American company ..: just saying :detect:

A private jet arrived at BHX yesterday afternoon.
It is owned by McLaughlin and Stern, a NY law firm with a wide profile of expertise. Their website claims that they were involved in the acquisition of a Major League Baseball team.

Might be nothing, but circumstantially close enough to report I think.

Their Website has this

Since its inception, the firm has expanded in size and scope to meet the challenges of a changing world. Today, we number over eighty attorneys and represent clients in a variety of forums, both domestic and international, including in China, India and other emerging markets. Indeed, as the economy has grown increasingly complex, so too have the services we offer, enabling us to resolve our clients' issues and help them attain their goals.

I doubt the donut guys would use such a top notch lawyer [Hopes]

Yea that and it was a hoax Edited by limpid
fixed botched quote

And it's pretty much entirely true :D

I blame Sky and foreign ownership, though. They've overseen football becoming a right old nonsense.

No, I think the point is that people tend to compare the age in which they are living with a fabricated halcyon era that never actually existed.

• Like 1

Villa Fans: Randy should **** off and sell the club he is not up for it anymore.

Randy: Club is for sale.

Villa Fans: **** sake he not selling it quick enough, not selling it in the right way.

Future chapters can be added to this when the fans realise our new owners are not the next City and we’ll probably sign a similar amount of players as we do now. Only hope they have is if they have fancy foreign names, that means their good.

• Like 2

I don't understand why Randy would make the statement about us being up for sale, if there aren't any interest.

I agree. Premier League clubs are not sold by placing ads. 

It does more harm than good to announce that we are up for sale, unless we have someone interested and the announcement is more a signal for them to hurry up and close the deal before they get competition.

It creates uncertainty at every level. If we were a solid midtable club it would not do that much damage perhaps. But we have been in a relegation fight three years in a row.

Uncertainty is not what is needed now. And I'm sure Randy understand this. 

I don't understand why Randy would make the statement about us being up for sale, if there aren't any interest.

The same reason anything is put for sale, to see if there is any interest...

Just because we are for sale doesn't mean we will be sold, far from it.

I don't understand this either - we're one of the biggest football clubs in the world. I don't think an announcement on our website will suddenly see three or four guys with £200m coming out of the woodwork. If someone wants to buy a PL club they will make the necessary inquiries behind the scenes and well away from the public view.